->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Bait Fishing Goa ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:22 pm 

I don`t see much info for bait fishing in Goa, is it not something many Indian anglers do ? I will be visiting in March and will be bringing my shimano beastmaster 14ft rod and maybe an abu 6500 or 7000 multiplier, so quite a chunky set up for any big fish that might be around. I am thinking of fishing a full small calamari squid or full sardine on a running ledger or pulley rig, am I likely to catch anything of any size like maybe small shark or ray ? any advice would be usefull. I will also have my spinning rod and a load of lures to use while I wait for bites on the bait.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:51 pm 
Enlightened

I had tried bait fishing at Bethul which is south of goa near the cavelossim area. Did not get any bites on the particular day, But my cousin and his friends who are locals have caught loads of fish in 3-7 kgs size.

Also u can try the river along the cavelossim area. There is a nice hotel called THE FISHERMAN'S WHARF" by LE MEREDIAN which is along the bank and they also have a barge which goes into the river for around 30mts. So u can fish all day long with beer being served :lol: I had fished in the same place for 3 hrs and missed a big fish as i could not handle the rod :twisted: , it was my first time ever at fishing.

All the best for ur trip and tight lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:27 pm 

BritAngler, Bait fishing is quite common in Goa, be it at the beach or inland waters. There are plenty of spots all along the coast and depends on where you plan on fishing and what fish you are targeting. Factors like tide, terrain, light etc. are the usual items on the fishing checklist before you decide where to cast.

As far as bait is concerned shrimp, sardines, mackerel and squid work the best. The gear you have mentioned should work just fine over here.

Cheers,

Danny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:38 am 
Fishaholic

Nothing wrong with bait fishing both Scott (Worldfisher) and I have hooked unstopable fish on baits in Goa but you will get very tired of catfish and Moray eels.