->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:08 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Tackle Shop in Chennai??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 am 

Hi Friends!

I have heard that there is a tackle shop in Chennai that has reels, rods, hooks, and everything else. I am going to Chennai this week, and I am hoping someone can tell me the name and address of this shop. Also if you have any specifics such as a phone number or the section of Chennai, that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

alann

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Use only PM. No posting of tackle shop details is allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Alann,

If you are going to Chennai, you can go to Royapuram harbour (Couple miles from where those tackle shops are) in the early morning hours from 05:30 AM and do some plugging for barracudas during the dawn and then when the sun is up (from 06:30 AM) you can do some popping for some GTs.

You can take a printout of a GT and ask the locals fishing there about where the fish in the picture usually strike the mullets. The locals will show you the spot which will be toward the open sea (NOT toward the inside of the harbour). Some locals will give BS, you can get some good info from some of the guys that handline live shrimp for barramundis.

Have a close watch for some top water action. You will most likely see some mullets that are well over 12 inch skip on the surface of the water followed by a giant grey body crashing them.

PS: There are two arms for the Royapuram harbour and the one that I mentioned above has the "N4 Police Station" at its entrance.
DO NOT GO TO THE OTHER ARM.

Maruthu