->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Rohu Bait
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 am 

Hi! guys i am desperately trying to get the best way to get that dream rohu but all the baits ive tried seem to ware off its charm too soon. any suggestions?
Have tried bread paste with fire-ants eggs and vanilla essence, raggy, atta, worms, wasp grubs, the most successful was green moss a wide range of fish seem to like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Robert,

Welcome to the forum. It will be very nice if you can introduce yourself in Introduction section and then starting asking about bait etc.

I think, this topic has been covered somewhere and I will try finding the link for you.

Just for a tip, use roasted gram powder (Chana) with sugar and elaichy. Add some oil with the final mix. You can use this mix with bread paste.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:39 pm 

guys, can any one suggest me what is the best bait for 'catla'.
i hav already tried a lot recipe.some of them work depends on time.
pls help me out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm 
Fishaholic

tasdidsiddique wrote:
guys, can any one suggest me what is the best bait for 'catla'.
i hav already tried a lot recipe.some of them work depends on time.
pls help me out.

Siddique,
Try the search function and it should better assist you in your hunt for bait.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject: Re: Rohu Bait
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Robert_Bosen wrote:
Hi! guys i am desperately trying to get the best way to get that dream rohu but all the baits ive tried seem to ware off its charm too soon. any suggestions?
Have tried bread paste with fire-ants eggs and vanilla essence, raggy, atta, worms, wasp grubs, the most successful was green moss a wide range of fish seem to like it.

Are you related to Owen :) ????

Welcome aboard, but hope u have introduced??

tight lines - DeZZ

Post subject: Re: Rohu Bait
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:35 am 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Robert_Bosen wrote:

Are you related to Owen :) ????

Welcome aboard, but hope u have introduced??

tight lines - DeZZ

Robert is younger brother of Owen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:18 am 
Fishaholic

Hello robbie,

Good to see you here mate

Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Robbie,

Welcome to the forum mate... Long time. Where have you been hiding ? Have you tried bandel cheese, mate ? Its working great guns here..

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:35 pm 
Fishaholic

We will discuss the bait later, first lets go through the rig you are using. As for as I know, you must be using bolt rig for targeting the Rohu. (I have fished with some anglers from your part of wood and the way they where fishing was bolt rig so I am assuming that you must be using the same rig.)

I think, the bait is not the only area of concern, while targeting a particular fish, hook, line, setup, method and presentation all play a very important role.

Rohu feeds by sieving the water through its gills and the best way to target them is by presenting the bait on or just below the surface. Before going for fancy baits, I would prefer using a piece of bread or some local weed (Including Alga) to target it.

If the fishing pressure is not very high, I am sure you will be able to catch this fish very easily by adopting the above suggestions.

You can also target this fish by stalking the fringe and using a zero balance setup in early morning or dusk time.

Any bengali friend will vouch for ant eggs but I am not sure about that. Any bait, which is creating a cloud of particles around it, can be used. If you have added any sweetener in your bait, the same can be used for Catla also.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject: Thanks for the info.
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm 

Basically i love fishing light float fishing with 6lb to 9lb line. find it more of a challenge. i have experienced that the less visible the line is the better your chances of hitting the big ones.

Since we don't have any problem with weeds so i am able to play the fish much easily.

What do you mean, when you say sweeteners, coz ive used honey, patali good, banana, sugar etc. though ive had results but nothing that lasts for very long.

Bread with ants eggs go here only in one lake that we have but in the others and the river the fish dont even come close to smell it.

The angling club here has banned moss fishing what we cal 'seval'. they seem to say it encourages the weeds to grow in the lake. dumb idiots little do they realize that this moss is the actual diet of all the fish in the lake.

any way thanks for the info.
bye

Post subject: Hi Gavin,
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 pm 

nice to hear from u, the season will be opening here soon so trying to get in some info which i might be able to use.

bye for now.

robby.