->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:08 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:51 pm 

Well Ken has offered to show us all his way of making a side planer that can be used from the shore if there’s sufficient interest. Here’s the link http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?p=32167#32167 where Ken has offered to teach us how to make a ‘side planer’ by posting pictures, hopefully he’ll also write a few tips on how to build and use one. and like me If you don’t know what a side planer is please google it for a basic idea.
If you are interested please post a request here and if you have used a ‘side planer’ or know more about how to make and use a ’side planer’ please post it here.

Thanks
Imran

Last edited by imrankhan on Mon May 18, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm 
Fishaholic

I'll do it when I get chance (I'm moving house at the moment) but I have to say that shore fishing aplications will be very limited - in fact I cant think of any.
For a planer to work properly, you need to keep the line off the water. This is easy on European canals which are only about 10m wide but much more difficult at the sort of distances that you would want to fish a lure at in the sea, especially where there are waves.
I can see Indian applications for such devices but they mainly relate to targeting murrel in drainage ditches and the like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:02 pm 

Sorry Ken I confused myself, and everybody who read my post, I was thinking of fishing from the river bank not the sea shore, I would like to try out in a river and its tributary which originates in the Western Ghats and this river is pretty narrow in its upper reaches and is about 30 to 60 feet wide, I want to target fish which all seem to be under a few over hanging trees on the opposite side which is unapproachable. Yes Murrel is one potential target, but more importantly I want to get those fish(Carp?) which I could sense were quite big and making a splash now and then probably with the sole intention of mocking at my inability to get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:19 am 

Have a look at this http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... LL_PRODUCT , some off my mates are trying too make them for shore fishing bu have really big problems getting them too behave well in the air and avoid line tangles