[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
My experience with Angling - In Kerala - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

Few months before, I started exploring sea fishing with very little knowledge but with a dream of catching Barramundi. First started with bait fishing and caught some Cat. Then thought of using my fresh water fishing experience and caught some small species using float. Slowly I got bored as I could not catch any big one. Then I called Sayed Bhai and expressed my dream and asked him for suggestion. As usual Sayed Bhai suggested me only 3 wonderful Lure but I was also advised to learn casting before trying with lure. Here onwards my journey began.

I started exploring places during Weekends with my angling friends Sagar, Steve and most of the time alone but no luck. Mean while my Grandmother passed away and I was very much depressed - the entire day I was thinking about my childhood days with my Dadi - My heart shaken and brain was not at all working. In the evening I went alone to Marve and was feeling like the darkness is dissolving my appearance from the rest of the world. All on a sudden I heard one wired sound like throwing big stone into the water and then saw some small fishes were jumping here and there - my first real time experience with Barra feeding. I called Sayed Bhai and he nicely explained the fact. This experience boosts up my will power once again. I was trying like anything day and night but again no luck - I can see Barras were feeding but not taking my lure. I started using my brain and tried to find the solution of unknown equation...I put together all my known & unknown variables and thinking why the Barras are not taking my lure - Then I tried to discover how Barras were haunting- maybe I am wrong with my concept but I think that worked.

Finally last week I managed to hook properly a good size Barra. I would say with very little effort, I landed the below beauty – This was the best moment and the motivation factor of my madness. :D :D :D This is my first Barramundi and I would like to dedicate it to Sayed Bhai - the man behind the scene always.

Uploaded with

Thanks to all of you for spending your time.

Thanks,
Sandip (“Believe in yourself”)

Last edited by sandip_ghosh on Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sandeep, that is a very nice barra. :)

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:40 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats ... nice fish . wish u many more !

" I can see Barras were feeding but not taking my lure. I started using my brain and tried to find the solution of unknown equation...I put together all my known & unknown variables and thinking why the Barras are not taking my lure - Then I tried to discover how Barras were haunting- maybe I am wrong with my concept but I think that worked. "

So what was the solution "that worked" ..... pls share :D :D

cheers
samit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:44 am 
Fishaholic

Nice barra there. Congrats for the fish caught and happy fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm 
Fishaholic

First of all, my condolences for the great loss you suffered. May god give you strength to bear the loss of your grand ma. May god bless the departed sprit.

Congratulations on landing a very nice Barra, that too in your time of distress. Well done Sandeep.

Regards,

Ali.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm 
Enlightened

Congrats Buddy,
Finally Sayed Bhai's Barra Coaching Classes at Marve is giving out good Result. [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

This week two more of my friends has joined the Lion's Barra Club of Marve, I will introduced them to you soon. You are the top scorer of this class now. Keep it UP Bro. Celebrations on The Horizon.

Last edited by sagar_mane on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:53 pm 
Fishaholic

nice one sandeep ,,,kamo ashe baro ashe na,,,very nice dude,, keep it up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:54 pm 
Fishaholic

why are you so serious on your snap dude cheer up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you just caught the first barra of your life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:10 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Nice Barra
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:59 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 am 
Fishaholic

I would like to say something before my reply to all our Indian Anglers. A very new angler can catch a big fish all on a sudden (Like me) but again a very finest angler might not get anything for a long time – That’s why we all call out that fishing is sport with uncertainty and luck factor. So my message to all fellow angler those who are desperate to catch their 1st Barra is - "Believe in yourself, be confident that you can catch big fish and keep trying and finally let your experience teach you."

I know few people who are catching fishes for their entire life without even posting any single catch and they are only happy with their momentary feeling. I post here to know each other and to learn fishing and off course when finest anglers like you pray for me and give me well wishes, I really get motivated.

Note – I forgot to mention Denis’s name in my post who actually helped me to take the fish out of the water. Thank you Denis for your help – If you were not there then it would have been a difficult situation to do it all alone.

Thanks to " Santosh, spoonangler, Mario,Giscard, surf.angler, teritex, hamour, Steve, raj, abraganza " for spending your time and for your good words.

Samit - Thank you for your comment. Solution was given in the statement itself - "how Barras were haunting" - We need to imagine and find out the locus before you cast your lure.

Ali Bhai – Thank you for your pray and wishes. Lot to learn from you SIR.

Sayed Bhai – Thank you Guruji. May your wishes come true. Little correction on your reply to Tiger :D Kamon acho bondhu ?? Bhalo acho na ??:) :D :D :D You are a very good observer SIR and your guess is also right. :D :D :D ;

Sagar – Dude I think we both are conjugate to each other – I mean we both are lucky for each other. You know what I mean.:) Lets plan for this weekend buddy…

MERWYNTIGER – Thank you SIR… Seems like you need a Bengali teacher in your school. :D :D :D Actually Sayed Bhai pointed out the reason for my serious face while kidding…hehehe..

Dmelloralf – Thank you for your good words. I have replied to your PM.

dr. Prasad - Thank you SIR… Join us sometime in Marve – Together we will try our luck.

aamir bhavnagri – Hope your wishes come true…Lure – Skitter pop – I think that’s the best one…

Arish – Good to see your comments man…

Angling4Fun – Thank you… My tackle is the cheapest one - Daiwa Combo Set- 2 Pieces 10Ft (Rs – 3300 – 3500). Initially I did not want to invest lot of money in buying tackle – But I think this will go long way with me but seems like time has come to go for better quality reel and line. This rod is very hard and very hard for a fish to bend it – That’s why I am little worried about this rod – But will try until it betrays me. 

Teritex – Thank you SIR.

Omesh.Moorjani – Thank you for your reply – I am really delighted. I completely agree with your comments about Sayed Bhai. My request would be – Please post your reply to new angler’s like me at least to motivate them. This way good thing will continue forever and new comers can take this as a platform and will grow – and finally history will repeat once again. I always remember that I came to know about you, Sayed Bhai, Ali Bhai, Arish, Apoo and so and so from this forum only. Although I have not yet met you but I can relate you from Sayed Bhai’s post.

Thanks,
Sandip
(Let’s make this place heaven guys. Nothing last forever - only memories remain)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sandip...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks venkatesan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Another picture of the same fish as my brother requested -

Uploaded with

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:13 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:02 am 
Fishaholic

surf.angler - Thank you... Surely we will meet when ever your are ready...

Thank you Vashi Mako...

Hey ralf - Although bottles are not shown in this pic but
I could not hide from you... :D :D :D
I have seen your post and saw your awesome MJ's...Keep it up...

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: