->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:39 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: sufix/abu/shimano
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:21 am 
Fishaholic

guyz hav a frend at eugene, oregon...he'll be comin home dis july, givin ya ppl a list...c if all r ok, and in that price range if nethin else is better ya think jus lemme kno plz...1.SUFIX herculine(steel gray) 35 lbs/clear/1000mtrs, 2.abu Big Game 7000IHSN, 3.morrum ultra mag S2 SX601C, 4. abu amby D5 mag....rod not decided yet, suggest good things, could not decide between 2,3,4...plz help me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:12 pm 
Fishaholic

It just took me more than 5 minutes to decifer that !

Seriously, I'm not particularly familiar with the kit that you've listed (other than not liking Suffix lines) but you will definatly get more information out of people if you give up on the text speak and post in clear English - not everyone reading these forums is 14 years old.

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:23 pm 
Fishaholic

1. Sufix Herculine fishing line(steel gray colour)-35 lbs/1000mtrs
2. Abu Garcia Morrum ultra mag S2 SX601C
3. Abu Garcia ambassadeur D5 Mag
4. Aby garcia Big Game 7000 iHSN with levelwind
5. Shimano conquest 101DC

sorry abt that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Why not a Swedish made Abu 7000 C3 instead of the Chinese made i series. As far the line, 50 lb Powere Pro will do quite good with that reel.

A good rod for that reel will be a Lamiglas XS10MHC. This is from the option you gave. If you tell what type of fishing you do and where, hope you will get much better replies from experienced Anglers here.

LF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:41 pm 
Fishaholic

If you are going to be fishing lakes, there is no need for a multiplier.
Most Abu's are now made in China, but try the 7001 C, saw a pair of new ones recently that were made in Sweden.
Hope you are aware that they come in left hand and right hand retrieve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 pm 
Fishaholic

lure_fisherman wrote:
Why not a Swedish made Abu 7000 C3 instead of the Chinese made i series. As far the line, 50 lb Powere Pro will do quite good with that reel.

A good rod for that reel will be a Lamiglas XS10MHC. This is from the option you gave. If you tell what type of fishing you do and where, hope you will get much better replies from experienced Anglers here.

LF

LF i do mainly baitcasting in freshwater...in big lakes mostly,i'll check out the rod u mentioned if i get it here in cal, otherwise i'll pick them from eugene itself,power pro line is better than sufix? i'm also interested in mahseer fishing, but don't hav the stuff i need, n no experince, may i'll ask for MK's help... :lol:

thanx owen buddy, surely shall check 7001C, and yeah i kno they come in left n right hand retrieve...now plz suggest me, if you were buyin a baitcast round reel what it would b?...abu or something else? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:43 am 
Fishaholic

"if you were buyin a baitcast round reel what it would b?...abu or something else?"

Personally, I'd be looking at the Shimano Calcutta range (the original version) as the little 151 that I have knocks spots off any of the ABU's that I've used. A 251 is definatly on my shopping list next time I'm in Singapore. [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:01 am 
Fishaholic

Yo Mate,

I have a Daiwa saltiga surf 5500 and a Daiwa Opus 5000, an Okuma epixor ef50, a shimano ax4000F, a small Abu and a shakespear. Except for the Saltiga all are fairly cheap reels that work real well. As for rods I have a couple of Jarvis walker (Aussie made) General Purpose 8 ft rods with a medium action. A couple of Ugly Stix 9ft sweeties, they cast light plugs real well. A few small Abu rods for light fishing. And some cheap telescopics that come in very handy with kids.

The combos I still love is the shimano on the ugly stix and the Saltiga (now)/opus (earlier) on the jarvis walker.

Unfortunately for me i do not stay at easy fishing lodges or camps. I normally hike and this means that the tackle goes through a lot of abuse even though i am pretty carefull.

So instead of buying expensive top of the line stuff buy good affordable tackle that you can use freely and without having to worry too much. This way you will enjoy the fishing even more.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:33 pm 
Fishaholic

well ken does Shimano conquest 101DC is among calcutta reels by shimano? definitely shall check them out.

MK, right abu reels r unnecessarily expensive, may b'coz of swedish engineering.

forget what i mentioned...
give a good combo for saltwater/tor pituitora fishing...
that includes rod, reel, line, tackle, lure, accesories...
for the both typez...plz

this way it can b solved i guess, or i should say easy for ya guyz...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Can only tell you what i have been using for mahseer up here in the north. Have already mentioned the rod and reels i have. Here is the other tackle I think is needed.

In the big lakes of Bhakra and Pong.
Line : 30lbs braid.
Leader : 30lbs Florocarbon (the fish are getting very smart up here and seem to be able to see the line)
Lures : Shad Raps (no 7), FatRaps, DTs, Husky Jerks, Small Magnums, Countdowns, Tail Dancers, Rattlin Rapalas a few small and medium tobys and Lil Cleos and few spinners.
Colours : In bright sunlight - the more natural looking the better so go for Shads, trouts, silvers, perches, crawdads etc. Dusk to Dawn - fire tigers, clowns, gold. Spinners and spoons in brass and silver.

In fast water.
Line : 30lbs braid topped off with 100-150mtrs of good mono (platypus) of about 30lbs. Though with all the break off you'll want to get 50lbs mono. But don't as you will cast shorter.
Lures : Jointed Rapalas, Original Raps for the rapids. Rattling Raps and Tail Dancers (they seem to kick up a lot of mud/silt/gravel from the bottom and attract the fish) for the pools.
Colours : Gold, Silver and all the trouts. Fire tigers too. I paint my Jointed gold underneath with a nice moss green on top. Pretty close to what we call a soli up here. will try and post a pix when I do the next batch, the present one is pretty beat up. (paints used - Compaint spray cans)

Misc.
Get good Snap Swivels, A great set of pliers, a good knife, nail cutter and scissors, polarisers, a good hat with a neck cover.

Get Smelly Jelly or Carolina lunker Sauce.

Keep some heavy mono for "beavers".

And never keep your deos, insect repellants, soaps, shampoos or any other smelly stuff with your kit.

cheers

Post subject: thanx
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:33 pm 
Fishaholic

thank you very much...MK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:05 pm 
Fishaholic

And never keep your deos, insect repellants, soaps, shampoos or any other smelly stuff with your kit.

Hey Mken .. i hope u dont carry the nailpolish and lipgloss too on your trips mate :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:28 pm 
Fishaholic

hahahahahahaha

I travel light.