->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Free Rod & reel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:44 pm 

hey guys - i had been out with my family yesterday to a place close to hyderabad. I didnt get time to do fishing which was very unfortunate. Anyways the plan was to find out prices for stay at a resort and i went inside to enquire - while leaving that place my eyes hit on a fishing 2 piece rod and a reel and naturally got curious and asked the reception to get it down as it was hanging on the wall. I some how convinced him to give me away for free as it was very dusty and had wall paint spots all over it and seemed like not been use for months... Well now i have a 2 piece DAIWA TriForceX Graphite 8 ft rod, model number te-x 1002hrs and is designed for 10-20lb line and cw of 15-50gms. The reel happens to be Abu Carcia Cardinal 754 spinning reel. Bad news is that reel is damaged and i'm going to spend some time trying to repair it - (any idea if it can be repaired anywhere????) -- well i cleaned the rod and its a very neat and light cool rod - there is a extra 2nd piece of rod (if 1 breaks :)) --- isnt the trip sucessfull??? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:21 pm 

So it is time to plan our next fishing trip :))
rk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Such rods are lucky ! we picked up one from the banks of Beas for just Rs 80/-.Some foreign angler had left in in a hut and never returned.It was black with soot deposit on it for years . It was yellow inside. This local fellow who bought it ,repaired it,and was fishing with me the next time at Ropar and he got one fantastic bite - the fish took the live bait and a considerable length of line.
hope the same comes your way !
Tight Lines...Hamdhingra