[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
MY FIRST BARRA - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:41 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:41 pm 
Enlightened

................................................................................................MY FIRST BARRA..........................................................................................

On Saturday morning 7.30 am , I got a call from my new Angler friend Sandip Gosh , Sandip was recently introduced to me by none other than the undisputed Barra King and M J master of Mumbai " LIONHEART " :D while reading his posts again n again I too got inspired to go fishing regardless of the time and tide , and it was agreed between Sandip & me to go fishing on Saturday morning , at 7.30 am my all charged up new fishing partner called to say he was ready :-) I quickly gathered my tackle , met Sandip and we headed to Marve, we purchased some prawns which was much costlier than it should be in actual. On reaching Marve beach at 8:45 am I made my rig as previously instructed by Mr. Lion Heart for making a rig, I attached the small carp hook just one on my fishing line (I was told by many that the rod and reel I am carrying is not useful) as I was scared to loose my rod or reel. The pressure of wind was low and I threw my line in the peaceful waves. All I was doing is retrieving my line and casting it as far as possible.
I was doing the same thing every time. Throwing and retrieving my line after sometime to check the bait . There were some localities when they saw my rod and reel and the bait and told me with evil smile that this wont work as the bait are too small and the rod, reel and line wont work.. They told me to check the hand liners for their setup. Still I was on my decision not to lose hope and started again. Finally I got to hook up something big. My friend Sandip was overjoyed to see my fishing rod bend. But I was really upset to know what I had caught.:-( As I have loosen up the drag I came to know what was there. I took the line out and found that there was a big plastic bag. I was little depressed. I told myself that from so many weeks I am going to fish but could not land up even a small catfish. Still without losing any more time cursing myself and thinking about the plastics. I put the new bait and threw my line in the water. By the time it was 12.30 pm and I was bit tired of doing the same thing. Incoming tide started and the sinker of my line started to move with the water current. I though that lets retrieve my line and wait for some time for a smoke.

With little depression I started retrieving my line. As I was thinking to put one more hook on my line as one hook with bait on my line was not working. My line was just about on 15 to 20 meters away I could see my bait still attached to hook was on the surface as I retrieving the line it came on surface. Suddenly there was a explosive bang on the water and something took my bait , I gave a jerk to set the hook and shouted out to Sandip " I think I have hooked one" . He came closer to the water to see what it was. My cheap chinese telecopic fishing rod Red Wolf had bent completely as if it was about to break in a minute. And was reel was screaming like it will start burning any minute. I started retrieving it fast and also started moving back. Finally I landed it on the shore [smilie=happydance.gif] This was my First Fish and it was a Barramundi [smilie=happydance.gif]

Friends , Anglers and Gentlemen I present to you my First catch a Baramundi from marve beach :D

Immediately when the fish was landed I left the fish on the ground and called Sayed bhai to convey him the big news and he was truly overjoyed and in the meanwhile the barra was thrasing and rolling on the ground he wrapped my line all around him and while removing the line, the barra was badly injured as you can see in the pics so we decided not to release it back as it will not survive those cuts

That night me and Sandip we both enjoyed the tasty barra which was beautifully fried at Sandip's place ( thank you Sandip ) .
Mr. Loin Heart (Sayed Bhai) it was your words, you have told me many times don’t worry you will land up the fish using this rod and reel. Your words came true. I am really thankful to you to guide me and to encourage me every time, every where, whenever I was feeling low in this sport.

Also big thanks to Sandip my fishing partner and best of luck to him to open his barra account with a much bigger fish :D

Barra Bank Marve beach ki Jai Ho [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=superkewl.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:51 pm 
Fishaholic

great start .... congratulations mate !

cheers .. samit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:15 pm 
Enlightened

Many congratulations pal! Wish you many many more :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sagar.. that is a nice barra.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:14 pm 
Fishaholic

nice catch sagar, may you catch many more :D its my dream to catch a barramundi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch Sagar.

Its amazing that you hooked one while bait fishing on a dead line. Great stuff.

Seems like it was a incomming tide.

Congrats once again buddy and wish you a monster next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty congrats sagar. Nice fish!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Sagar!!!

Persistence paid off.

Keep it up and keep the faith.

Sanjay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 am 

Congrats..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:40 am 
Fishaholic

Thats a very fine fish to start your account Sagar... many congratulations to you...

regards,

Dr. Prasad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 am 
Enlightened

My Best wishes Sagar, Mate. Great job on Landing your FIRST EVER BARRA. Wishing you many more to come!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 am 

Congrats Sagar! A fine fish to start off with...

I am sure all your weekends from now on will be fully booked :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am 
Fishaholic

@jaguar.runs >> I second that taught.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 am 
Fishaholic

Wooo Sagar, you are the man!

That really great to hear that you caught your first fish and its Barra! [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Wish you many more tight lines to come in the coming days....

Do stick to advice from Sayed bhai always

Thank for sharing the pic. :P

Regard
Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:48 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Re: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Many many congratulation to my fishing partner Sagar.
We both have seen each other's excitement under the same sky - It was awesome experience when I saw Sagar's fishing rod bent and formed an arc shape. By that time I stoped my fishing and started watching Sagar in action.

Thanks a lot Sagar for taking me fishing with you and giving me the practical experience on how to land a big size Barra with a very simple rod and hook - You have got great skills Man.

Partner, Hope we will plan for our next trip soon.

And offcourse Sayeed Bhai is the one man behind the screen always. Thank you Sayeed Bhai for your guiding hand.

Thanks,
Sandip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 pm 
Fishaholic

congrats!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:11 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:54 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:33 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Hearty Congratulations Sagar for your First Baramundi!

A very nice Report as well. Thanks for sharing your joy and pictures.

Regards,

Arun

Post subject: Re: MY FIRST BARRA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:57 pm 
Enlightened

Hello guys....