[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
A day in Powai Lake with Ali Bhai - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:48 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm 
Fishaholic

After listening about Powai Lake from all around, I was eagerly waiting for my chance. Finally the day had come and I started early morning to meet Ali Bhai.
While going by auto, I was very confident on fresh water fishing but while coming back from Powai after whole day fishing with Ali Bhai, I realized that I don’t know anything about fresh water fishing and my journey has just begun.

We reached Ali Bhai’s machan and started talking about fishing – I learned so many things and few of them would be simplest way to prepare ground bait, bait, Hair Rig, Method feeder etc. Another most important thing I learned is how to handle the rod while fighting with the fish – I think many of us don’t know the correct process.

I got surprised to see Ali Bhai’s research work and thinking on modern angling techniques. He is the one I believe contributing a lot to Indian Carp fishing with his angling passion and technical abilities – My heartily congratulation to Ali Bhai on his great work.

My Catch in Powai – (All credit goes to Ali Bhai though)

Everything (Ground Bait, Feeder, Hair rig etc) were prepared by Ali Bhai and then we were waiting for the fish to get hooked. Suddenly I heard the screaming sound and I looked at Ali Bhai for the next signal – Ali Bhai told - “Go ahead Sandip it’s your fish, play nicely and enjoy the fight”. I learned lot many things from Ali Bhai on retrieving techniques before I landed the below beautiful fish. Thank you Ali Bhai. Thanks to Vishal for taking the nice pics.

Request you all to guess the weight of the fish please -

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

There were another two catches by Vishal’s son Noya. Noya caught his personal best of around 4 Kg Hybrid that day with help of Ali Bhai’s proper guidance.

Ali Bhai –

The boat riding part in searching of beautiful birds and wild crocks was truly awesome. Thank you for gifting me such a wonderful complete day on 31st – It would be a day to be remembered for ever.

Thank you,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sandip and Ali...Nice catch..That fish really looks very heavy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:58 pm 

Nice catch,and lucky day for catching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice silver carp Sandip Congratulation. My guesstimate is between 8kg-12kg based on amount of food under the belly ;)

Look like it is the season for Silver carp. I come to know that Ali bhai also hooked 20kg silver Carp recently after hooking 15kg earlier :P

Congratulation Ali bhai and the boat is looking cool, I noticed an extra buoyancy bar is attached to the boat. Is that so to balance the boat?

Regards
Arish

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:32 am 
Enlightened

[smilie=happyspin.gif] [smilie=happyspin.gif] Congratulations Bro, For a First fresh water catch from the paradise of Mumbai, Thats a beautiful catch and indeed a good company, the boat ride seems interesting.

keep it up bro [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catch, Beside the time with the Master himself,
Cheers & Congrats!!
Mayur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the pics. The new boat looks awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am 
Fishaholic

Congrates Sandip,
Big fish. Is it 7 kgs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:57 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Although my reply is late by a week as I was travelling and came to know of your catch thru Sagar :D
Hearty Congratulations Sandip, I see you had a great time with Ali :D
keep them comming mate [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Sandip! Wish you many more!

Regards,

Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 pm 
Enlightened

Superb catch...quite a fight it must have given am sure....did u go around in lake on Ali bhai's boat??....wat fun man....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:46 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats sandeep. superb fishing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 am 
Fishaholic

nice catch sandeep.. seems to be big fish...i guess well spend day :)

i am new to this field.. doesn't know ABCD also:(
Need to spend time with you guys to learn basic:)

Last edited by vinodrm on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Mario, Omesh, Dr Aamir for your inspiration.

Thanks Maneesh - Boat riding part was awesome. I was very lucky to have all these magical moments together.

Thank you Sayed Bhai. It was really a great time with Ali Bhai.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks vinodrm. I am also very new and correcting myself all the time from the angling Gurus.

But would be happy to share my learnings with you. Please let me know how can I help you.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Sandeep,
Thanks a lot for kind gesture.
My name is Vinod and my contact no is XXXXXXXXXX. (contact no deleted)
As I have already mentioned that I m very new to this hobby and does have any equipment also.
When you planning next time , please let me know in 2-3 days advance, so that will to try to join you guys.
From last 1 months reading post on this site and wanted to meet some of the senior members of mumbai angling groups like syyad bhai , Ali bhai and Santosh, etc.
At least I can watch how you guys catching the fish and learn few things from you guys about angling.
Thanks in advance.
Regards - Vinod

Post subject: Caution
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:45 pm 
Enlightened

Guys please read the guidelines of posting .. do not give any personal info on the forum