->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

The first step to be followed before posting an image on the forum is to ensure that the image has been resized according to forum rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a brief tutorial on how to resize photos for your forum posts. This does not require fancy editing software nor any special talent. This is the simplest way that I know to do this and I hope it helps.

In general a 640x480 (Small) picture will not require horizontal scrolling. This is the maximum size recommended for posts. Here is a hint, if you can make your photos vertical rather than horizontal you will have fewer problems.

There is a free program offered directly from Microsoft's website. If you go to Microsoft Power Toys there is a add-in program fifth from the bottom on the right side of the page called "Image Resizer". That is the one you want. Download, install, and proceed to the next part. (Note: The easiest way to do this is click on the link ImageResizer.exe and when the dialog box opens select Open rather than Save.)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

Open the directory where you have your photos for example "My Pictures." If you see the Details View like below, you will need to change to Thumbnail View by right clicking on an empty part of the window and selecting Thumbnails.

After you do this you will see thumbnails like those shown below. Right click on any photo and choose Resize Pictures. (Note: Notice that Rotate Clockwise and Rotate Counter Clockwise are listed here. You can easily rotate your photo using these.)

You will have this dialog box pop up:

By choosing Small option and clicking OK the computer will automatically duplicate your photo but at the smaller size. It will not change the size of the original. (Note: If you want it to permanently change your photo size, that option is under the Advanced menu.) The new photo will have the same file name as the original with (Small) added to it. It is this file that you can upload to your photo sharing site like ImageShack.

To post a picture, do any one the following:

On the forum when you click on the new post button or on the post reply button you will be shown a box for entering your text. Below this box is another small white box whch says Learn more about the ImageShack Toolbar! This is the toolbar for posting pics.

Click on the browse button and select the resized image from it's location in your PC (Make sure that the image has been resized to 640 X 480 before doing this. Images bigger than this will be deleted. To learn how to resize images the easy way take a look at http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=136)

Then click on the host it! button to upload the image to Imageshack. If a new window does not open when you click on the host it! button then click on it again. If it still does not open then keep the CTRL button on your keyboard pressed and click on the host it! button again. The new window should open up this time, click in the box shown in the example picture below, it's the one with a red rectangle around it.

When the text in the box is selected (blue) copy this text and paste it into the message body where you want the picture displayed. To test your post, click on the preview button. If your post looks like it should then click on the submit button. If you want to post more than one image in the same post then you repeat the steps shown above ie. click on the browse button and host it button again, then copy the text in the red highlighted box and paste it into the post where you want it to appear.

Then select preview to see if things have turned out correctly.

Use submit to make the post.

This should insert the picture into your post.

Last edited by Tachyon on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:11 am 
Fishaholic

Any idea how one can re-size the pic so as not to scroll horizontally?

Thanks.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi Rustam, I have edited the HOWTO post to reflect image resizing. See point 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Edited the Image posting howto to reflect the use of the ImageShack toolbar and the change in the usage of photobucket.

IndianAngler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:06 am 
Site Admin

Combined Image resize and How to Post images into one post for the benefit of the newcomers.

Post subject: hi hulk from hyderabad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:44 am 

EDITED - No personal information. Please read the forum rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:28 am 
Fishaholic

hulk.....please read the forum rules

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 am 
Enlightened

Hi, I have used the image resizer. my original pics was 493 kb when i used resizer it can to 52.8 kb but when i upload web page is giving messages that image size should be 20 k i tired making the new resized image to resize again but 52.8 kb is the last i am getting what to do now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 am 
Fishaholic

send me your image i will make it for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

I think the recommended Image resize software is only applicable for windows XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Try this for Win 7

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827