->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:03 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Sebile lures
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Has anyone used Sebile lures ? These have recently come on the market and seem to be receiving favourable reviews in most fishing circles.

However, I am interested to know if anyone from our forum has any experience on these lures?

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

bops did not rate them highly. i would now stick to halcos only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Sebile lures have excellent action but the split rings and hooks will need changing for strong fish. Halcos and some rapalas tend to have better hardware.

IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 am 
Fishaholic

Agree completely... I have used the Flatt Shad to catch pink snapper and it is very effective with a gentler vibrating action compared to metal blade (vibrating) lures.

I understand all hooks (split rings??) on Sebile lures are Owners.However the Flatt Shads, Magic Swimmers, Koolie Minnows, Bonga Jerks all seem to have thin Owner hooks on them, which may not stand up to, say, mahseer
or barramundi.

Did these hooks not get beefed up when they produced the Sebile poppers for GTs ?

Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm 
Fishaholic

We have been using sebile lures since the last two years. Have used them on both salt water and fresh. Like you guys said , needs hook change for masheer. But not have been a problem with king mackerel , queenfish and mangrove jacks. However its not my first to go lure though my son might disagree.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm 
Fishaholic

King,

I am not aware of a sebile popper. They do have the new stick baits, which are mostly mega versions of the sebile magic swimmers and minnows.These are very popular with the Nomad boys from your part of the woods. The nomad guys use these more for other reef critters, when they get tired from tossing huge poppers and sticks for GT.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:46 am 
Fishaholic

Jeen,

Thank you for your input - Sebile do make poppers (at least they have them in Australia).

These poppers are named SPLASHERS by them and come in various weights.
You will be able to obtain more information about them if you Google Sebile lures.

I have just started using these lures (they are horribly expensive here compared to Halco)and am quite happy with their performance - most of the fish I will target are the species you have
mentioned.

By the way, which is your "first to go" lure ?

Kind regards,
Kingfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:21 am 
Fishaholic

King,

Thanks for the info on the splasher.Interesting. My first to go ... If the fish are busting bait , then its mostly a walk the dog type lip-less plug 10 to 15cm.For masheer mostly spinners.
For Mjs and Barra mostly rapalla X rap or bomber lures that dive between one to 2 meters..

Having said all that, every season we end up buying so many lures and carry them around without even opening the packing and thus not able to judge its performance :-)

cheers,

Jeen