[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Finally!!! My first upload!! - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:10 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm 
Enlightened

Before I start, I would like to say thanks to Santosh, Ali bhai, Lionheart, King Ralph and last but not the least to Shri Jeremy Wade and the countless anglers who have posted their videos on YouTube. You guys have been instrumental in putting me on the right path to becoming an angler.

The story………

It was 5.10 am when I dialled King Ralph’s number and waited anxiously as the number rang. Luckily he cut the call and I was sure that I had managed to wake him up. I was sure that I had disturbed him in his sleep where he was fighting the 20 feet Bara which continuously eluded him. So the early morning fishing session was on. After a lot many cricket tournaments, I had finally managed to get a Saturday Sunday off, yet our schedule was very tight. Ralphy had his meetings to attend and I had to reach the DY Stadium on time. The fish were already winning!

As we set up our bait rods and were just about getting setting up our other rods for the hunt, I had a massive run on my rod and I saw my rod actually jump out of the pipe holder and jump across the sand and trying to jump into the water. Ralphy managed to get to the rod in time and by the time I could set the hook, the fish was gone. Round 1 to the fish.
We set up another round of bait and tried our hands at learning the walk the dog retrieve. But the low tide made sure that we would lose our lures at an unaffordable rate. However, just for the kick of it, I took my ultralight rod and started using surface poppers.
Nothing happened for quite some time and it was time to head back to civilization. Then we heard the sound we have come to love the most..krrrrrrrrrrr! This time the fish was not getting away!! I set the hook and the fight was on! It turned out that the first proper fish after my catfish (which does not qualify as a proper fighting fish) was a decent size rock cod!!

Unfortunately, the fish was gut hooked and despite the best efforts of ralph and me, we could not save it. As ralph was packing up, I thought of having a last go at walking the dog. The dog incidentally tried many times to flick our bait and was promptly walked away.(refer pic).
As I cast into the area where the slow water and fast water converged, I felt a tug on the lure and I thought that I had again set the lure on the rocks. Then I said “hold on, I am using a surface popper!”. I pulled the rod back and I saw the rock move around and I was sure I had fish on!!!!(As Shri Jeremy Wade would say).

It was another rock cod and I was now a “lucky angler” as raplhy would put it. Opening on bait and lure the same day was quite a feat for me and I am very excited to now become a pakka limbu from a kaccha limbu.
As per the latest reports, the rock cod is now in the curry pot of Usha maushi (my contact in the local fish market who provides bait on free basis).

The second cod on the lure was set free and I am sure I heard it swear at me as it took off into the deep!!!

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation Vashi mako.. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:58 pm 
Enlightened

thanks whitesnapper!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty congrats Sunil :D for your first macchi ;-)
What you did was very much expected from you :P after all you are an ALLROUNDER , I can very well imagine you in future, bowling those lures as bouncers & full toss right in to the mouth of the big ones
Keep them comming mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulation !! for first catch…
Hope to see many more catches :)
I like ur this comment:)) (As per the latest reports, the rock cod is now in the curry pot of Usha maushi)
Hey what fishing gears ur using?
Regards -Vinod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Jr. Jermy! good to see the big smile.
I really liked the way u narrated the entire session.

Now wen will my turn com to catch my first barra? :(

Regards

Ralph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:11 pm 
Enlightened

Lionheart - Lol !! very true sir. i finally made time for the fishing trip. Have been playing too much cricket. Hopefully that will come down in Feb and March. I still have been having trouble setting the hook. Will seek your guidance on the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
Enlightened

ralffy, maybe you will start your barra counter with a monster barra! Patience dost! tera bhi time ayega....tu khud hil jayega!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Jr Jermy,

These are som small Cods and MJ caught on the same weekend but at different place.

The below two Cods were caught on bait

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

apologise that I couldnt remove the pic on the spot as I have lost my camera and had no one along with me. Came home used my dads camera to remove the pic.
This was caught on lure.

Uploaded with
No big bites at all. Wondering where the big ones have gone :x

Regards
Ralph

Last edited by dmelloralf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:52 am 
Fishaholic

Very nice catches Ralpf...Dont worry, big ones are nearby only but they are afraid of you... :D :D :D

Have you eat those grouper? I caught one long back with bait - that was very testy...

Wish you all the best for big one's venture....

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: