->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:47 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: my new tackle and review
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:26 pm 
Fishaholic

i just got my new tackle set completed today. the rod is a daiwa beefstick 8 ftr rated 12-30 lbs , reel a shimano hyperloop 6000 from our bopps and am currently running storm 19.8lb test from bopps again.
well my first impression was that i had purchased a broom stick and not a beef stick. the rod looks good and has huge guides. well i set the entire rig up and cast a 16 gm roosta popper around 40-50 mts. the farthest i had cast earlier was around 30 mts using a daiwa 8-14 lb graphite rod. a chugger minnow went even further. nice ! the rod is beefy and has a good spine.
the reel is nice .
well the rod and reel match each other and the combo is a bit heavy but the casting distance i get is really good. have not had a single strike so cant say how the rig will hold up to a fight.
now the lures
1) roosta poppers - well this is my first time using these lures and i really like the finish and casting ability. they pop like hell even when quite a way from the angler and i had a mulley try and hit it. a fast retrieve did not allow me to hook up. am going to try the yo zuri poppers but the roosters seem good at their price point.
2) halco nightwalker- good casts, finish but no strikes. shall have to with hold verdict.
3) hydo slider (yo zuri)- flies well when the bail arm closes prematurely.
:?
am hitting the port again on sunday to try out the tackle in the sea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:23 pm 
Fishaholic

50 mtr cast........ not bad at all

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm 
Fishaholic

the roosta popper- great cast and hooks. the finish has not worn well and has been stripped off by the rocks and the fish.i shall have to repaint them before i hit the sea again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 am 

instead of repainting, get reflective tape in red white and blue colurs and make up your own design.It is pretty rock resistant too...