->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:01 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi All...

I was just going through some lures on ebay. There are a lot of chinese lures available at a cheap price. No doubt the top brands in the market are worth everry penny, but me being an amateur, don't want to loose those costly lures.

So I was wondering on ordering some of these poppers and other lures from eBay, before buying some branded lures. Will they work, or is it just to attract the buyers?

Please advice.

Regards,
Humaid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Dont bother about that junk especially if you cannot feel and see a thing and is made in China... keep miles away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 pm 
Fishaholic

humaid wrote:
Hi All... but me being an amateur, don't want to loose those costly lures.

You answered your question mate! I would pick them up for the time being! being a beginner myself I lost quite a few shads to freshwater snags! it was a small hole in the pocket at the time!.... Rest is for you to decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:05 am 
Fishaholic

Some of the finest quality fishing tackle on the planet is made in China at prices that simply wouldn't be possible elsewhere.
Equally, some of the most unusable tat to be found anywhere is made there too.
The simple truth is that whist there are sone astonishing bargains to be found on e-bay with sellers of Chinese made tackle (head torches and braid spring to mind if you use the right sellers), there are also undoubtedly some proper perveyers of junk.
If you can find a reputable seller with a good track record or better yet, a personal recomendation from someone you trust, give them a go and you may just bag a bargain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:36 am 
Fishaholic

If your Chinese lures dont work properly, remove the hooks and replace the split rings with very light breaking strength and present it to your wife. She will be glad to use it as fashion jewellery . Though i have not tried it myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:27 pm 
Fishaholic

apoo wrote:
If your Chinese lures dont work properly, remove the hooks and replace the split rings with very light breaking strength and present it to your wife. She will be glad to use it as fashion jewellery . Though i have not tried it myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Ken is right. Some of the best Japanese lures are made in china and Thailand. If you can locate these suppliers, the lures can be had at almost half the price .

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Van-stall, Shimano, Daiwa you name it all have manufacturing base in China.

Depends from whom you buy. Bought 2 penn reels from Tackledirect recently. Both Made in China.

On Fleabay the sellers reputation is most important.

Regards

Kashaif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 pm 
Fishaholic

I trust, what you mean when you say Chinese Lures, is lures made and sold under a Chinese Brand. 70% of these lures for some reason do not work as well as they should. The balance is somehow not right and you have to pay a lot of attention to work them, positioning your rod tip is very important. I guess that there is no quality control procedures or tests in the manufacturing process of these lures, and so the difference I presume, when you buy a Chinese manufactured lure that is of a reputed brand.

The Lip breaks off.
The lure can split in half vertically.
The quality of the split rings and hooks in most of them are very shoddy.
The colour peels of very fast on a lot of them.
A lot of them tend to surface on retrieve.

I will give you a good example, I was fishing with a Red-White Lure that was an identical copy of an Alle Magnet, to the naked eye there the lure was almost perfect upto the action in the water as well and I could see no difference. However I was not getting hit, the moment I switched to a genuine Alle Magnet, I caught 4 fish within the span of 20 minutes and then lost the lure to the 5th fish. Switched to another RedWite copy, caught nothing, switched back to an original caught some more. It was all in the same area.

A same lure (alle copy) gold colour that day caught fish though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:50 am 
Fishaholic

apoo wrote:
She will be glad to use it as fashion jewellery . Though i have not tried it myself.

I trust you Apoo.. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi...

Just to conclude this topic, I have been using cheap Chinese lures for some time and can say that they are good beginner lures. I lost a few to the snags, but didn't mind as they were cheap. I learnt a lot about casting and retrieving with these lures. below are my observations.

1. Minnow Type Lures: I found these to be the best among the lot. The swimming action is decent and they cast well. The build quality is directly proportional to the amount you pay. The split rings and hooks might fail with bigger catches, but I managed to land 1-1.5Kg MJs without any failure. I found the Red Head to be the best color. Saw some GT chasing this lure but it didn't strike

2. Jointed Minnow Type Lures: Their action looks good in water and they swim well. But the problem here is in the casting. The hooks get entangled with the line most of the time, thus wasting your cast. So these lures were left in the box most of the time.

3. Fat Crank Baits: These work fine. Only problem was when you reel them in fast, they tend to surface or spin. They worked well on slow retrieve and have caught a fish.

I have written the above based only on my personal experience. Results may vary with different lures/manufactures/etc.