[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Ali's feeder Rig - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:53 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

Post subject: Ali's feeder Rig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys i have been order by the master himself to post this asap as some of you guys want to know what is the Ali's "bom ka gola " as some people call it in Powai here are the detail pics and I have also tried to explain the method .

By

close up of the feeder it is as you can see a simple device of coiled wire around a hard plastic tube . You can use a metal tube also. There is a rubber tube(basically the cycle tube air washer cut as per requirement) fitted at one end tied and glue(the regular feviquick) pasted for strength.

By

close of the pair of two types of hook one as you can see is hair rig and one simply snailed hook

By

you take your main line and pass it from the rig as shown and tie it to a swivel on the other end you tie your two hook set up

By

you then pull the main line hard so that the swivel gets into the rubber tube firmly as shown in the pics below

By

this is done to create a kind of pull and release effect. If a big fish gets hook the rubber tube helps to hook the fish firmly and also release the line after a certain point (very effective ) and also allows to let line be free of any snagging

pulled out shots of the rig to give you guys another prospective

By

By

cheers I hope this explain the famous feeder rig. Please asks as many question as you guys want on this thread
wishing you guys a happy carp hunting tight lines

[smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:55 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:41 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:27 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:45 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Ali.
I realise of course that local conditions call for modifications. I was just getting a bit of cross pollination of ideas going.
One trick that I used to employ when match fishing for bleak (tiny surface feeding fish that can make up a decent weight in large numbers) was to use a home made float they was very light but had huge water resistance (it was basically a stick with a disc of thin plastic on it) and the fish would hook themselves against this resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 pm 
Fishaholic

The Zen master is at work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm 
Fishaholic

rajat da
im specifically using 5-6lb line for breams
and im using smaller hooks for the same....

im not an expert but what little experience i have got im sure i wont burn the drag....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:59 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:49 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks for sharing Rajat dada and Ali bhai... which metal the coiled wire is used?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:24 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

mate the rig it self sits on the ground as it meant to be but the hook with hair rig floats (it has a small piece of cork as you can see in the pics) so when big carp like Catla sucks on the cloud made by the bait particle it gets into its mouth . As ali says now the second hook which used to be on the ground is a big No at least we have stopped using it. There is a floating rig too which Ali has described in his post " surprise catch of Powai" i think please have look at it too for better understanding
tight lines
:D [smilie=coolup.gif]

Arish the spiral is of Aluminum wire which can easily be bend but strong enough to hols the weight of the bait :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Basharath and Arish,

Meet me sometime n i will show you the ali bhai;s rig.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 pm 

can anyone please explain to me the exact purpose of the feeder rig because it is a new concept to me.Does the feeder rig eliminate the concept of the traditional bait on the hook or just aids in attracting fish which is similar to ground baiting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:37 pm 
Fishaholic

U answered your question Ostro ..... :)P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm 
Fishaholic

hi alibhai, i was wondering if this rig would work in a canal where the water is flowing. i am thinking of shifting to carp fishing for a change. during the monsoons huge rcc's migrate upstream and gather in a particular part of the canal where there is a header. now the problem is that the water is swift and previous attempts have failed as the baited hook is swept to the bank downstream. there are other parts of the canal which are calmer but the bottom is weedy. the hook gets stuck in the weeds often. i have caught rohus and mrigals from it but that was few years back when the bottom was not so weedy. would like to know your thoughts on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 am 
Fishaholic

Live and artificial baits such as worm may works good in canal, during my first fishing trip I had seen senior anglers using live worms in canal. I tried using konda goli on single hook in canal but it too confusing as it is pulling the line as if a fish is hooked. In every 5mins the goli is gone from the hook and it still pulling the line with same force. I tried rolling back the hook every 5-10 mins and this process i caught my first catch and it is none other than a crab, some of the anglers noticed me rolling back the line with crab laughing at me and i smiled at them :P

Wondering what will it look like if the feeder rig is used in canal.

May be you can try paternooster rig without a sinker.

Regards
Arish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:46 pm 
Fishaholic

bro its not the tube it is aluminum wire i think copper would be too soft. Take an empty ball pen refill and then wrap aluminum wire around a round surface to make the spring kinda thing then putting the refill inside that spring wrap both the loose end of the spring around the refill and fix it up with any kind of glue at one end fix a thin rubber tube(cycle tire washer tube will do perfectly) this is to get your hook swivel in so that it acts like a spring . Once the fish get hooked it helps setting the hook as well as let the main line run free. see the picture carefully i think you would get the idea as to how to make it. cheers [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm 
Fishaholic

ok rajatda, feeder rig is ready. :D now what do i put on it that will disperse in 30 minutes? :-) should the bait on the hook and the feeder be the same ?

regards,

aamir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:04 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

bro the bait is added to the spring of the rig and set tight the hooks remain exposed and floating the idea is when the carp suck the bait from the feeder they get hooked in mouth by the floating pop up hooks take care and tight lines [smilie=coolup.gif]
Ps this is for both floating as well as ground feeder

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:17 pm 

If i use cork sheet instead of cork will it be same?what is the minimum wait of feeder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 am 
Fishaholic

Here is couple of Pics of the new rig

Uploaded with

I have used a packet to show what would be the position of the pop up on the ground once it is balanced properly with the split shot/shots in this case i was lucky to get a proper balance with just a single shot i had to decrease it's(shot's) weight by scraping it a bit with a hook sharpener file to get the exact balance with the pop up .The idea is that it should just make the pop up hook almost weightless so it can get sucked into the fish's mouth

Uploaded with

I hope this help :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:30 pm 

Hi rajat bhai,

Thank you for the nice description and i have read from top to bottom and seen many changes in the rig till this date.. i think you got lot more success with this rig, i think we can target carp rohu and catla with rig or any thing else we can target ???

I have a question regarding the final picture you provided here above, after the swivel from the line from hook there is the feeder, so the feeder will be sliding ? or fixed...? how this should be done or connected to main line...

And which is best rig to use

this one:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/alisir.jpg/

or the new one :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/img9129i.jpg/

Please explain...

Thanks
Jayadevan
Kerala.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 am 
Fishaholic

Nice Rig, now it more simple to make this one than the coiled one. Thanks again for sharing the pic.

I would like to narrate what actually happened with the coiled type rig. Once me and Basharath were fishing together and we ran out of sinkers. Then we looked at the tackle box and found coiled type feeder rig which he made by observing the above tips, it was all messed up because of inexperience. Then I told him let use that metal coil of feeder rig as sinker :D and we were glad we got a nice little mahseer.

We got something to learn and Im still working on it.

Thanks again for sharing the tips for feeder rig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

can i just say how wonderful it has been reading this thread developing
if you are fishing in a river then you need more weight to hold the feeder on the river bed... but in a pond or tank... only a slight amount of weight is required... and in either case you can use a pop-up or not.... mostly we would have two pieces of corn [which can be dyed red as a change bait] the corn would then be buried in the ground-bait in the feeder and as the fish attack the feeder competing for the food they grab the corn then hook themselves against the weight of the feeder ... tight lines