->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:42 am 
Fishaholic

Most of us anglers are very imaginative and innovative people, as you can gather from some of the “one that got away tails” :lol: . However on a serious note I know a lot of us improvise and innovate using some homegrown ideas, using some device or adapting gadgets to help us with our angling. I thought it would be a good idea for us to share these "flashes of brilliance” :oops: here so that we all could benefit from them. My contribution:

CD case for carrying my trace and leaders, it is very convenient does not tangle and mix up and is very convenient:

I always thought of using a cut PVC pipe with a grove for the reel seat and fix onto my waist pouch or a bag to carry my loaded rod/rods (hands free) when walking over long distances over rocky shores where I would need two different weights to fish. I wanted to make a device but I found this in a fishing shop last week besides the rod holder it has several pockets and the inside has space that perfectly fits 2 lure boxes of mine, a real good find:

Hope some of you guys will come out with your ideas.

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice thread Bobby!

Most of my stuff (apart from the lures, reels, line and rods) is borrowed/stolen/salvaged from various places and people. For example, every time I go to pick up my car from the garage after a service I pick up all the big nuts and bolts. These make great weights and are much more eco friendly then lead.

Let me take some pictures of all the little things I have whipped up. Will post them later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Some of my quick fixes were

1) Nuts and bolts like Ken said as weights
2) I inch soft flexi garden hose with cork stoppers on both sides for traces
3) Pepsi plastic bottles storing for peacock floats
4) Transparent films boxes for storing different size hooks .. you get to see whats size is in the box without opening the thing
5) Fish stringers made from large size paper clips when fishing for tiddlers
6) Crimps made from old metal ball point refils ( dont get them anymore though)