->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 am 
Fishaholic

Hi,
I have got a Rapala CDMAG18-FT, color Fire tiger lure. Is this a good casting lure. I plan to use it at harbor where the depth near the shore is 10 - 15 feet deep.
Is it a good lure for Barras? Locals are catching 5 kilo plus barras regularly these days but i haven't got any luck with them yet :(

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Binu,

I have never used a sinking lure but CDMAG18-FT firetiger should produce hits from Barra. If you are not casting in strong wind, try the floating F14 or F11. in Firetiger or redhead color.

My favorite lure for barra is Rapala F7 in redhead color on a very slow retrieve.

Another lure worth trying is Bomber jointed in golden color.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Santhosh,
How deep does the Floating magnum swim. I have tried floating magnums in color red head, but I havent got any hit so far :(.
So i thought it could be because of swimming depth. I would give a try to jointed Bomber lures..

Thanks,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Binu, the floating rapala will swims down to 1 - 2 mts depending on the speed you are retrieving, try a slow retrieve for barra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:26 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Santhosh,

I would be going this weekend :) for barras.
Would let you know if i catch something :D

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 am 
Fishaholic

Yep, Red Heads are killers...but I am more of a Yo-Zuri guy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:29 am 
Fishaholic

Yo-Zuri Mag Minnow (Green Mackerel) [smilie=coolup.gif] , good casting, nice action & deadly on jacks. Always the first one to fly out when I go fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:30 pm 
Fishaholic

AS no one has answered the original question here it is the Rapala Mag CD 18 is a sinking lure and would go easily to 30 ft+ you can control it some by retrieving it fast but from the shore if the depth is only 10 to 15 ft it is not advisable to use as ii would like to snag . It is mainly a very good trolling lure for off shore thats what i have gathered any other input would sure be appreciated bobby , Santosh (the kings ) :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:30 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,

I thought the replies from Santosh were fair enough, unless I missed something :lol:

You are correct this is more of a trolling lure but I do not see why you cannot spin with it. As a rule I use the Mags with metal lips for trolling and the plastic lips for spinning (Sinkers opposed to floaters) but you surely can spin with either.

However I prefer Yo-Zuri as they offer better casting balance.

But Binu, here's a couple of pictures from the old Magnum days of a 36lb Barra I caught on an Fluro Orange Floating Magnum spinning, proof that they do work :D , you can see the lure still on the Fish.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:05 am 
Fishaholic

Fish do not discriminate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby i never say any where that Rapala magnum does not work or you can't spin with it. I was referring to specific lure in question (Mag CD 18) and i said that this one is a sinking lure which may not be preferable for spinning from the shore( oh you can spin with it from a boat in deep ocean sure :twisted: ) . I have quite a few Mag's and been spinning with them for a long time but as you said they all are floaters you see :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:30 am 
Fishaholic

Wow thats a real huge fish Bobby :-) . I am sure rapala magnums work well, i got a huge hit from a cuda once, but lost the fish during strike itself.
thanks Rajat, i mainly used to fish from the shore, so couldn't use the lure. Tried a couple of casts with it, but was pretty sure that i would lose the lure to the submerged rocks in harbor in my next cast. But as you said it should troll well and i guess the Firetiger is also an effective color.
Would try trolling once i come back from my assignment

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

Yes Rajat, knew what you were saying mate, was just having a wee bit of fun :-). Agree, I find a floating Mag better to spin with as well.

If I rememeber correctly, the only fish I caught on a Firetiger Mag was a Cobia. The reason most likely is I never used a fire tiger Mag that often.

I have caught Cuda, MJ and GT on a firetiger patern crystal minnow.

Binu, would you believe me when I tell you that that was the average size for a fish from that place and there was not a single time you went there and did not catch barra like that or bigger.

Regards,

Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
would you believe me when I tell you that that was the average size for a fish from that place and there was not a single time you went there and did not catch barra like that or bigger.

Bruce

Yup I agree too , that place was dynamite ....Nowadays youll be lucky if you catch one in 5 trips

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
Yup I agree too , that place was dynamite ....Nowadays youll be lucky if you catch one in 5 trips

If I guess the place correctly, someone is still catching big barra's there, full moon is the time (even better if its not on a weekend).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Fredfish wrote:

If I guess the place correctly, someone is still catching big barra's there, full moon is the time (even better if its not on a weekend).

here goes the secret talk of the big guys never to disclose spots shhhhhhhhh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:11 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:

here goes the secret talk of the big guys never to disclose spots shhhhhhhhh :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tell me about it Rajat, The last I heard about the one such big guy was that he was going out on weekend for some urgent work and coincidently met his friend on the way, since they met, the big guy decided to spend the entire weekend fishing .... surprisingly the big guys friend knew about all this two days before the accidental meet up (amazing).

Damn.... small. :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:34 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
rajatmukherje wrote:

Tell me about it Rajat, The last I heard about the one such big guy was that he was going out on weekend for some urgent work and coincidently met his friend on the way, since they met, the big guy decided to spend the entire weekend fishing .... surprisingly the big guys friend knew about all this two days before the accidental meet up (amazing).

Damn.... small. :evil: :evil:

well you can think what you want mate it has nothing to do with not disclosing the spots :wink: :wink: I think as some one has pointed out earlier in the forum it is best to spend some time and energy and find your own spots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Very nice fishes Bobby. :-) . Wish I can land something like that. Keep on posting such pictures as motivation to us, "small boys". :twisted:

Rajat/ Santosh........... :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:

I am loveing it. :wink: :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby,
You have fished most waters in India. Have you fished for barras in or near Chennai. Do you know of some spots in the East coast.

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ali,

Hope this one is enough of motivation a 40lb and a 42lb barra :lol: (found one of my old albums):

Don't waste your time boys, the place is finished and that is one reason why places like that should be kept secret. There are people who have a complete disregard for animal life and lack angling decency. I do not have a problem taking anyone to any place I know, but I need to really know that person well enough to rely on their angling principles and be able rest assured that they will do the right thing. I have seen too many places destroyed because of people who just love to kill.

Binu I am an alien to the East Coast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:42 pm 
Fishaholic

wow wow [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]
Bobby i think the places are getting destroyed or finished not because of any sport angling the local guys are more responsible for the over kill then any of us. Even if you keep a fish or two for the pot as i usually do (being bong and all) but it hardly makes any difference i think. How many times in a week a angler can go to fish even if you are damn lucky practically not more than once.

I have seen and asked locals they are out there every day without giving any thought to season, spawning time etc. you should see the the kind of nets they use. Some time i think they even take out salt particles from the sea. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif] [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

Although i thoroughly respect the "angler's code" but if it is our code then why the hell we are so damn possessive about it. A person who would keep that code has to be a angler and only then he will abide by it . I think this code thing is really little over rated and we are just possessive about these spots like a small boys as Ali would say . We just don't any one else to catch fish in our spot as if one could finish the entire population of fish by our method of fishing . :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:23 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
I think this code thing is really little over rated and we are just possessive about these spots like a small boys as Ali would say . We just don't any one else to catch fish in our spot as if one could finish the entire population of fish by our method of fishing . :wink: :wink:

Well said Rajat! It is this sort of juvenile behaviour that had really put me off "angling" for a bit.I now prefer to go on my own (or with non "anglers" )as and when possible. Because for me it is the environment and enjoying my time out that matters.
Regards,
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am 
Fishaholic

yaj wrote:

Well said Rajat! It is this sort of juvenile behaviour that had really put me off "angling" for a bit.I now prefer to go on my own (or with non "anglers" )as and when possible. Because for me it is the environment and enjoying my time out that matters.
Regards,
Yaj.

I know exactly how you feel partner believe me :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:50 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Rajat,

Taking one or two fish is fine by me, but this very spot has seen anglers take 6 - 7 large barra like these, all killed in a day or two. It is a place that cannot be netted and never has because of the currents but anglers killed it because they were irresponsible. There are two kind of spots, one were fish dwell and the other where they visit, feeding beats or what ever. The former can be finished out easily by irresponsible angling, nets block access more than take fish like Barramundi.

I don't blame guys like Santosh and Fred for being secretive because they have seen it happen. It has got nothing to do with being selfish. You need to get on the circuit and in due course people will take you as they get to know you better. Let's be honest no one in their right mind will post something like this on an open forum.

You also need to understand that there are some guys who invest a hell of a lot of time, money and hard work scouting for new places to fish, after all that work it is not fair if someone who just ‘tags’ along gets careless. I know people who take a lot of care to hide their catches from locals because of netting, (why Devgad got screwed because of just that). Then there are some who love to show off their catches and even sit down to educate the locals, give them tackle, lures even. There’s nothing against being generous but you need to appreciate the consequences of your actions. These locals will take 100% almost daily big small it does not matter, they live there and have much, much more time than you.

For me I do not have the time to go and scout for new places individually any more because of where I reside, recently I am the one who tags along but I need to respect the persons wishes who has taken me to a certain place and showed it to me.

There are a couple of places in Bombay where I stop fishing when any local netters are about, I also release 100% of my catch there because I do not want any one of these netters to know that there are fish there.

I know some of you guys will not appreciate what I am saying, but that’s the way it is.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:10 am 
Fishaholic

Very nice rajat... :lol: :lol:

rajatmukherje wrote:
The boys called me up from Madh to join them for a season of night fishing as i believe few days ago Abby and Madhur both caught some fish and lost some from the same vicinity (location can not disclose because of secrecy oath)

rajatmukherje wrote:
kulsdood wrote:
did you do spinning? and where from?

As far as for the location "I can tell you but then I have to kill you" (Rules pal)
cheers

rajatmukherje wrote:
I decided to discover the joy of sea fishing and after getting some very use full trips from Vishal and Santosh(My new found angler buddies in Mumbai) decided to go for it yesterday. [/img]

You can say the above are not your thoughts... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Can you please tell me, who brought you to powai for the first time, who shared the so called protected spots with you when you were still learning to hold the rod, who helped you with the location and boat when you went our on your own, who helped you select your tackle, lures when you had no clue? The list is long mate...
The same anglers who you are now cribbing about... you crib too much mate.....

Tell me if I have hidden any fishing spots from you? I am sure you know, that i am just a phone call away.

Bobby wrote:
I do not have a problem taking anyone to any place I know, but I need to really know that person well enough to rely on their angling principles and be able rest assured that they will do the right thing..

So true...I completely agree with you.

Santosh

Last edited by santosh on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:35 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby i must make it clear that I was not naming anybody specifically.
Indeed I have not experienced some of this first hand because in the last year I have been pre occupied with my other interests and have refused many offers to go fishing. I definitely understand the need to protect fishing spots and no: I do not expect them to be disclosed on open forums :roll:

At the same time I hear of what goes on, hiding of locations from fellow anglers and "friends", guys who would find it difficult to even visit the places once a month.Making posts misleading fellow anglers by lying about the location probably resulting in the poor guys wasting their time and money (and precious vacation time) at the wrong spots. An honest "location not to be disclosed" would be so much better.

I guess I probably don't understand all this since I am not as "passionate" about angling as some of the others here. To me it is all about spending time with nature away from our urban chaos in the company of friends(optional) and if I catch the occasional fish ,great.

If this pleasure is going to marred by obsessing about who is coming along,bitching, back biting then I guess there are better things to do 8)

Regards,
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:38 am 
Fishaholic

Yaj, Buddy...I know you did not mention any one specifically. Rajat, Santosh, Fred, Ali they all know each other and are constantly pulling each others legs.

Mate I can understand how you feel about being mislead, that is wrong, I would rather be told it is a secret rather than be sent on a wild goose chase. It has happened to me as well so you are not alone :lol: please do not get me wrong FYI I myself has only fished twice last year so you must be better off than that for sure.

I was only trying to explain why people keep some angling locations secret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am 
Fishaholic

I think, this discussion is very useful and pertinent but is veering towards wrong direction. No one has a right to demand that the other discloses his location to other angler. It is also not binding to an angler to always include someone else while going fishing. No one hides a location from a trusted friend but to demand that every one make public all the spots on a forum is not correct.

I do not think that I or Santosh had ever refused any help to any angler from Mumbai or some one visiting Mumbai but if someone thinks that it is our duty that we oblige each and every one then he is wrong. It is solely our discretion that we include any one or not while going fishing.

As per as I am concerned, I will never lie to any one if I am going fishing with some one else and will never mind if someone does not want to go fishing with me.

Guys, lets give each other some space. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Bobby, stop posting such nice photographs otherwise I will choke. :roll: :cry: :twisted:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 pm 
Fishaholic

:arrow:

Last edited by yaj on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Mate I can understand how you feel about being mislead, that is wrong, I would rather be told it is a secret rather than be sent on a wild goose chase. It has happened to me as well so you are not alone :lol:

Actually Bobby it did not happen to me but I have seen it being done on the forum .
And no problems mate I totally get where you are coming from.
Regards,
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:19 pm 
Fishaholic

:arrow:

Last edited by angler_ali on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Fluff . and I thought that the thread was on "Need Advise on Rapalla CDMAG18 - FT ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
I think, this discussion is very useful and pertinent but is veering towards wrong direction. No one has a right to demand that the other discloses his location to other angler.

Guys, lets give each other some space. [smilie=coolup.gif]

Bobby, stop posting such nice photographs otherwise I will choke. :roll: :cry: :twisted:

Regards,

Ali.

this is what happens when girlfriend becomes wife :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree with bobby, santosh, ali bhai completely...
but i do agree with rajat daa as well....

lets give one another some space and not to be so possessive and emotional if someone wants to go alone or with someone else....

and its mostly the locals who have much more time and resourses (nets) to catch the fish in that particular spots.......

bobby about the spots you talking about where barras were taken off like mad..... dont you think that the guys who took 6-7 fish of 40lbs each :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: (about 280lb in total) in one session were not really anglers but meat collectors.... i cant imagine what i will do with that much of meat.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Yes mate, butchers. Anyway, another secret Barra :lol:

Motivation Ali :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
another secret Barra :lol:

Motivation Ali :lol: :lol:

hey mate dont play around with ali bhai :twisted: :twisted:
isnt it the same picture posted before????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
dammn
when im going to hook something like that :!: :!: :evil: :evil: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

hozefaishaqali wrote:
[
this is what happens when girlfriend becomes wife :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and its mostly the locals who have much more time and resourses (nets) to catch the fish in that particular spots.......

bobby about the spots you talking about where barras were taken off like mad..... dont you think that the guys who took 6-7 fish of 40lbs each :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: (about 280lb in total) in one session were not really anglers but meat collectors.... i cant imagine what i will do with that much of meat.....

Girlfriend vs wife..............Do not dig up old discussions... :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Friend,
It is nothing to do with locals or anglers. A meat collector is a meat collector.

I know several of angler here on this forum, discussing protection and what not but when they go fishing, they slaughter the fishes.

Not naming any one but just to eloborate, one of our member from north, when goes fishing for mahseer or trout, carry 6 ice box to carry fishes home... :!: :?:

I had heard stories from santosh of an angler from Puna who caught a boat full of Cudas and took all fishes home.

I have seen from my own eyes the condition of mumbai fishing spots where at a time twenty anglers are letting fly their lures to target one feeding fish. All to take it home.

Regards,

Ali..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Very nice rajat... :lol: :lol:

You can say the above are not your thoughts... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Can you please tell me, who brought you to powai for the first time, who shared the so called protected spots with you when you were still learning to hold the rod, who helped you with the location and boat when you went our on your own, who helped you select your tackle, lures when you had no clue? The list is long mate...
The same anglers who you are now cribbing about... you crib too much mate.....

Tell me if I have hidden any fishing spots from you? I am sure you know, that i am just a phone call away.

Bobby wrote:
I do not have a problem taking anyone to any place I know, but I need to really know that person well enough to rely on their angling principles and be able rest assured that they will do the right thing..

So true...I completely agree with you.

Santosh

Santosh Please let me first thank you for all the fishing tips, taking me or telling me about your personal spots and helping me with Tackle in my initial days although I bought all my tackle quite randomly in fact any way. I also want to thank specially Ali for all the courtesy he has extended to me in Powai or other wise.

I am really surprised to see a personal attack on me well it do happens but I think I was trying to put my views on the forum about a certain thing . yes i also do understand with whatever little way i understand about angling that taking a wrong guy to a place is not done but I am wondering who is that wrong guy . As far as I know any time who ever went with you were all your friends at least as far as I know.don't get so upset and personal pal and don't count me the good deeds you did for me because I never have taken undue advantage even once from any one one and neither would do any time .
On a personal note As far as I am concern you guys are most welcome not to include me in any angling trips from now and don't worry, I for one will not empty the precious spots or will ever tell any one of it thanks

Bobby I don't know if I ever have met any one who kills like that as you mentioned from this forum so i can not comment on what kind of guys we can trust or not
Rajat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

:arrow: :?:

Last edited by hawkeye on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Did I start this ? :doubt: ... I guess not…

Not counting any good deeds mate, I myself received great help from guys like Ali & Fred.... maybe trying to make you realize as a friend the wrong you did. :x

I won’t elaborate more on what you did... I am sure you know... :-)

Forget about the advantage mate, I don’t take & won’t give.

I am not as kind as Ali... :badgrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys,

Look mate, I do take a fish or too and I carry an icebox as well, its OK to take something but we should know where to draw the line.

And as selfish as this may sound the same thing goes for people who release their catch but give or lend tackle to persons who will over fish (I mean the locals). In my 30 years of angling I have see this happen a lot, to give you and example a couple of guys lent rods and reels to some locals at Mhad they used to go out in their little boat and catch 4 - 6 Ravas a day at time which they sold at the local market. I am sure Fred know this. Mhad is not screwed up because of this but because of the excessive netting and pollution.

Rajat, I have not seen or know of anyone on this Forum who kills like what I have mentioned, but people like this exist.

But anyway this thread was intended for something else and has led to a bit of a brawl...just goes to show what a few good barra can do to a Fisherman. No more pictures :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
But anyway this thread was intended for something else and has led to a but of a brawl...just goes to show what a few good barra can do to a Fisherman. No more pictures :lol: :lol:

:twisted: :twisted: Thank God.. I am happy for Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Sorry guys but this thread now officially SUCKS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:

I say......... Full Stop.......... :wink:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:24 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Did I start this ? :doubt: ... I guess not…

Not counting any good deeds mate, I myself received great help from guys like Ali & Fred.... maybe trying to make you realize as a friend the wrong you did. :x

I won’t elaborate more on what you did... I am sure you know... :-)

Forget about the advantage mate, I don’t take & won’t give.

I am not as kind as Ali... :badgrin:

by wrong if you mean that i went fishing with spoon angler the day I was suppose to go to Gorai with Ali . What that has to do with this topic partner ?? I think you are just mixing two things up. I had settle that issue with Ali if you still feel that strongly about the incident then I can not help but to say its your choice and please no need to be sarcastic about extending kindness grow up please :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:27 pm 

Hi

I believe the Rapala CDMAG18-FT will work from shore spinning if the rod tip height & retrival speed is controlled. I saw a gentleman by the name of Mickey spin with a spoon in 1 foot water and pull out two rawas of around 15 to 18 lbs in 15 minutes.

I have seen barras the size Bobby has posted at Diggy & Mandva jetty. Don't know whether they are yet there at Diggy as there was a lot of barge loading of bauxite ore at the jetty. Mandva seems to be a wash out because the ferry traffic has increased tremendously but the Matre brothers pulled out a lot of huge barra there in the 90 ies. Cousin of mine got smashed here by a big one which ran below him into the piers.

Have not seen recently barras over 28lbs Guess they have all been fished out.

By the way Bobby, how are they eating at that size? Have seen a couple of huge barra at Panjim market but nobody seems to want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:

Sorry guys i do feel that this sucks too so I will now extend my unconditional apologies to every one you who I have offended
Rajat

That's a great looking fish carvalho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Yvan,

You talking about Mickey from Bandra who is now no more with us?

The difference with the spoon and the Rapala is that this Rapala will dive as you retrieve it, even with the rod tip up it will not work too well in shallower water, besides you will not be able to work it as well as a floater.

Those Barra made good eating mate, surprisingly.

Want to start another fight take a picture of those 2 barras from Panjim market and say you caught it at a secret place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:, Boys now you know my secret place...Sasson Dock and stop fighting :lol: it is amazing what you can do with a day at the market and photoshop :wink:

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm 
Fishaholic

LOL