->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fish Finders...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:12 pm 

does anyone try to use electronic fish finders and check if a new lake has fish in the first place and then try catch.... i've been trying lotta unknown places in hyderabad without getting bites and i wonder if these lakes have fish ever.. at times you gotta drive 70-80 kms for 3-4 water bodies and find no fish ... are there any other methods to get to know.. i'm talking about unexplored places or patches in a river which u find while driving on a highway.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

I've used this and find it very useful. Should work for you.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:00 pm 

I took my similar but larger model, an RF10 to the Ramganga in October and found it usefull in understanding the topography of some of the pools. It did find fish which was a first for me, as I use purely for feature finding. In the past I have found its fish finding capabiltiies rather limited in shallow rivers I fish.

In the UK I use it almost wholly for barbel rivers and it has proved most valuable and has put fish on the bank from swims I had never fished before. However, in turblent water the remote sensor does not work well, i.e. rapids and wiers. Also, a friend and myself have been thru several sensors which for no reason just stop working. Currently in discussion with Humminbird on this fault as they are not cheap!!