->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:56 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Ground Baiting Patterns
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:55 pm 
Fishaholic

While fishing in still waters I have observed that certain patterns of ground baiting and hook placement work better than other. The common way of ground baiting is to ground bait one particular area and either fish inside or out side the periphery of ground baited area. In case of particle or boilie ground baiting, the common wisdom says that one should place his baited hook in the ground baited area itself. Experience anglers also consider the drift and current, if any, and accordingly place their hooks accordingly.

To me, if we do our ground baiting in certain patterns and place our hooks accordingly, the chances of catches increase many fold. Below are some most productive patters (As per my experience.

• V with a dot:- To me the most productive pattern of ground baiting is in V shape and a dot in the center of V. The best hook placement is between the dot and the closed end of V or Just away from the line of V towards the drift of water.
• Inverted C:- This is also a very productive pattern. Ground bait the area you are going to fish in form of letter C where the closed end is away from you. Place your hook at least one meter away from the closed end of C or near the extreme end towards the drift.
• Parallel Lines:- The distance between the two lines should be 2 to 2.5 Meters and the length of the lines should be around 2 Meters. Place your hooks in the center of line near either of ends.

Next time when you are going to chuck your ground bait, follow these patterns or you can experiment with different patterns and different hook placement but do not forget to report every success so as we all can compile a data base and effectively draw some conclusions to formalize the best patterns of ground baiting.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot Alibhai. This is great info. We have just been chucking in our ground bait till now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanx for sharing the info Ali Bhai.

MK is rite.

What we usually do is try form a cluster where we ground bait the area and then try and hit that spot with our bait and hooks.

I have a couple of questions regarding the ground baiting fiasco.

1. For bigger water bodies where we have to ground bait a fair distance from the shore so that we can improve our chances of a catch, we use a catapult. Do u'll also do the same????

2. Do you'll mark the desired area with a bobber or something to remember where the ground bait should go and rods should land???

3. When do you'll start casting your rods after ground baiting, after an hour or so??? We usually wait around 45min and then start casting out into the certain area.

So many questions?????? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

shaphan wrote:

MK is rite.

What we usually do is try form a cluster where we ground bait the area and then try and hit that spot with our bait and hooks.

I have a couple of questions regarding the ground baiting fiasco.

:

Catapult or a half cut minral water bottel with fome in bottom and attached to one casting rod work best.

You have to mark your prefered area with a float at the time of ground baitind and then when you cast your hooks to the spot pin point the area by marking some land scape on the other side of lake and fix the distance by putting a marker knot on your line.

The diffrance between the ground baiting time and the time you start fishing depends on your ground bait. Some time it is more than 24 hrs. The minimum time is 1 Hrs. if you are playing far.

hope it explain the questions.

Regards,

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 pm 
Enlightened

angler_ali wrote:
shaphan wrote:

The diffrance between the ground baiting time and the time you start fishing depends on your ground bait. Some time it is more than 24 hrs. The minimum time is 1 Hrs. if you are playing far.

I agree with Ali bhai. I have seem some of the ground bait work within minutes while some being unproductive all through..A lot depends on the quality and quantity of the ground bait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:01 am 
Fishaholic

Quote:
Catapult or a half cut minral water bottel with fome in bottom and attached to one casting rod work best.

Ali Bhai can u elaborate on the mineral water bottle tech a bit, would apprecaite that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Ken,
Will you kindly explain this.

Regards.

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Ali,
A very useful thread. Thanks for the information,

Regards,
Binu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:37 am 
Fishaholic

Thnks Ali Bhai
Useful Information

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:43 pm 
Enlightened

Normally, when I ground bait, I use 3 layers, all parallel lines.
1st line, strong sweet smelling ground bait, with lots of ghee.
2nd line mild ground bait withOUT any alcohol.
3rd line, the same as 1st line, only substitute ghee with lots of alcohol, preferably country liquor :-)
This generally starts showing results within 30-45 mins of applying.
Start by casting first towards the 1st line and gradually increasing the length towards the 3rd line.