->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: how to use these lures
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 am 
Enlightened

dear all, i am new to fishing and i have recently buyed some equipments,but i m not understanding how to use them.
it has got some 5 to 6 hooks attached to it.

By basharath at 2011-03-12

2)and this,how to insert the hook into it,and is this for only one time use.i think this one is used for trolling.

3) and these ,how to attach them to hooks.

4) And this,i think one is float,and the other is weight...is this weight used for removing the stucked hooks or to be attached to the line.

these things might be very basic to the experts but it is new to me,as this is the first time i will be using these artificial baits.expecting a good explanation from the experts.

thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:17 pm 
Fishaholic

3rd photo (second snap) are curly tail plastics and for using these you need
appropriate jigheads - where did you get these items from? they should have guided you on usage.

Yes, it is a float. If you push the thing in the top you will see a small hook shape come out of the bottom - put your line in it and then push half of the top again and you will see another hook shaped item come out -put your
line through that also.

Now you can attach a hook to the end of your line and move the float up or down on your line to set the depth of your baited hook. It is very easy
and despite the fact that this float is cheap as chips, it is surprisingly effective.

The weight is used to get your baited hook to the bottom of the water
column.

The simple way is to put the line through the two holes you will find in the weight, tie your hook to the end of the line, bait it and cast out (you will get a good distance with the cast) and hopefully catch a fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:46 pm 
Enlightened

thanks a lot dear for making me understand the float,but can u tell me abt the 1st and 2nd pic,
i did not buyed them personally,else i would have asked the seller abt the usage.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:53 pm 
Fishaholic

The first in picture is a Chinese Rig, used to target Carps. This rig is sort of feeder rig, used with a float with multiple hooks. Actually it is considered foul method in carp fishing, because of no. of hooks.

The second, soft squid can be used for jigging or you can combine it with bait to target MJs with deadly effect.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm 
Fishaholic

he second, soft squid can be used for jigging or you can combine it with bait to target MJs with deadly effect.

@Ali- hi alibhai, a little more explanation regarding this technique would be great...thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:13 pm 
Enlightened

ali bhai but how to attach the soft squid to the hook,similarly for earhworm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 pm 
Fishaholic

http://www.bassresource.com/fish/plasticworms.html

Go through the above link and you will have a fair idea.

For soft squid, attach your hook with a 2" mono with a swill. Pass the main line from the top of squid and tie it with swill. Pull back the swill as it sits on the inside top of squid. Put cut piece of mullet or any other bait fish on the hook. You are ready to catch a MJ. :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 am 
Enlightened

ali bhai can u tel me the best bait and rig for

1) carp and
2)catla

i m thinking to use the chinese rig or the trible hook setup with float.how is it
plz reply..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:30 pm 
Enlightened

tigay i went for fishing,i used hair rig for carp but i got only sone small tilapia.........i used wheat flour mixed with haldi as bait.

most of the time when i get the bite..i missed the fish eventhiug i strike good......

plz reply to my prev post also,,,,,,,,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:03 pm 

angler_ali wrote:
http://www.bassresource.com/fish/plasticworms.html

Go through the above link and you will have a fair idea.

For soft squid, attach your hook with a 2" mono with a swill. Pass the main line from the top of squid and tie it with swill. Pull back the swill as it sits on the inside top of squid. Put cut piece of mullet or any other bait fish on the hook. You are ready to catch a MJ. :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Hi Ali
I am going Lake fishing for the first time . I am more of a sea fishing nut.
What kind of lures will work in the lakes ? Or bait ? an experienced fisherman told me most of the Lake fish in places like Pawvana dam etc are all veg - they will go for atta and the like - but something tells me this is not entirely true ? can you guide me please