->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 pm 

Hi,
Friends I catch fish near thane creek which extremely muddy water. As I am beginner I dont know which bait is to be used for fishes in that muddy water. I used earth worm , fish lure, fake earth worm but still unable to catch any fishes. some how I am able to catch singare(mystus) from earth worm but lure and fake work are unsuccesful. Please refer me baits for "walking catfish","snake head" ,singara(mystus) bait in muddy black water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Saud,

As kids, I & my cousin from Thana used to go fishing in the creek at Balkumb. Then the water was much less polluted and we have caught some nice catfish there on handline using shrimp as bait. I went there last some 4-5 years back and the water was lot more polluted as companies such as colour-chem (Clariant Chemicals) are said to release the chemical effluent in the creek. Plus lot of garbage is dumped there.

The best way to catch catfish in there is using small shrimp as bait or cut sardines.

I am not aware of any lake or river in the vicinity of thane that has snakehead. Where you plan to go looking for them?

Santosh

Post subject: help!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am 

thanks a lot my friend for your reply. But i am really pleased if any one help me to make any stinking bait because of muddy water all this non stinking bait are no used. Although some time we able to catch catfish from earthworm. I used earth worm, lure, fake worm and even chicken liver-garlic bait but still no success. I will surely used your suggested bait but i am very much pleased if you give me any tips to create stinking bait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin!
Stinking bait. That's your area of expertise, right.

Once day Gavin brought a sealed tin of groundbait into my car. Maybe a drop spilled but today around two months, a few dry cleans and many washes later the smell still comes back to haunt us.

Works on the dam fish though, so help Saud out mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi,

Please see the spoon in the following thread. This works for both snakeheads and catfish.

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=2194

Regards
Salim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Once my friend a senior angler also a member on this forum brought a stinking bait for catfish.
Its very easy to make it. take chicken intestine night before fishing and douse it with a libral quantity of HALDI (Turmeric) on it and pack it in a air tight container to be opened next day. This way the bait become good yellow color which has very high visibility in muddy water and the stink is hard to take. we caught 4-5 big catfish on this bait.

Santosh do u remeber the catfish :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 am 
Fishaholic

prakash wrote:
Once my friend a senior angler also a member on this forum brought a stinking bait for catfish.
Its very easy to make it. take chicken intestine night before fishing and douse it with a libral quantity of HALDI (Turmeric) on it and pack it in a air tight container to be opened next day. This way the bait become good yellow color which has very high visibility in muddy water and the stink is hard to take. we caught 4-5 big catfish on this bait.

Santosh do u remeber the catfish :lol:

Who thinks of these things in the first place? hahahahaahah I could smell it just reading about it.

Post subject: thank guys
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:06 pm 

i am really very much thankfull to you people for your help . On sunday I will try all this baits. Thanks a lot my friends.

Post subject: Re: thank guys
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

saud.hunter wrote:
i am really very much thankfull to you people for your help . On sunday I will try all this baits. Thanks a lot my friends.

"Saud .hunter" will be "sadhunted" if he opens that tin by mistake at home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:38 pm 
Fishaholic

You said it right Fred , It smells awfull.[/quote]