->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: lures
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
guys, r lures good to used in monsoon , and has anybody tried them. :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:58 am
Posts: 307
I used to catch Ravas& Barra during the monsoons in a creek they work great its just that since fishing from rocks is out of question people tend to use bait in creeks and estuaries.The new rubber lures are great to fish in Mangroves during monsoon


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Hong Kong
Lures are normally not good during the Monsson, the only reason because the water is so discoloured that the fish can't see the lure. If you have good clear water there is no reason why lures will not work.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:28 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 378
Location: worldwide
find the right place buddy and you will have some good sport. everyone told me to forget it last monsoon but i tried anyway and had a big mj and a lovely barra pretty quickly!

all the best, scott


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:22 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. In rivers I have seen that anything which rattles or splashes about more than normal is always better than the shiny ones.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Posts: 776
"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:04 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
[quote="Ken L"]"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.[/quote
has anybody fished with lures in rains ,,,anybody like ashok your fishing buddy :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 pm
Posts: 110
I keep winding up with these (little plastic or rubber minnows with gold dust on them), when my brother sends me stuff. How and where does one use them? The packs almost seem to warn, about how you will stagger away loaded with your daily limit, once they hit the water. So far no go in the lakes and rivulets that i have tried them. Have just cast and slowly retrieved. Must be my ignorance on how to use them, than the product I'm sure. Well some of your gurus please elaborate, the sound of fish snickering at the corners can be deafening at times :P .

Regards,

Dev


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:29 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 am
Posts: 1601
Location: Mumbai / India
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
Ken L wrote:
"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.[/quote
has anybody fished with lures in rains ,,,anybody like ashok your fishing buddy :lol:


I went out on Bandh day in my "back yard " . Fished with 12 lb line and small rapalla and storm lures in the large ponds that were deep and since they were ponds the water was not very clear but better than the open sea . Colors used were red and white , fire tiger , blue white in storm and black and silver in rapalla . black and silver took most of the fish .with the red and white

Had a ball with 7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .

Groupers were from 1/2 a kg to 3/4 kg . Mangrove was a good one kg and the Bream / Lhasha was a kg . Two groupers and the large Lhasha were taken home .. rest were released

So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:29 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Pictures Fred! Pictures?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:32 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 am
Posts: 1601
Location: Mumbai / India
No camera or Mobile phone taken bcoz of the rain mate !!!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:26 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.

Fred! I am in Mumbai tom. Will call you, let's catch up if you are free.

cheers


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 217
Location: Mumbai
Fredfish wrote:
7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .


Cool...... :-)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Hong Kong
The thing about those ponds Fred is that the sediment settles as time passes, no matter how dirty the surrounding water is, the water in the pond clears gradually that is when the action starts.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:12 pm
Posts: 390
Location: Mumbai
Fredfish wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
Ken L wrote:
"When the water is coloured use bigger and noisier lures than you would normally. "

and fish them a bit slower than you otherwise might.[/quote
has anybody fished with lures in rains ,,,anybody like ashok your fishing buddy :lol:


I went out on Bandh day in my "back yard " . Fished with 12 lb line and small rapalla and storm lures in the large ponds that were deep and since they were ponds the water was not very clear but better than the open sea . Colors used were red and white , fire tiger , blue white in storm and black and silver in rapalla . black and silver took most of the fish .with the red and white

Had a ball with 7 groupers , 1 mangrove jack , and one medium sized bream or lhasha .

Groupers were from 1/2 a kg to 3/4 kg . Mangrove was a good one kg and the Bream / Lhasha was a kg . Two groupers and the large Lhasha were taken home .. rest were released

So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where



I second that Fred.


My last trip I fished in the month of June in the hard rain with the tide moving out in the early hours of morning and used red head got my self some good barras . So as you said "So you can fish in the rains .. you just need to know where." I feel it is like just for-the-day-thing for lures some work better than others for the said day or may be in trial and error an angler need to master the knowledge of which colour, size, depth etc... lure should one use even the location taken on account. But i would say an Angler should always Experiment with lures when in a new location may not know what he might bump in to and if lucky may bump into it often. Untill one tries one may actually not know whether fishing in rains with lures work or not so please try it out once at your fav spot not a thing to loose but gain knowledge.


Last edited by mailme.mario on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 1936
Location: Bangalore
dev wrote:
I keep winding up with these (little plastic or rubber minnows with gold dust on them), when my brother sends me stuff. How and where does one use them? The packs almost seem to warn, about how you will stagger away loaded with your daily limit, once they hit the water. So far no go in the lakes and rivulets that i have tried them. Have just cast and slowly retrieved. Must be my ignorance on how to use them, than the product I'm sure. Well some of your gurus please elaborate, the sound of fish snickering at the corners can be deafening at times :P .

Regards,

Dev


Dev, unless there are fish which take lures readily in that body of water, you are not going to have much luck with rubber lures or any other. Make sure that there are Murral, mahseer or mully in the water by asking locals what they normally catch. I find that the humble earthworm is the best universal bait for freshwater fishing. You will have more fishing fun with the worm than any other bait.

Bopanna


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:06 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 179
Location: bangalore,delhi , haryana
well , i caught 5 keeper murrel on a fast and furious afternoon from one spot when it was raining cats and dogs. the lure used were small spinners size 1 mepps.
the mj i caught last week was also taken when it was raining.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited