->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,

Went to Naukuchiatal last weekend. Stayed at Lake Resort and ofcourse tried fishing...
1. At night till 8PM
2. In the morning from 630 to 930
3. Afternoon-Evening from 1530 to 8 PM (was scared of the snakes)

The staff was helpful and guided us to the feeding points where they were casting their lines (bottle and line combo).

We were able to catch two carps on the last evening. Pics are with Saurabh; will upload asap.

Now the query...
Locals were following - atta on the hook and the underhand throw as far as possible in the lake. They would let the bait sink and wait for the bottle to make the sound.
When I saw them, I understood that due to depth they are doing it and are letting the bait act as weight to sink the hook to the bottom.
I did the same with one variation...rod instead of bottle. The issue that I faced was when the bites happened, I did not come to know sometimes.
This may be due to my inexperience and cos the fish were well...being fishy.
How do you guys manage this situation - Pls note water is clear, though after some depth ofcourse you cant see all the way down?
Also, is their some way of keeping the float on? For beginners like me...this would be helpful.

Thanks - MM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 am 
Fishaholic

Try and guess the depth of the point of fishing and then use a float without the stopper. To stop the float you first need to pass a beed through the main line then pass the float. Next presuming that you have guesstimate of the dept of the water body, you can release that amount of line and tie a rubber band to the main line. This should act as a stopper giving you the required dept for your bait below the lake.

Cheers - DeZZ