->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:48 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 pm 

Seems may few angles are interested in chital fishing, hence only handful threads. Chital is carnivorous by birth and basically a fresh water fish and need constant running water. they are most active at night but that doesnt restrict them from feeding day time - this is all i know about them :-)

Few days back i went to a lake [quite big, clear water(visibility about 1.5 - 2m) and deep] to fish rohu and miraculously cough 3 rohus in 30mins each measures from 900gm to 1.5kg. Locals told me there are good size chitals and seems very illusive coz only few luckly person caught them, some due to poor quality fishing lines. Locals use bread as a bait (ground bait) mainly and also live worms.

So my concern is what bait is more effective for them? should i go for fishing lure?

I was searching on net and found that Yo-Zuri SASHIMI JOINTED FW(SP) hard lure is a good contender - it imitate locomotives of a live fish swimming around.

Can anyone share some knowledge about it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:39 pm 
Enlightened

sir ,

I have caught few chitals what i used for live bait is prawn,moderate size living prawn.float has to be used,max 1.5mtr-2mts depth has to be given.

If the water is shallow opt for dry crushed prawn mixed with atta ,water & little ghee.its a very good ground bait for chital.Best used if kept for one day in mixed form before fishing.Use only two hook nt round hook.

Line should not be a factor unless threre are stone or cutting edges.I caught a 9kg with 12lb line. If you dont have confidence on your line use a (Zota), of 3mts-4mts at the tip.

Eager to know the result.

Happy fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:01 pm 
Enlightened

I have caught good size featherbacks on hornet larvae and prawns..humped featherbacks
or chitals might take that too. I have heard people hooking chitals with red chilies as bait,here in assam..so, u can try red coloured lures or spoons

All the best..