[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My experience with Angling - In Kerala - Page 2 - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Last week I went for sea fishing with Vinod and he turned absolutely lucky for me. I got 2 big Barramundi. Please find below the pics.

I applied couple of innovation this time. One was Ali Bhai's retrieving style and other one was - My hand made lure. Both of them
was super hit this time.

Uploaded with

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Good going mate. Now it will com and com.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Few more Pics -

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:40 pm 
Fishaholic

woahh ! nice nice sandip ! and the fish was still alive ? [smilie=blush.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Sandeep..Congratulation!!

It was your 100% Dedication, Hard work and Passion..which pays off.

Thanks a lot for being so kind in explaining about angling gears and other aspects of angling and for such wonderful experience…that was my first night of angling and got a chance to see such big fish catching with own eyes.

The whole experience was just terrific..no words to describe.. I will always treasure this moments throughout my life..

Once again.. many thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 pm 
Fishaholic

BRAVO !!! Well Done Sandip :D My Heartiest Congratulations to You

your quest for fish has taken you places far and wide from Gujarat to Goa and I am glad you finally got the best catches of your life at the point where you started your fishing :wink:

MY Best Wishes for much Bigger Fishes are always with you,

May you always keep hooking Big ,Bigger and the Biggest Fish that you Desire :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm 
Fishaholic

congratulations ! care to post a pic or your home made lure? was this in mumbai?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:49 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Wow Sandip..That is superb! Congrats on both barras!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:49 am 
Fishaholic

Sorry Guys for my late reply - I was out of internet access for few days.

Thanks a ton to Ralf, Samit, Mario, Giscard, whitesnapper, abraganza...

Raka - Thank you, Yes fishes were still alive...

Vinod - Thank you for your response and no need to thank me actually you are a true angling
partner and wish you many more catches soon - I am just sharing my learnings to you as the
game should always move on and move on.:)

Sayed Bhai - Thank you for your nice and inspiring comments. I am experimenting
in that area a lot and my only question to myself was "Why can not I also catch"
Lot many things to try and apply...Thank you so much once again.

Hamour - Thank you... Yes it was in mumbai... I will surely post my lure pics soon.

Arish - Thanks dude...Congrats to your recent catches also...

Omesh - Thank you SIR...Really the Barras were so beautiful - I truely love them...
Wish you many more very soon...

DeZZ - Thank you... Never mind we will meet soon... Will post my lure pics soon...

Raj - Thank you... Will post my lure pics soon.

Dr. Prasad - Thank you SIR. Same wishes to you...

Thanks,
Sandip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:52 pm 
Fishaholic

My 1st home made Lure - Top Water

Uploaded with

Note - Lot of mistakes. Then got the idea about make a through hole and cut the lure from top to it's CG.I have tried to correct this problem in my next series.

I got the inspiration to create my own version after looking through Sayed Bhai and Raj's homemade lure in on of IA post.

Please provide me your comments to make it more better.

Thanks,
Sandip

Last edited by sandip_ghosh on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Jet X Series -

Uploaded with

Jet Y Series -

Uploaded with

Note - Applied fluid dynamics to create more vibration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Barra Magnet X Series - Pic 1

Uploaded with

Barra Magnet X Series - Pic 2

Uploaded with

Barra Magnet X Series - Pic 3

Uploaded with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Barra Magnet Y Series Pic 1

Uploaded with

Barra Magnet Y Series Pic 2

Uploaded with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Catalist X Series Pic 1

Uploaded with

Catalist X Series Pic 2

Uploaded with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Sandip,
Wat do u use to shape and polish the lure?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Cool lure Sandip you have got a good talent to make them, the are in good shapes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:06 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: good catches!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:04 pm 

Great going mate. Good catches.I am not really active on the forum. Havent heard from you all this while

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Ali Bhai...The reason I could not take pics beside water is that I dont carry my cam to those places during night. But I will keep that in mind next time.

Yes, Ali Bhai I do understand why these lures work nicely on Barra specially during night... :D :D :D ...The answer lies between the similarities of all the lures... :D :D :D

Did you guys went for fishing tour recently - Not seen you active in forum these days.

After learning from you, I am coming up with my feeder and hair rig and started with my new ground bait preparation...Will wait untill my tern in paradise again... :D :D :D

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 am 
Enlightened

Dear Sandip.....the homemade lures are looking great and it is art to make all this stuff at your home i tried to make a fedder rig but failed...

You are a great artist....and i really salute you for this...a single lure if we go for buying in the market it will cost 500 bucks and it is expensive....

The fish you have caught was a treat to watch..i have visited my brothers place 2 months back and tried my luck in saltwater near mira road...But i caught only few catfish and some small fish with yellow in colour so i released the same...

Next time if i visit mumbai i will call you and fix a plan..

Take care mate....Happy fishing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Nirupam. It’s my pleasure to get such complements…Please call me before you plan for Mumbai, we will go together and try our luck.

You guys are [b]absolutely lucky[/b] to get direct call from Ali Bhai… Please learn the new carp fishing technique, ground bait and casting method from Ali Bhai and then I am sure you would be able to create your own feeder and hair rig. Although it is very tough job to create like Ali Bhai [b](The perfectionist)[/b] but we can give a try.

Thanks,
Sandip

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am 
Fishaholic

Now a days, I am not able to spend much time beside water and sometime though I have time, I could not just manage to get out for an adventure. I am sure most of the IA members must be struggling to balance family, work and their passion about angling like me. Anyway considering all these facts, I figured out the best day and thought of going for angling overnight but when the actual time came, I did not find any one to go with me. As it was pre-decided, so I wanted to execute my plan at any cost and another thing is that I really enjoy angling when I am alone. I am not sure that you guys will believe it or not but let me share my little childhood experience - When I was a little 6 years old boy, one dark night around 2 or 3 AM, I alone went out of my village house to feel how things work during night time. I roamed around the paddy fields and the bank of the small river and kind of enjoyed the night in my own way. Finally I came back home in the morning. While coming back I saw my entire family was crying thinking that some ghost soul might have taken me away and they might not be able to see me alive anymore. Almost half of my village people started searching for me – even they started searching the ponds also.
Anyway coming back to the point - I took the last ferry and started walking down into the dark and bushy area. After a while I saw few pair of eyes coming towards me and instantly I put my torch on and found few dogs. Then I through some stone and they went back but started barking. Without wasting time I moved forward and after crossing some bushy area some intense noise started getting louder - seemed like rattle snake noise (May be some Viper snake - not sure and never seen them). I stopped there and light up one Wills Navy Cut and changed my direction to avoid the way, the sound was coming from. After another 10 – 15 mins I reached Main Rock. The night was so beautiful, I cannot explain and the roar of sea waves was just breaking the silence of the night. Then I had my dinner peacefully on the rocks under the shinning sky but my eyes were searching for big sea monsters. After enjoying the moment for few hours, I started casting again and again but no luck. I tried almost all lures but not results – There were no feeding as well. I was trying but without much attention on my lure and suddenly noticed a big ripple on the left side. I quickly changed the place and started casting again and again but no luck. Nothing was working so I decided to try with my homemade lure – On third cast I got a huge pull and actually saw big water wave surrounded my lure – instantaneously I gave the jerk and set hook. Then the ever waiting moment begun it started taking my line like anything and seemed like 100 meter line would be gone quickly. I have 100 meter braid line and after that another 100 meter mono was joined. So if the fish took away more than 100 meter then there would be huge possibility to lose the fish. So I tighten the drag a bit and slowly started retrieving and finally the monster came out after little more fight. That was the best fight so far. Then I had to gaff the fish all alone which was really a challenge. Finally I landed the 22.2 Kg silver beauty – that was the longest night in my life and something to be remembered forever.
Please find the picture below -

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Thanks for your time,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:58 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sandip thats a real whooper. Wish you many more .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 am 
Fishaholic

To start with ur write up, ur childhood part was good 'kya daring hai boss' going alone in the paddy feild at night and coming back in the morning :(

Yeah its true somtimes that you get to do the best fishing alone. many may not agree considering the dangers of being alone. But having a partner along is a true pleasure. At that moment u have somone to share ur joy with, or else u have to wait till u share the photographs. but another fact remains is that finding a dedicated and trust worthy partner is very difficult. :(

Ur dedication towards Barra is really giving me alot of insipiration. I have kept my hopes intact even though i hav still not got my first Barra.

And for the fish man
Superb is not the word.
Shore fishing and landing this monster. Awesom.
Big Congratulations.

My best wishes for more monster. Hope someday you hook the Barra with barnacle on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am 
Fishaholic

The barras are huge. Good fishing there. Congrts for the fish caght and happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:55 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulation brother… that’s really huge one…

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Congrats Sandeep
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm