[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Hook baits for this season - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear All,

As angling season is approaching (actually some where already started) I am summarizing hook baits to use in this season. Some of these baits I already have used with some success and some of them yet to be tested. List of my preferred hook baits are below:

(1) Roast 100gm chick pia flour with three or four tea spoon ghee, a pinch of cardamom powder and akanki /akangi powder in low flame. When chick pia flour starts releasing a sweet smell, turn off the flame. When it cools down, add 50gm rice flour, 10gm milk powder and 50gm very fine bread crumbs one by one. Every time mix until uniform color of the mixture is obtained. Finally add 8-10 drops honey, hadia (just for smell) and coconut milk to get require consistency.
(2) Soak bitten rice with water and little bit of whisky or local liquor. Don't add too much water, just sufficient to soak the bitten rice properly. Make a fine paste of it, add little bit of ground bait (bene masla) and bread crumbs (as same quantity of bitten rice) to get the final dough. If the bait becomes little hard add sugar syrup or honey. Gritted coconut roasted with sugar or coconut naru can be added for extra kick.
(3) Mix 100gm bread crumbs, dash of rum and 2 nos. tinned Sardine fish. Make good dough with the liquid/oil of tinned sardine.
(4) Soak 25gm mustard oil cake in water for two days. Place the soaked cake on a thin piece of cloth and squeeze out water. Mix this cake residue with 100gm bread crumbs, 25gm boiled scented rice and fresh milk cream.
(5) Mix 50-50 mixture of wheat flour and maida with bread crumbs in 1:1 ratio. Add a pinch of hing with it. Finally add water.
(6) Mix butter, garlic pest (2 cloves) and a pinch of cinnamon powder with 100gm bread crumbs. Finally add vanilla essence or whisky diluted in water to get the required consistency of the bait.
(7) Mix fine dry cake crumbs with bread crumbs (ratio 1:3), vanilla essence and honey.
(8) Hair rig using two sweet corn (from tin, liquids can be used in ground bait or cake bait above). If sweet corn does not work, use vanilla or strawberry essence.
(9) Mix bread crumbs with egg yolk and little bit of rotten rice.
(10) Mix bread crumbs with jack fruit juice or banana.

Comments from experienced angler's of this forum will be highly appreciated to make them perfect. Members using other hook baits can also add their baits which will be very helpful.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 pm 

Sir what I use most of the time n got some 15 - 20 lb grass carp is below.

Bread crumb 1/2 lb
2 day soaked grinned hemp seed 20 - 30 gm
sweet corn 2 day soaked / boiled and grinned 20-30 gm
akangi 2 pinch
bakor tel ( with garlic and green cardamom) 10 ml / ghee
10 - 15 gm protein supplement
sugar syrup
alcohol a little ( optional)
salt a pinch

Sir Please review and correct if anything seems wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:24 am 
Fishaholic

Tanay,

You are too much lucky to get Grass Carp of that size. Usually grass Carps of 5Kg+ size don't take hook baits. Only green moss or algae has some success over grass carps. Presence of seeds in your bait may be the main key. Adding akangi, bakor tel/ghee and alcohol is smart one, it will make your bait acceptable to other carps too. As you got success with this bait stick with it. But also keep some other baits with you cause no body knows on particular day which bait will click. Bread crumbs simply mixed with ghee/cheese/vanilla sometime makes miracle.

All the best for your next trips.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:39 pm 

Sir this time I'll use the same paste bait or some modification with that in one set up and another with boilie or pop up with hair rig nailer hook. Thats why I was asking you for information and ideas about those set up :)

Thank you..
Tanay.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:49 pm 

guys since i have already started the season today with small rohu (only a pound or so)...n felt much happier in releasing it...
Normally i use bread with red ant eggs n sometimes with lall bakor..n it has worked wonders for me...
I just try keeping it as simple as possible n has landed a fair amount of fish with this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:37 pm 
Fishaholic

@ New Fish,
Bread paste mixed with fresh red ant eggs is still a deadly weapon used by almost every bong angler. Surely you will caught plenty of fish on it. But as a bong angler we also have the tendency of trying more complex baits.

@ Tanay,
While using boilies, don't depend on single attractant. Always keep several attractants with you.
While using hair rig with seeds, stick some ground bait with the sinker.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:14 pm 

@ arefin,
Sir, should I add attractants in boilie mix or i should keep those boilies in those attractants or dip them before casting??

What are the attractants ... garlic.. vanilla flavor .. cardamom powder .. hing... est .. alcohol .. anise any thing else? any combination idea.. ???

"While using hair rig with seeds"
which seed to be used in hair rig??? I have no idea :( . please guide sir .. I know only sweet corn use on rig.. no idea on hemp, til seed , how to use that on rig???

one more doubt sir... may i use hen egg with bread? will that work too like fire ant egg?

Regards,
Tanay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:24 am 
Fishaholic

Tanay,

To get success on boilies and seeds in our water bodies needs long time campaign. As fishes are not used to with these baits, it may take time. As I had no opportunity for such long time campaign, I have no success on boilies but while using sweet corn I have detected some bites. Now on every fishing trip I am introducing them in hope some day they will bring me some fish.

In case of boilies while cooking maximum portion of attractant are lost. So you need to add them again before casting. Make your boilies with high nutrition value adding egg, dry milk powder etc. You can also add food color (red or yellow). For boilies I have heard liquid base attractants works well. You can use honey+rum or ghee+honey mixture on them before casting.

Along with sweet corn, peanut and chickpeas are also used as bait on hair rig but i have no experience using them. If you want to use hemp seed or til seed on hair rig, make a hair rig attaching a small portion of spring and cover the spring with dough bait containing these seeds.

Hen egg will not work as fire ant egg. I sometimes add boiled hen egg yolk to my bread paste targeting mrigals and common carps.

With Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:23 pm 

@ Arefin,
Sir, With sweet corn I detected bite too.. but no catch yet.
I'll soak boilies in attractants for 3-4 hours. If I make big size boilie in oval shape and cut that all from the middle and soak them will that hold more attractants???
Boiled egg yolk idea is great... I never thought of that.

May I add garlic or hing or anise in boilies before cooking? will that hold the flavor ? any guidance for microwave recipes? I observed, if I cook boilies dry in microwave.. that pops up :).

Regards,
Tanay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Tanay,

Don't use garlic and hing in boilies, they can kill the whole bait. According to my information boilies works well for Rohus. So, use your favorite attractant for rohu in boilies. While fishing give your boilies coating of other attractants to see what works best. Next time use it while making boilies.

After cooking I also place boilies in microwave for quick drying. But if kept for some more time they tend to crack.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:21 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:05 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:05 pm 

Sir dipesh,

Hadia is kind of local rice wine.... U can find it from tribal area.

Arefin sir,
I'm going home next week ... N my 2week fishing season gonna start. Little excited n lots of new ideas in mind :) .. I Brought a handfull of cod liver oil tablets ... Can I use that as attractor? Will that work on carp or any other species? Made bakor oil .. With bakor guli .. Coconut oil.. Garlic n cardamom... How that will b? Sounf 1kg+ white til 500gm + nutmeg 10gm+ jayitri 10 gm + cardamom 50gm + akangi 200 gm grounded together from shop. Will that work if added with ground bait... NY more thing should add??

With regards,
Tanay

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:27 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Tanay,

At first pls don't add "Sir" with me. I am only shearing my little experience of angling and opinion here.

Cod liver oil usually works on cat fish and other predatory fishes while using lures. It may work on carps too but not tried yet. I am not clear about bakhor oil but same way i have prepared spice oil and it works. Your grounded materials added to GB will work. By the way what is the main ingredient of your GB (khol or any different thing). If you are targeting any water body where angling pressure is high and GB of different kinds are applied before, you may need to add other herbs/spices to get more response.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Dipesh Debnath,

Search IA member Tutan's posts and you will find the full process of making Hadia. By the way older posts from different members are the real Gold of this forum. If you have time go through them and you will be surprised to see that they have explained so many things of Angling so nicely.

Regards,
Arefin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 pm 

Dear Arefin: I would like to pay honor to You as I'm learning from You, and I think I'm a student in this AI forum. Anyway if u r not comfortable with Sir... Its alright.

I never fish with lure... but I assume using a top water lure to catch snake head may be a good idea. If you can guide me on this .. that will be very help full. Which type of lure I should purchase for snake head and what for cat fish. lots of type are in market. so confused.. and ya.. this season after a completely disappointing trip.. I visited the hoogly river. local angler suggested me to use bait red in color for river cat fish like "Aar" and "Boyal" and cockroach is great... but no cockroach available in my home :( searched a lot.. any lure for this fish????

Will be waiting for your valuable information.

Regards,
Tanay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:43 pm 

@ Arefin:

I use rice husk as a main ingredient in ground bait.. I use simple formula.... that should be sweet... should have enough oil to release slowly for long time, and should make that place cloudy after break down.. and should have small particle of food to keep the small fish busy. addictive ... I'm still learning .. what should be .. generally use green cardamom... bakor oil... ekangi... some time if avail able use hemp seed 3 day soaked... and hadiya in very small quantity in regular interval.

Regards,
Tanay