[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My first Mahseer !!! - Page 2 - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:22 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm 
Fishaholic

as mentioned will inform when volunteering is required .. they have mentioned only little for a certain reason.. have been to their facility and had seen the rearing tanks and fry.. have seen the hapas too.

btw.. rakesh.. the fish nirupam caught could be a tor tor.. today while travelling i saw a small boy fishing in the city .. he was fishing for tilapia.. in the few minutes i stood by his side.. he pulled in a fish .. which unmistakably was a tor tor.. (* palm size.._ reddish tinged fins.. two small barbs on the mouth.. mahseer scales.. asked the boy to sell me the fish for rs 10.. put it in a plastic bag with water from the place and it is now in a friends planted aquarium.. will observe it for a day or two and release it back to the same location.. am a bit happy that nature is finding some way to hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

What the fish !!!
put a pic of it man !!! Mighty Mahseer's trying to reemerge on its own ! Wow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:38 am 
Fishaholic

dont have.. pic.. after determining its authenticity.. i released it back to where it came from... at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:02 pm 
Fishaholic

hmm so this means that the redfin mahaseer has naturally been surviving all these years in pune rivers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:12 pm 
Fishaholic

struggling.. with the summer setting in earlier and with a vengence.. the dams had released water everywhere.. .. evidence full and fast flow in the canals.. so i suppose the smaller fish that cannot swim against the suction when the sluices are opened ... flow out.. once out . only GOD knows who survive and who dont.. next time you catch it,, ask the locals what it is called .. most likely they wont know.....

Post subject: My first carp hookup...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: dear,
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:25 am 
Enlightened

Rakesh dont be sad .......whole night i was thinking about that fish....but dont worry we will catch the same in next week and this time we will land the same with a landing net..

lets buy one in this week or we will make the net...

i was also excited to see that fish but equally disappointed for not getting it.

This time we wil take more bait and fresh one so we can get more time to target this fish and land few of them.

omesh - next saturday be free we will go and this time we will at 4 am so we can return by 10 am.

better luck next time but i am happy that u hooked one crap......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats guys .. hope y'all get that rohu..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks irfaan

Hi Nirupam da,
yes next week toh pakka... as for the landing net, we may have to check in stores if a cheaper one is available... or we will have to make one our self.
Bait is another problem...

Thanks dada... We surely catch him next time... or maybe a bigger one... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi daryl,
Thanks... Man I gotta do something with the nervousness that takes over me when I hook a new one... I wish to get a good fight from it, and then only land it...

Hi sandip da !
Thanks a lot... As I learn more and more I will become a good and keen angler... Next time, I am gonna fight it and then land it for sure !!! Thanks for teaching me that little thing... Which was just an advice, but really proved to be a useful and important one...:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Naah its alright bro...My post Isn't that much on public demand either that I will not like your reply...Its actually good people share their experiences rather than focusing on the person's post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 pm 

Good going Raka... many more to come.. the season waits for you :)
Ciao
Shyam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:10 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks chaetaa...:D
Hello fellow anglers !!! Finally caught the first fish that was in my list of "dream fishes to be caught", previous saturday...
Story, pictures, and video coming soon !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 am 
Fishaholic

I'll post the pictures for now, story will take some time as Iam on 12hrs in a wine specialty store...

Nirupam da was saying its a rohu, but just to be sure I want you guys to ID the fish...

problem rotating the image so please pardon me....

got a video of this too for you guys to easily identify...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3PHvjjFmFA
P.S the AAA and BAA sound in the background is not me, but a "guy"(a cow)... :lol:

enjoy, and pardon me for clicking the pics with the fish in the landing net... was really nervous and didnt want to loose it like the previous one... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 am 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: hiii
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks apoo :)

Thanks alibhai ! Yes I too think its a mrigal, will take nice pictures without the net... this time I was feisty :lol:
Thanks again :D
so here comes the "not so awaited" story...:lol:
My first carp... Mhai preciouussss... :twisted:

Got selected for a job... No offs for saturdays and sundays... So this, being my last day of fishing with dada and as a matter of fact my last day for fishing itself, I was nervous...

Packed up stuff in the morning, met dada, and off we go !
Prayed at the mazaar, and this time nothing bad happened, so I got worried if we'll even get a bite...
water level had further gone down(dada said this is good as fish get concentrated) had plans to try my feeder but plans got cancelled...
No bites in the morning. Some big splashes but no bites as noon approached, I got my first catch, a catfish on roti ! That was weird, as catfishes didnt take rotis.
then around noon I was sitting putting my bait on my hook when suddenly this guy came up to breathe and I saw him.
Target acquired... Locked on... And casted near the same place he came up to breathe... 15 mins no bites 20 mins no bites...dada had caught a few medium tilapias by then, but I didnt give up.
float fishing needs a lot of patience and continuos staring at the float.
put my bait and was going to cast when noticed the two hook setup that I bought had been weakened.
the thread it was made it was not very strong and had broken.
so I replaced that with a new two hook setup. Casted at the same place, waited for some time and something started eating my bait.
Waitin waiting waitin and it took the bait and ran.
Float went under and wham I set the hook...
I dont know why but I am just too afraid to handle it all alone.
Shouted, dada ! The fish wasnt giving up, Fighting with all its strength, so much its lip had been almost torn.
fought it 30 secs or so, gave the rod to dada and with cotton gloves in right hand and the small landing net in one hand, climbed down to land the fish.
Dada brought it closer and closer to the bank but the fish kept fighting and resisting...some kind of super fish which even after me landing it was still jumping.
Held it tightly behind the gills with my gloved right hand.
FELT GOOD!!! Was small enough for a catch and release, but couldnt as it was the first 1 of its type that I caught and also the lip to the left had ripped badly due to it continuously fighting to free itself.
i guess the 3-4 kg one of this kind would give a hell of a fight...

After just a few minutes of this, dada got a strike... Same fish, much smaller... He was fighting it and the hook came off...
Damn !
After that no bites except for small pests tilapia... Not even the big ones ! Bhaav badh gaye hain bhai inke...
I think until the monsoon arrives, the fishing season in pune is over...

But is it The end ? for me ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm 

congrats rakesh... its not the end, but the beginning of a new routine, for you, thats all:) now when everyone works u can fish in peace, and when the lake is crowded, u get to work! wow!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
Fishaholic

hmm... might be... I gotta count the dry days and plan in advance, nahi toh koi fayda nahi...
thanks chaetaa...:D
Its a new beginning...:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:48 am 
Enlightened

Dear Rakesh

It s not the end of angling for you but it is a starting of your professional life so you have to match the both and find out time for yourself....

You will get enough time dear and we will go together for fishing...

Dear Sunday i have gone alone and caught some decent fishes the river is flooded i think the dams had released the water ...the water level is high at every places...Caught near about 8 kgs of fishes 2 big talapia of 1.5 kg each and 2 maral small ones,2 kolas, and lots of decent size tilapia.

I have seen those craps but tried to catch them but unlucky not got any bites....

Lets hit the river by this weekend.

Regards

Nirupam sarkar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm 
Fishaholic

sorry alibhai for not meeting, was busy with wine festival in phoenix mall from last 4 days...

Caught this today after almost 15 days of hard work at the store... worth the effort !
Its a carp, that much I know... But which one, I'm still not sure...

A dream species fulfilled, 100 more to go...

The story...

A Carp's tail
by Rakesh Patil

It had been 15 days since I joined into the wine speciality store...
came to know labour day was a dry day, so planned in advance with dada to plan fishing on this day.
Also took an icebox from the shop just in case we got something big, plus keep the catch cool and away from the hot summer.
woke up at 4 am with allergy rashes all over my hands itching like hell. Thought, Lets not go, lets cancel the trip for today but had to go.
so took allegra pills (that makes me more sleepy) and woke up called nirupam da and met at 6:15 am. and Off we go !!!

prayed at the mazaar and reached the spot...
lot of activity was seen, we lock and loaded and dada did his first cast.
bam ! tilapia. boom ! tilapia. hadd hoti hain bhai.
To everything, their is a limit. but to tilapia, their is no limit :lol: :evil: :x

dada caught two big ones, around 1 kg each, and some medium ones. dada had told me earlier that previous sunday he tried for the so called
"rohu" but couldnt as the tilapia fingerlings would attack the bait and finish it off in seconds, even before the big fish could have a chance to even see it.

smite thee tilapia oh lord, smite em outta here ! :cry:
Man I am getting bored of this war with tilapia...

so while dada is busy casting and retrieving, I notice lot of these guys hanging out by the rock in shallows.

So like before I took sandip da's info in mind and casted in a big ones path. the big one was chasing the tilapia away from its territory, and therefore gave me an advantage. I could cast there without my bait being
eaten by tilapia. I took aim and casted. Perfect ! (naming the big one goldy) goldy came and sniffed around the bait, thrashed the bait a little
with its tail and went off... once, twice thrice I casted and same reaction from it. told myself "patience beta patience".
and it took the bait. I could see it moving its head sideways like when a shark shakes it prey. holy fish its trying to get the hook out !(I froze for like 3 seconds when this was happening and reacted after realising this)
Ye maara rod jerk and wham perfect set.
what a fight it gave, I mean what a fight... this time I fought it for about a minute or so before I called out for dada.
went down with woolen gloves in one hand(these really do come in handy) and grabbed it behind the head. awesome feeling it still fighting in my hands trying to slip out...
saw a small pond beside the river and put it there for taking out proper pics and video.
Really felt good... after 15 days of hard work If I get paid like this, I am coming back ! :D
celebrated with vadapav and cold drinks and went happily home...

Here are the snapshots and a video

beautiful scales aren't they ?

look at the red eyes and the snout ! don't know why but it reminds me of The bull shark. :lol:

Weighed around 1.5 kgs and long like from my fingertips to my elbow, almost 2 feet I think...

enjoy the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1P3E5q- ... e=youtu.be

Now please Identify it for me... I am really confused to what it really is(as heard in the video)

Thank you guys !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:40 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Rakesh...:))
This is a rohu...

Keep them coming
Saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 am 
Fishaholic

congrats on the rohu, raka!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks guys :D

Hi darryl,
Are you sure ? because the local fisherman told it looks like a rohu but actually is not. it was called kewda/kewde in marathi.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am 
Enlightened

Rakesh bhai its a rohu....