->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:07 pm 
I remember, at Powai, we used bakery grease mixed with mud for ground baiting. Have there been improvements in ground baiting? The last I hear someone was using chocolate. Is it true? The target is the carps, rohu, catla, etc.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 am 

whts bakery grease and whr do you get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm 
Fishaholic

rhino2590 wrote:
whts bakery grease and whr do you get it?

From the bakery, I'm guessing :lol: :lol: . Appreciate if you can introduce yourself in the introduction section.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:44 pm 
Fishaholic

bobtheangler wrote:
I remember, at Powai, we used bakery grease mixed with mud for ground baiting. Have there been improvements in ground baiting? The last I hear someone was using chocolate. Is it true? The target is the carps, rohu, catla, etc.?

If you check Ali's Machan ...you will know how much ground baiting has advanced ...both in ingredients , techniques and not to forget smell ....the last one needs a hand sanitiser after use .... thats how much its advanced further LOL :P :P :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm 
Wow Fred, hand sanitizer: Would love to hear more about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Bob,

There is a basic deference in ground baiting techniques of Powai and other conventional methods. The ultimate catch being Catla, porridge form of GB is preferred over Particle baiting. The mixture of cake and mud was a way to create a cloud of very fine oily particles on the bottom with a high smelling factor and no nutrition value.

Now there are some changed prospective and use of high nutrition value of ground bait is giving some good results.

Liquidized bread, particles like corn and nuts, beaten or cooked rice, oil cakes combined with some sweetener is the mantra now.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 pm 

Hello Bob

Here in Bangladesh we used to use cooked rice with roasted oil cake powder, some sweetener and fishing masala powder basically. There are lots of new improved technique of ground baiting practice here which are really worked!!!

Recently I developed a new formula which will be tested on my next fishing trip! Let see what happen!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:12 pm 
[quote="rhino2590"]whts bakery grease and whr do you get it?[/quote]

It comes off the baking trays - particularly the biscuits. Nice black oozy and smells wonderful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:13 pm 
[quote="Bobby"][quote="rhino2590"]whts bakery grease and whr do you get it?[/quote]

From the bakery, I'm guessing :lol: :lol: . Appreciate if you can introduce yourself in the introduction section.[/quote]

Been there - done that, buddy!

Post subject: ground bait
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:43 pm 
Enlightened

hi bob,
using bekry weast is useful because vanila essence is attract rohu and katla and it is time tested but it is not that much of effective.see my blog hope you will discover some new way of thinking.

best of luck

tutan