->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 am 
Fishaholic

I hope you guys are not fedup of this but here is another one for anyone wanting to claim a record with the IGFA:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:52 am 

Hi Bobby,
aghassportfishing.com
Met up with Aziz Agha while on a conference in karachi last Dec-I brought back a spinning reel from him...
He was/is regional IGF rep for this side of the world.Did invite him to visit us here and also IA.
FYI
Best
Axx
PS_ Hope you had a great time on the b'day? whats the new fishing stuff? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:15 am 
Fishaholic

eljefe wrote:
whats the new fishing stuff? ;)

??

Did not get any fishing gear mate..will pick some up in Dubai when I go there..Thanks for the birthday wishes.

FYI there is a guy in Bombay who is the IGFA rep for India, don't think he does anything really :lol:

It is not difficult to become an IGFA rep for your part of the world, I would have applied but I dont live in India so I thought it would be unfair. It would be nice if one of the Members writes to the IGFA and find out.

I think you need to be an IGFA member to be a rep. but am not 100% sure. If any one qualified is interested they can check, I am a Life Member with the IGFA.

However, you need to bear in mind that the IGFA is just a body with their own rules and regs on how things should be done to qualify for "their records", there are other bodies too. The IGFA is the largest and most recognised. They have a good network.

It is not hard for a group of conserned individuals set their own rules and standards about how fishing can be done for members to qualify for their record books. We could have the IA records if you want but then there must be rules and qulaified scales in place to record catches. There are regulations on IGFA scales they must be certified etc etc, you can read the rules on the IGFA website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Bobster ... Happy belated Bday ... took the Honda ST 1300 for a bkie ride over the weekend .. went south on the Mumbai Goa Highway till Chiplun and then stayed the night under the stars ... great trip but no fishing .. Tried calling you a couple of times on Saturday evening but the line would nt go through .. Im all for The IA records ... Bops you on for this one ?!!!!! ..... we can have them start now ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Guys, I applied to become the IGFA rep six months ago. The application was proposed by another IGFA representative and I was informed that I was in the queue :lol:

Let's see what happens.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Fred,

Sounds like you had a good time, thanks for the Birthday Wishes mate and you trying to call, the number is +852 97566810

Looks like you had a nice ride mate.

Bops, I am surprised you are on the waiting list they are always looking for new members, just go through the website. It is almost instantaneous. I have been a member for the last 10 years or so. If you need a recommendation or a letter or something that will help please let me know.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Bobby

I am on the IGFA rep waiting list not on the member waiting list. I've been a member for a long time now :D

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 am 
Fishaholic

Sorry mate I misread, yes Rep may take some time. Need any help from my quarter to second it or anything?