->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Daiwa BG13
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:59 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

Need some help here, on the last fishing trip my nephew dropped my Daiwa BG13 reel and the spool cannot be secured, it has a push button mechanism that holds the spool onto the spindle, those who have this reel will know.

What has happened is the leaf springs that holds the spool onto the spindle has misaligned and I do not know what the original alignment is.

If some does have this reel, take photos of this alignment and send it to me please. If you have not opened this reel before and are not mechanically inclined it is best you do not do it as it is tricky.

However any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:33 pm 
Fishaholic

I think Raj has a reel from the Daiwa BG series I don't remember which # exactly

Last edited by lionheart on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

The BG13 is the baby of the BG series. Fingers crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bobby, Happy New Year! Does this help by any chance?

http://www.daiwa.com/PartsDiagram/PartsDiagram/BG13.pdf

There might be a BG13 lying around in Bangalore, I'll try and get you some pics if I can... :roll:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:00 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Akshay, I did look at the same Daiwa site yesterday, that is how I realized that there were 2 leaf springs and they we not aligned correctly. Initially I thought it was one piece and it had broken.

I think, when the reel was dropped (just after landing a very small barra) last week, the spool just popped out and the bend in the springs was distorted. So I do not know exactly how much or how acute the bends should be and exactly how they sit around the spindle. But after much tinkering late yesterday noon I managed to fix the spool in place so that it does not pop out, the reel is now useable but the button does not release the spool. Depressing the button pushes the leaf springs outwards and releases the spool from the spindle.

I should be able to fix it when I have some more time to fart around with it. Yesterday turned out to be a day for fixing things, I found 6 good rods that needed guides replaced and so I just got on to Cableas and ordered spare guides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Glad to hear the baby's fine and fixed :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby, any wbesite which explains in a laymans language on how to replace a damaged guide with a new one? Other than the guides, what else will I require? I have a new Shakespeake Ugly Stik with a broken guide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Ashok,

It is really simple, I use a small fire to melt the old glue especially if it is a tip top a candle will do just fine, and a paper cutter to cut through the binding use the cutter carefully as you do not want to get into the blank. You need some nylon based binding thread and resin. I use Araldite to bind mine, you can only use the resin part of the glue, I mix the two. You stick the guide in the right position and then you just need to lay the thread evenly over the rod and guide. This is a great link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LJoNrSP ... re=related
that shows it correctly. Try www.mudhole.com it is a good DIY site and here are several youtube links that will help.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... =0&spell=1

Bobby