[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Meet The Mum-Bhai’s .. May Fishing – New Pics :) - Page 7 - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Forum rules

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:15 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:45 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Trip to Cauvery.

Javed bhai, a dear friend that he is invited me to join him for a trip to Cauvery for Mahseer fishing.

We talked about the trip when we went to konkan in October, but due to work load I was not very sure if I could make it, in the end I somehow managed to finish lot of year end work and booked my air tickets just two days before the trip. (I am glad I made it :D ).

The tackle was packed, and our vehicle with all the gear left Mumbai a day early on the morning of 15th.

The next five days was one of the best fishing experience I had. Plenty of fish were landed including my personal best Mahaseer.

The water was still very high, and under the circumstances I guess we did pretty good.

Apart from the fishing, the beautiful river surrounded with forest and abundant wild life made the experience even more richer. :-)

The early morning calls of various bird, the calls of jungle fowl, the sound of water running down the rapids, two very angry bears in a fight, the deer callings in the night, sightings of various wild animals like wild boars, deer's, crocodiles, I don’t think it can get any better than this.

The tactics for mahseer down south are a lot different to any fishing I had done so far. One can actually play cricket with those hard ragi balls.. :lol: . I also broke one of by surf rod trying to cast the big ragi ball and the heavy lead.

The high for me on this trip was landing a 40 LB fish on 20 lb tackle.

Since big fish were not biting that morning, I decided to have some fun with small fish & soft ragi as bait ..took my 3 pc, 7 ft travel rod of 10 – 25 Lb paired with shimano bait-runner loaded with 20 lb mono.

I really enjoyed the fight, the mahseer in fast flowing river is some beast. I was surprised how these fish use the river current and rocks to their advantage. Very intelligent.

Almost all my fish came on 20 lb tackle (and all of the big ones). Lots of 10 lb ones, some in the range of 15 – 20 lb and a couple of 25 – 30 lb and one 40 LB.

One more 45 – 50 lb fish was hooked by someone else but I got to fight it in the end to land it.

I enjoyed fishing on the Cauvery so much that I am planning to go back ASAP. I want one 65 – 70 LB + fish and the adrenaline rush when the mighty Mahseer takes a powerful run down the rapids.

Till then, I will happily live with the priceless memories.. of the beautiful river.

Lots of picture to share, but for now my PB Mahseer. I have not seen a more beautiful fish, from its eyes, to the fins, a perfect creation.

Regards,

Santosh

Last edited by santosh on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

once again ..... BEAUTIFUL !

congrats and share the other pics too mate.

cheers
samit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm 
Fishaholic

very beautifull catch. Hope to see some very beautifull pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:20 pm 
Fishaholic

such as the hook setup, ingredients for ragi bait and the tactics that are practiced in Kavery for mahseer fishing :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:08 pm 
Fishaholic

To be honest, what works there may or may not work else elsewhere..

I do not have much knowledge of the bait and tactics, and I don’t wish to share what I am not sure about.

If I can, I will ask you to accompany me on my next trip.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:17 pm 
Fishaholic

This is ok Santosh,

Thanks for Inviting,

Insha Allah! I will see if I get a chance to meet you up in Galibore in your next trip.

Regards
Arish :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:01 pm 
Fishaholic

great report and fantastic fishing :D waiting for more pictures. from what i know galiborai is fully booked this season. are there other places on the cauvery where we can fish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:33 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Congratz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject: Re: Congratz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Some Pictures..

Early morning at Bangalore Airport

First fish..

This fish was hooked by another angler but I got the chance to fight, clear all snags and land it. A good 45-50 LB fish

Before.. :-)

After.. :twisted:

Waiting for some more pics to reach me.. will upload it later.. :D

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:41 pm 

Congratulations again, what a fabulous trip, with the water that high you realy did do very well. I am very envious. :lol:

All the best,

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:00 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:04 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:27 am 

My dear Santosh,

Its the being there that I am envious of ... I havent fished the kaveri since 2004 and to see it so beautifuly portrayed in your photos made me hanker to be back. The shots of camp and your action photos sum the place up to a tee for me and by your writing of the noises of the jungle and the sights you saw you obviosly "got" the place. Some people dont, and the essence of staying at Galliborai passes them by.

You have had what I class as a very good result, gorgeous surroundings, good company and some very good fish. The shot of your forty is one of the best Mahseer images I have seen in a long time, hats off to captor and cameraman.

Here's wishing you more trips of this calibre, both salty and fresh,

Cheers

Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks you Mario, Arish & ralph..:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:23 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Rich :-)

I second what you say. Fish is just a part of angling. The places you go, the friends you make, the way you connect with nature.. All this make angling such a fabulous sport.

I am going back for sure.

Wishing you happy fishing and good luck in the coming year. (Hope to see you fishing the Cauvery in 2012).

Regards,

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 pm 
Fishaholic

A very beautiful fish indeed. Wow, this place is really amazing. Though I had heard the complete story and seen the pictures before, these images and discription is still thrilling.

Keep on doing it... And a big congratulation on your pb mahseer.

Regards,

Ali. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm 
Fishaholic

very happy for you santosh! conratulations .. sorry a bout the surf rod.. beautiful pics and great fish there! all the beast with the next trip!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:26 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats buddy. The pics were amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Awesome catches and very beautiful pics - seems like a complete fishing trip from nuts to soup...

Congrats Santosh and the Gang...

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Awesome Santo,

You were in Bangalore, should have given a call atleast. Great fishes, nice suroundings. Loved those before and after pics :)

-Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:53 am 
Fishaholic

Just for record, I do not think you will be putting your thumb in the mighty jaws of these mahseers again... :twisted:

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ali, Sandip, Daryl, Apoo & Inder..:)

Sorry Inder, had to plan my trip at the last moment. I am planing to come back around 1st week of March. :)

Regards,

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:13 am 
Fishaholic

First of all im really very sorry for the late reply to this post... reason is; the pics and the report is such that i couldnt find exact words to express my feelings..

the word which can describe it the best is 'beautiful'

the place is beautiful...

the birds are beautiful..

the animals are beautiful....

the way pics are taken is beautiful...

and the mahseers are the most beautiful mahseers i have ever seen...

the fishes are in very good condition, well fed and really clean... so scars, no sliced fins... nothing.. they are just perfectly beautiful..

congrates Santo, and thanks alot for sharing such wonderful pics...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 am 
Fishaholic

Thank you Mr. Sydney ..:)) And wish you a very happy 2012.

Thanks Dr. Prasad.. :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next