->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:53 pm 
Enlightened

Last weekend i was spinning at the bhandardara dam near nashik, hoping for some murrels and possibly mahaseer... but didnt have any luck...

thought it would be a good idea to seek some advice before my trip next weekend ... which could very well be the last of it in india ... for next couple of years ... so really want to make the best of it...!

the weather last weekend was quite rough with heavy rains and some serious wind... the location - right next to the dam...
the end tackle was - blue- frog size 3 gold spinners and powerbait scented silver chad...

should i try using any other baits?... cannot manage to get spoons though...! also, is it a good idea to fish closer to the dam - on the rockier part of the shore?

please help...

alibhai - santosh - rajatda - i suppose you guy's have visited the place quite a few times...? any word o' advice..?

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Spoons, silver or gold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:23 pm 
Fishaholic

There are no Murrels in Bhandardhara. The best bet is a Mully or occasional mahseer. (In case you are spinning).

As Bops already described, spoon will work best.

I have posted some detail about Bhandardhara, including spot etc in the thread Fishing competition (Fresh water ) and you can take your hint from there.

There are some serious carps (Including Golden Carps) and you can target them by using bolt rig.

Regards,

Ali. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am 
Fishaholic

From what we have experienced so far, the most widely used is copper (small & heavy) spoons in kidney & tear drop shapes. Lot of local anglers swear by them and will not touch anything else.

However, I got my first mahaseer on a small Toby, Ali also had some nice fish on mepps size 4 spinner in gold colour.

Now in monsoon, I suggest you try fishing with earth worms. You’ll have good fun with smaller mahaseer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:24 pm 
Enlightened

thanks for your replies everyone...

will visit masjid tommorow for some spoons & the weight for ali bhai's suggested bolt rig...

have a spare rod ...so i'lll use one for the carp 'bolt rig' -
with some fermented rice flakes for ground bait... i've seen santosh doing the same at powai...

shall use the other one for spinning...

thanks again ...to all

P.S. got the competition spots alibhai...!

cheers. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 pm 
Fishaholic

If you got a clue of the ground bait, ferment it for least 4 - 5 days ...you GB in the evening and cast your bait early morning. Use bread and worms as hook bait on two rods. Don't spin.

Santosh

Last edited by santosh on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 pm 
Fishaholic

The 2 cove between 2nd & 3rd.. and 3rd & 4th fishing spots (from the top). Good luck.