->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: controller float
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
Fishaholic

the controller float works great - is even necessary- with the light imitation eels in the pic. but are they any good to use with rapalas? i do understand that the leader between the float and the rapala would have to be long enough to allow the lure to dive to the needed depth but besides that does the action get affected?

any other experiences with controllers would be a valued share :D

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 am 
Fishaholic

They're not great with plugs because with multiple trebles annd more than one weight on the line, there's just to much oppertunity for tangles whilst casting.
The best tip I can give you for fishing small plugs at distance is to buy a selection of sinking minnow lures. The extra dansity od a sinking lure will add a fair few meters to your cast with a lure thats the same physical size of the floating plug that you might otherwise have chosen.

I recently ordered a batch of several different sinking minows from the US. One pattern was so impressive that I immediatly went on line to order some more but word had obviously got arround and even the mighty Bass Pro had sold out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:00 am 
Fishaholic

ken,
if its not too much to ask could you please post a pic of the lure. havent had any luck on the eel id like to see if what youre talking about can change things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:45 am 
Fishaholic

Sorry mate, they're all packed ready for my india trip. I'm on the bus to the airport in 12 hours.

They're called the Offshore Angler "Goggle eyes". Top plug, a bit like a YoZuri Crystal Minnow on steroids and fully fitted out with 4X saltwater hooks straight from the packet..
If I'd known how good hey were, I'd have ordered a dozen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:54 pm 
Fishaholic

good luck in india. hope to see some great pics from your trip.