INDIANANGLER
http://www.indianangler.com/

Mission Impossible (Indian Record Fish)
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1619
Page 6 of 8

Author:  lionheart [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

santosh wrote:
Mr. Lion.. Tat's (Tato) is Tathagata... :mrgreen:


ok

Author:  santosh [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fredfish wrote:
so when is the next gang bang in Powai for the biggest catla :twisted:


Last night did some changes to the hair rig, got the hooks perfectly balanced.

The light tackle is also ready (sharpened the hooks, new 5 lb line on the reel, small floats)…waiting for the monsoon to reach Mumbai.

Santosh

Author:  Tathagata [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:
"Who will wait till then" was the angry outburst from his father Ali. :lol:


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Yeah Ali bhai.

lionheart Tatoo is me...

Hey I finally got time post after seeing the video on youtube…. Nice fight Santo with Ali bhai’s and Babloo Bhai’s running commentary on the background.

Excellent video shot by an equally excellent angler and I got see the upgraded machan too.

Finally the myth of “Katla has a soft mouth” is broken. It too can be hooked in the mouth.
Keep it coming guys… [smilie=coolup.gif]

Author:  angler_ali [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 am ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:

The day was not very fruitful except I and Santosh fought a 8-9 feet Crock, who choose to entangle his body on my 15 lb line and we admired him for almost three hours while he stalked us from all the sides and after sunset, saw him gulping a big Silver, Just behind our Machan. (It’s a different story friends and will be told on some other day)

Ali.


Santosh,

Your intuition about the behavior of this brute was absolutely correct as today's news paper (TOI- Mirror pg-9) is showing it did attack a Poacher on Monday and injured him badly. Luckily the poor man survived.

We have to be more vigilent.

Regards,

Ali. :shock:

Author:  kanwar76 [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Here is the link for same news.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/2/2 ... eath-.html

-Inder

Author:  santosh [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Exactly Ali. I told you that day… I seriously believe that we were been looked at as a tasty meal :lol: :lol: , that’s the reason I dismantled one rod and kept it besides me. Any more closer & I was going to hit it.. :lol:

Author:  Fredfish [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

santosh wrote:
Fredfish wrote:
so when is the next gang bang in Powai for the biggest catla :twisted:


Last night did some changes to the hair rig, got the hooks perfectly balanced.

The light tackle is also ready (sharpened the hooks, new 5 lb line on the reel, small floats)…waiting for the monsoon to reach Mumbai.

Santosh


U gonna be there this saturday ?

Author:  MERWYNTIGER [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:47 pm ]
Post subject:  hi

hi buddy santosh,,
i liked ur carp video,,,great,,,i like when u released the fish,,u practise what u preach and aslo ali enjoys ur success ,u r blessed with such a sporting partner,please give him my regards,unlike in my case ,,i hav seen guys ditching me, when i hav caught more fish then and then they don,t turn up for next trip or they run away when i am playing a big fish.
ur friend siddhart called me up,,,trying to make time for a trip,,,lets see how things work out
merwyn

Author:  Fredfish [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: hi

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
hi buddy santosh,,
i liked ur crap vedio ,,,great,,,


Everybody Loves Mervyn /////// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Author:  Christopher Rodrick [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Would love to come down to Powai and fish with you all, just amazing how both Santo and Ali bhai you all are having a blast of a time.... have a lot to learn from you all....

Cheers,

Chris

Author:  lionheart [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: hi

Fredfish wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
hi buddy santosh,,
i liked ur crap vedio ,,,great,,,


Everybody Loves Mervyn /////// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


see what I mean Merwyn my friend ! if only :roll: you had not bunk school to go fishing none of this would have happened :wink: :lol: :lol: he is a jolly good fellow ........... [smilie=whistle.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]

Author:  Gavin Ridge Cooke [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great going guys... Santy, you can go wrong with Ustad Ali by your side...

GRC

Author:  angler_ali [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: hi

lionheart wrote:
Fredfish wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
hi buddy santosh,,
i liked ur crap vedio ,,,great,,,


Everybody Loves Mervyn /////// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


see what I mean Merwyn my friend ! if only :roll: you had not bunk school to go fishing none of this would have happened :wink: :lol: :lol: he is a jolly good fellow ........... [smilie=whistle.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]


Syed,

If you are talking about bunking school to go fishing you are talking about me :-) . I even ran away from my house when I was a kid and survived 8 days away from my house.. of course Fishing.. :wink:

We all make bad casts while fishing and as a true angler one should be looking other way when someones lure fly in a bad direction.

Regards

Ali.

Author:  santosh [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
Santy, you can go wrong with Ustad Ali by your side... GRC


:lol: :lol: :lol: Ali, next time dont stop me when i palm the reel.. :lol: :lol:

Author:  santosh [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Guys, Merwyn is a passionate angler. If he has misspell crap for carp.. you just cant post about his schooling, if you still want to than please add Gavin to the list. Gavin wrote " Santy, you can go wrong with Ustad Ali by your side"..

Please, keep MI thread as an educational one. A true angler must, and will learn and improve on and above what is shared here.
Santosh

Author:  teritex [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: hi

My fellow angler took it in wrong sense :P By the way "Whatever happened to the goodness ..." is a legitimate statement. Don't really know why you took it as an abuse. Post edited to keep the flavor of this thread :lol:
DeZZ

Author:  Gavin Ridge Cooke [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Guys, Merwyn is a passionate angler. If he has misspell crap for carp.. you just cant post about his schooling, if you still want to than please add Gavin to the list. Gavin wrote " Santy, you can go wrong with Ustad Ali by your side"..

Please, keep MI thread as an educational one. A true angler must, and will learn and improve on and above what is shared here.
Santosh


I agree with DeZZ... the smart one's will understand the typo, however the others wont.. :D :D

Author:  Mahaseerken [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:45 am ]
Post subject: 

OK! That's been settled. Now back to the fishing.

Author:  MERWYNTIGER [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  hi,

guys,
i am sorry for my bad typing,,,i meant carp not crap and video not vedio ,i regret it,,,santosh ,,sorry yarr by mistake i did the above thing,
sayed,my friend, i take ur comment as a jolly good compliment(nice sense of humour) :lol: :lol: :lol: and fred thanks for ur love comment ,i hope its true,,,,love among the angling community is a very good thing and this forum is a testimony of the bond we share among all the indian anglers,,
masheer ken this is the last word on the issue
merwyn

Author:  teritex [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

That's like a man Merwyn,


Where are your catch reports??

DeZZ

Author:  MERWYNTIGER [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Where are your catch reports??

hahaha :lol: :lol: small fry myself

Author:  hawkeye [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Coming back to the carp video ...
Santosh, I noticed that while reeling in you would occasionally adjust the line just beyond the bail arm - were you adjusting the line on the roller? Does the line have a tendency to stick/slip on the roller of the Penn Slammer ?

Author:  lionheart [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: hi

teritex wrote:
Sayed,

We often try and find faults. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE GOODNESS AND THE ENTHUSIASM THE GENTLEMAN HAS.
In plain words, PM him and educate him on the error. Please don't forget our posts are read by millions and I bet most of them are grammar school teachers. You surely don't want to draw their attention :)

DeZZ (there no error in this name please)


There you see ! I was waiting for Merwyn to reply first and as I know Merwyn better than you guys and he is really a jolly good Fellow and a very good teacher in a school in goa but the only thing about him is that he is always posting in a hurry never checking the spellings again although I had told him many a times while chatting on the phone with him
and whats wrong if you joke with a friend you know well ? No need to get Hyper there :!: and about THE GOODNESS AND THE ENTHUSIASM OF THE GENTLEMAN its kinda sad to see GENTLEMEN jump at any opportunity they get to haul tons of abuse or bloody someones nose
I'd rather consider my self a Humbleman instead of Gentleman
I would never abuse anybody in a public forum or anywhere else whatever the situation and if he is really shaking my peach tree a bit too much then I'll just flick a peanut at him and the sucker will drop dead thinking that he has been shot :wink: :twisted:

@Dezz you have chosen a user name so why should I find error in it ? tommorrow if you choose yourself a new username say TOM or DICK or HARRY I'll be happy to address you as such.
my good friends next time you see a sweet drop of honey fallen leave it for the ants to enjoy. please don't step on it and make the whole place sticky
In good faith- Lionheart

Author:  hawkeye [ Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mission Impossible - - - keeping the thread related to the topic it was meant to be :roll:

Author:  Fredfish [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:46 am ]
Post subject: 

I truly believe that IA has its fair share of moderators and all are intelligent ones at that ... I also beleive that no one on this forum has any malicious intent to disrespect / hurt / malign anyone intemtionally .

I also believe that all of the comments made on this forum are in good faith / jest / educative / with no intentional malice and should be treated in that way .

I also believe that we are human and sometimes we may say or post something that has no intent of hurting the other perosn .. but the same may offend the person at whom it is directed .

However I strongly believe that if the said piece has been offending to the concerned person .. then he should be the one who takes it up with the concerned person making such a post through a PM or by any other means and it should be between the setteled between the concerned persons only .

We fail to understand that as humans we all have are own personal thresholds of tolerance and what may seem offending to you may not infact be at all offending to the other person .

Let us not all become moral policemen in our enthusiam to make a point ....I have noticed that most of the so called " infringements " on other IA members have been taken up by others who get " offended" by such posts ..... but the person who the post has been directed at has not said a word .

I would request all such "moral policemen " to please mind their own business and refrain from creating issues about posts that were not deemed offending by the person to whom it was made at in the first place .

I for one am not going to change my way of commenting on post . Howver if anyone has any issue or finds offending something that I have posted related to him. then I would logically expect that person himself to address me and the contents of my post


..............and yes Merwyn .... I still say "Everybody Loves Merwyn " ... There was no intent to hurt you .... it was just a little leg pulling with no malicious intent .... Tight lines ...... and lets get back to the fishing

Author:  lionheart [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Fredfish wrote:
I truly believe that IA has its fair share of moderators and all are intelligent ones at that ... I also beleive that no one on this forum has any malicious intent to disrespect / hurt / malign anyone intemtionally .

I also believe that all of the comments made on this forum are in good faith / jest / educative / with no intentional malice and should be treated in that way .

I also believe that we are human and sometimes we may say or post something that has no intent of hurting the other perosn .. but the same may offend the person at whom it is directed .

However I strongly believe that if the said piece has been offending to the concerned person .. then he should be the one who takes it up with the concerned person making such a post through a PM or by any other means and it should be between the setteled between the concerned persons only .

We fail to understand that as humans we all have are own personal thresholds of tolerance and what may seem offending to you may not infact be at all offending to the other person .

Let us not all become moral policemen in our enthusiam to make a point ....I have noticed that most of the so called " infringements " on other IA members have been taken up by others who get " offended" by such posts ..... but the person who the post has been directed at has not said a word .

I would request all such "moral policemen " to please mind their own business and refrain from creating issues about posts that were not deemed offending by the person to whom it was made at in the first place .

I for one am not going to change my way of commenting on post . Howver if anyone has any issue or finds offending something that I have posted related to him. then I would logically expect that person himself to address me and the contents of my post


..............and yes Merwyn .... I still say "Everybody Loves Merwyn " ... There was no intent to hurt you .... it was just a little leg pulling with no malicious intent .... Tight lines ...... and lets get back to the fishing


Agree with you Fred [smilie=coolup.gif]
It is a sunny day 2day and sunday = funday and my rod is itching for some action :wink:

Author:  Mahaseerken [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Can we please get on with the fishing.

Author:  hozefaishaqali [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hey guys......
read the news article about the crock attack.....
it seems that no body wants to highlight the illegal fishing/"Poaching" in powai.......
Its "Fishermen attacked by crock in Powai"

Author:  Christopher Rodrick [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi Ali bhai/Santo,

Does the method feeder works in indian condition for big sized carp or Katla?

Cheers,

Chris

Author:  Adolph [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is this true?

Sunish Kunju, founder of the Plant and Animal Welfare Society, Mumbai, said “...fishing is illegal in the Powai lake and authorities must put an end to it........”
:?: :(

Author:  teritex [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Adolph wrote:
Is this true?

Sunish Kunju, founder of the Plant and Animal Welfare Society, Mumbai, said “...fishing is illegal in the Powai lake and authorities must put an end to it........”
:?: :(


I have not heard of it. Not until December 2010 ;)

Author:  angler_ali [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mahaseerken wrote:
Can we please get on with the fishing.


Just wait and watch, I am posting one more video.
:wink:

Fredd, you missed the chance at the gang bang in Powai on Saturday. :?


Adolph wrote:
Is this true?

Sunish Kunju, founder of the Plant and Animal Welfare Society, Mumbai, said “...fishing is illegal in the Powai lake and authorities must put an end to it........”
:?: :(
:?

Yes, fishing is illegal in Powai but not angling. :lol: :lol:

Request every body to kindly stick to the thread topic.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ali.

Christopher,

catla it self is a carp.

Regards,

Ali.

Author:  Christopher Rodrick [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:
Christopher,

catla it self is a carp.

Regards,

Ali.


Right.... do the method feeder works for the Carp in India

Author:  angler_ali [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Which Carp,

For me, I have caught Mirgal, Rohu, Hybrid, Khawli (All are Carp) and Mangur (Cat Fish), Talapia etc so you can safely assume that it will work on a wide spectrum of fishes. While targeting different species, the hook setup is different.

Regards,

Ali.

Author:  santosh [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

hawkeye wrote:
Coming back to the carp video ...
Santosh, I noticed that while reeling in you would occasionally adjust the line just beyond the bail arm - were you adjusting the line on the roller? Does the line have a tendency to stick/slip on the roller of the Penn Slammer ?


Slammer is a fine reel, I was checking the drag and not adjusting line on the roller.

Author:  santosh [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:
Just wait and watch, I am posting one more video.[/size] :wink:
Ali.


What a crazy weekend.. :lol: lots of runs, feeding, line breaking, bad hooks, 24 hr fishing, nuisance mangurs, beautiful catfish, Tilapias.. and ONE MORE Catla.. :wink:

Author:  eljefe [ Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hey gangbangers, thanks for all the fun! As long as we're having fun, yae, go forth and have fun. Lots of good advice here from people who know what they're talking about-in all aspects. So lets keep on fishing...
Ali/Santo
Rustam and I once counted 6 -7 sets of crocs around our coracle in Forbes Sagar, the old WASI lake near bangalore,late at night.
And a croc has even given a coracle the 'brush by'.So, expect them to follow the old adage-familiarity leads to contempt- and check out some easy meat-the human. Incidentally, check out the Croc eyes at night using a incandescent torch and a LED torch- different colours!

Author:  angler_ali [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am ]
Post subject: 

eljefe wrote:
Hey gangbangers,


Thanks Asif. We surely are having fun. But I would preferred to be called MI Team (As Santosh put it) :P


eljefe wrote:
Ali/Santo
Rustam and I once counted 6 -7 sets of crocs around our coracle in Forbes Sagar, the old WASI lake near bangalore,late at night.
And a croc has even given a coracle the 'brush by'.So, expect them to follow the old adage-familiarity leads to contempt- and check out some easy meat-the human. Incidentally, check out the Croc eyes at night using a incandescent torch and a LED torch- different colours!


There is a History of Crock Attack in Powai. They have always attacked poachers who go in the water on tubes and invade the habitat of these reptile. If you go through the paper report, the person who was injured was carrying some stones with him. :?: . Obviously he was aware about the Crock and he was using those stones to pelt the poor brute away from his poaching ground. Now you cannot pelt a 8 - 14 ft Croc while sitting on a tube. Can you. :evil:

Regards,

Ali.

Author:  Mahaseerken [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think the crocs are actually the MI 'gangbanger' getting rid of the poachers and protecting their fish.

Author:  Keyur [ Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ali has trained the crocs well :lol:

Author:  angler_ali [ Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am ]
Post subject: 

Keyur wrote:
Ali has trained the crocs well :lol:


Wish I could train the monster fishes of Powai as well :o

Regards,

Ali. :wink:

Author:  angler_ali [ Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:
Just wait and watch, I am posting one more video.[/size] :wink:
Ali.


As per my promis, here is the link to my latest catch, another Catla of 10 Kg.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhL81bVE6AI

Enjoy :D

Regards,

Ali.

Author:  sarabee0629 [ Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ali Bhai & Santosh congrats once again, enjoyed watching the video, thanks for sharing [smilie=whistle.gif] [smilie=whistle.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif]
Saravanan

Author:  sanju_freeworld [ Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Super!!!!!!!!! Alibhai, you guys have worked out a magic formula with Catlas. Just in case you need a cameraman for the next one, I would happily be one.

Author:  santosh [ Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ali, loved the video.. you edited the main action part.. lol .. cheers to many more to come.

Author:  leeds [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Great going guys... :D

Author:  santosh [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:19 am ]
Post subject: 

angler_ali wrote:
As per my promis, here is the link to my latest catch, .


And some more.. :lol: :lol: :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmodOxdZ7hg

Santosh

Author:  sarabee0629 [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am ]
Post subject: 

[smilie=superkewl.gif]

Author:  apoo [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice catch Ali Bhai. It seems like you were using a Abu right hand reel.

Cheers,
Apoo

Author:  teritex [ Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

santosh wrote:
Ali, loved the video.. you edited the main action part.. lol .. cheers to many more to come.


Santosh,

What is that fish @ 01:10 in the vid???

Page 6 of 8 All times are UTC+05:30
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/