->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: lures
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 pm 
Fishaholic

guys, r lures good to used in monsoon , and has anybody tried them. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 am 
Fishaholic

I used to catch Ravas& Barra during the monsoons in a creek they work great its just that since fishing from rocks is out of question people tend to use bait in creeks and estuaries.The new rubber lures are great to fish in Mangroves during monsoon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

Lures are normally not good during the Monsson, the only reason because the water is so discoloured that the fish can't see the lure. If you have good clear water there is no reason why lures will not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

find the right place buddy and you will have some good sport. everyone told me to forget it last monsoon but i tried anyway and had a big mj and a lovely barra pretty quickly!

all the best, scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm 
Fishaholic

When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. In rivers I have seen that anything which rattles or splashes about more than normal is always better than the shiny ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm 
Fishaholic

"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote="Ken L"]"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.[/quote
has anybody fished with lures in rains ,,,anybody like ashok your fishing buddy :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18 pm 
Fishaholic

I keep winding up with these (little plastic or rubber minnows with gold dust on them), when my brother sends me stuff. How and where does one use them? The packs almost seem to warn, about how you will stagger away loaded with your daily limit, once they hit the water. So far no go in the lakes and rivulets that i have tried them. Have just cast and slowly retrieved. Must be my ignorance on how to use them, than the product I'm sure. Well some of your gurus please elaborate, the sound of fish snickering at the corners can be deafening at times :P .

Regards,

Dev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:29 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
Ken L wrote:
"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

has anybody fished with lures in rains ,,,anybody like ashok your fishing buddy :lol:

I went out on Bandh day in my "back yard " . Fished with 12 lb line and small rapalla and storm lures in the large ponds that were deep and since they were ponds the water was not very clear but better than the open sea . Colors used were red and white , fire tiger , blue white in storm and black and silver in rapalla . black and silver took most of the fish .with the red and white

Had a ball with 7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .

Groupers were from 1/2 a kg to 3/4 kg . Mangrove was a good one kg and the Bream / Lhasha was a kg . Two groupers and the large Lhasha were taken home .. rest were released

So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Pictures Fred! Pictures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:32 pm 
Fishaholic

No camera or Mobile phone taken bcoz of the rain mate !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Fred! I am in Mumbai tom. Will call you, let's catch up if you are free.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .

Cool...... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 am 
Fishaholic

The thing about those ponds Fred is that the sediment settles as time passes, no matter how dirty the surrounding water is, the water in the pond clears gradually that is when the action starts.

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 am 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
Ken L wrote:

I went out on Bandh day in my "back yard " . Fished with 12 lb line and small rapalla and storm lures in the large ponds that were deep and since they were ponds the water was not very clear but better than the open sea . Colors used were red and white , fire tiger , blue white in storm and black and silver in rapalla . black and silver took most of the fish .with the red and white

Had a ball with 7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .

Groupers were from 1/2 a kg to 3/4 kg . Mangrove was a good one kg and the Bream / Lhasha was a kg . Two groupers and the large Lhasha were taken home .. rest were released

So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where

I second that Fred.

My last trip I fished in the month of June in the hard rain with the tide moving out in the early hours of morning and used red head got my self some good barras . So as you said "So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where." I feel it is like just for-the-day-thing for lures some work better than others for the said day or may be in trial and error an angler need to master the knowledge of which colour, size, depth etc... lure should one use even the location taken on account. But i would say an Angler should always Experiment with lures when in a new location may not know what he might bump in to and if lucky may bump into it often. Untill one tries one may actually not know whether fishing in rains with lures work or not so please try it out once at your fav spot not a thing to loose but gain knowledge.

Last edited by mailme.mario on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 am 
Site Admin

dev wrote:
I keep winding up with these (little plastic or rubber minnows with gold dust on them), when my brother sends me stuff. How and where does one use them? The packs almost seem to warn, about how you will stagger away loaded with your daily limit, once they hit the water. So far no go in the lakes and rivulets that i have tried them. Have just cast and slowly retrieved. Must be my ignorance on how to use them, than the product I'm sure. Well some of your gurus please elaborate, the sound of fish snickering at the corners can be deafening at times :P .

Regards,

Dev

Dev, unless there are fish which take lures readily in that body of water, you are not going to have much luck with rubber lures or any other. Make sure that there are Murral, mahseer or mully in the water by asking locals what they normally catch. I find that the humble earthworm is the best universal bait for freshwater fishing. You will have more fishing fun with the worm than any other bait.

Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:06 am 
Fishaholic

well , i caught 5 keeper murrel on a fast and furious afternoon from one spot when it was raining cats and dogs. the lure used were small spinners size 1 mepps.
the mj i caught last week was also taken when it was raining.