->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fish ID again !!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:27 pm 

What a beautiful start to the season.
Caught using a paste bait (dough and chana i.e.dry burned chick peas)

All expertise are welcome to IDENTIFY the fish!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats Allan its a Mullet ,
You can also use bread as bait or small white shrimps { jawla local name} to target these fish they are very [smilie=yum.gif] Yummy , have caught hundreds of them on 16feet long bamboo poles from the edge of the rocks, they can be found in both freshwater as well as saltwater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm 

Mullet it is... :-)

Thank You.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:04 am 
Fishaholic

I do not know what freshwater fish this is, but I can assure you that it is NOT a mullet (at least not a sea-going one). Perhaps some of our freshwater experts will be able to tell you exactly what fish this is.

Guys if someone is asking a question about a fish ID, please read the question, understand the geography of where it was caught at least. Then make an educated guess and if you are not sure what fish it is and want to make a suggestion, please use "I think it is a so n so" or something on those lines, rather than an emphatich declaration of what it is. We are here to help people and not mislead them, this is not a thrashy forum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I presume that this fish was caught in Meghalaya. That is where Meghalaya lies, it would take a flying mullet to get there! Or it could take national waterway number 2 And with all the regional political problems there it would have an identity crisis anyway :lol:

Last edited by Bobby on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:55 am 
Fishaholic

It suerly is not a mullet. Looks like some thing localy called as Mirgal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm 
Fishaholic

The first though that appeared to me was that it might be a grass carp or mirgal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 am 

mailme.mario and arish are both right in calling this a mrigal. I would vouch for it to be part of the Cirrhinus group but am not so sure this is a mrigala.

Allan did you catch this from a river or at Barapani (Umiam Lake) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:55 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby!

I love the "Flying Mullet". I think we'll all call it that from now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:05 pm 
Fishaholic

My money is on Mrigal.. But I would love to call it "Flying Mullet" with identity crisis ... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:21 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
My money is on Mrigal.. But I would love to call it "Flying Mullet" with identity crisis ... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am 
Fishaholic

Flying mullet!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:16 am 

flying mullet or mrigal...its a beautiful river fish... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 am 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:

:P

Post subject: Bobby daarrling
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

Allan had asked for some info on a fish and as I was online that very moment , I replied to the post . Honestly I was pretty sure of it as a mullet so I passed on the info and even suggested the baits to be used to target the fish
if I am wrong and someone points me that!! I am most happy to stand corrected isn't this what this forum promotes ---> sharing knowledge , Views , Ideas and Comments about fish & fishing enthusiasts
I'm flesh and blood to the bone
I'm not made of stone
I've got a right to be wrong
My mistakes will make me strong
So just leave me alone

And bobby in all my posts of fishing trips seldom have I seen you appreciating my catches but you never missed any opportunity to attack me unjustly ,
May I ask what grudge are you holding against me and why ??? :x :evil:

your accusations of Me misleading and trashing the forum are totally unwarranted and uncalled
Dude leave Meghalaya !!! you don't even know your own backward properly
I would like to remind you that sometime back in this thread you too had made an emphatich declaration
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=#44223
Bobby wrote:
Try Masjid Bander area in Grant Road in Bombay,

Everyone in Mumbai knows that grant road is well known for a redlight area bustling with prostitutes but no tackle shops !!! and there you were misguiding an innocent new angler from a far off state to that wretched place ??? :shock: :shock:
Can we say that you were also misleading people and trashing the forum !!! Instead I choose a gentle & jolly manner to remind you of your mistake
Bobby wrote:
lionheart wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Tr y Masjid Bander area in Grant Road in Bombay, yes there are tackle shops in Goa. When you get there ask around someone will help you. Goa offers some decent tackle.

Hello there Bobby :lol: :lol: You seems to have forgotten a bit about Aamchi Mumbai :wink:
Masjid bunder area falls in the harbour line of Central railway tracks which is very close to the famous VT station now known as CST
Whereas Grant Road station and area falls on the western railway tracks leading to Churchgate station
Masjid is the place :!:
Although something Fishy is always going on in Grant road :twisted: :lol: one can only damage his rod by going there :lol: :lol:

OOPS!! Thanks mate :oops: :oops: :oops: but any one looking for a guide around those fishy places, please contact the LION :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again your last lines were in a very bad taste and if I would have replied then you wouldn't have liked it
Again during the oil spill of Mumbai you made another emphatich declaration , then snapped out at me for no reason and apologised later
http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=3074
Bobby wrote:
Guys,
It was an accident and I believe it was the Chirta that ran into the other vessel, however for the money these guys make they must be held fully accountable for things like that.
................................................................................................................
Lionheart,

May be I mis-read and misinterpreted your comments, I have edited/deleted my posts. My apologies.

Regards,
Bobby

Hence I would request you to be discreet with your suggestions in future
And Bobby Daarrrling for God's sake stop taking those oriental medicine pills { if you are taking any } they too can give you identity crisis like the flying Mullet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by lionheart on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 am 
Fishaholic

The mods need to put a page on forum etiquettes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:51 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Lionheart!

Let me start by saying you gave me a good laugh and a scare early in the morning. A laugh because you are a very funny guy. And a scare because 'funny' can also mean strange.

Please mate you need to get a sense of humour. I assure you nobody was or is taking the mickey out of you because you identified a fish wrongly. (I do it all the time and also screw up with snakes. Mistaking a russel viper for a python was my last one).

Instead you should be happy you gave the entire IA fraternity the Flying Mullet. None of us have contributed so much.

Also regarding a certain area in Mumbai famous for its night life, when I lived in Mumbai I also went there to buy equipment. Though the price and quality always made me feel alike all the 'other' customers that visit the area. Very screwed, that is.

Regarding Bobby. I know the bloke and have spent some time with him. Let e assure you he is not the type to pick on or target anyone. Sure there is some friction between you two. And you my friend have kept a good record of the same. But please put yourself above these things and forgive and forget.

Now to clear the air I want these words to be the last on the matter. So here goes.

Lionheart, please meet Bobby, a very fine fellow and a good angler.

Bobby, please meet Lionheart, also a very fine fellow and a good angler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
Dear Lionheart!

Let me start by saying you gave me a good laugh and a scare early in the morning. A laugh because you are a very funny guy. And a scare because 'funny' can also mean strange.

Please mate you need to get a sense of humour. I assure you nobody was or is taking the mickey out of you because you identified a fish wrongly. (I do it all the time and also screw up with snakes. Mistaking a russel viper for a python was my last one).

Instead you should be happy you gave the entire IA fraternity the Flying Mullet. None of us have contributed so much.

Regarding Bobby. I know the bloke and have spent some time with him. Let e assure you he is not the type to pick on or target anyone. Sure there is some friction between you two. And you my friend have kept a good record of the same. But please put yourself above these things and forgive and forget.

Now to clear the air I want these words to be the last on the matter. So here goes.
Lionheart, please meet Bobby, a very fine fellow and a good angler.

Bobby, please meet Lionheart, also a very fine fellow and a good angler

Only two words Misleading and Trashing the forum had hurt me which led to the above reply otherwise I was cool as a cucumber
I too don't like frictions as we all know the :twisted: devil is always ready to convert frictions to flames :P :P { may he never rest in peace :twisted: }
I agree totally with your words M'ken since You know Bobby more better
My best Wishes for Big Fishes to both of You
Thank You Mr Kenneth you are indeed a wise [smilie=the_judge.gif]

And I will also be calling it a flying Mullet :P :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Mirgil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Flying Mullet and the Top Diplomat on IA people.... wooooohoooo... what finds ??? Hahahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 am 
Fishaholic

And they all fished happyly ever after !!

lets make this happen.

Cheers.

Regards.

Omesh

Post edited and as Appo pointed out, don,t post irrelevant comments on advice of moderators.

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:32 am 
Fishaholic

Let it rest Omeshji... let it rest !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:58 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Omesh,

Whatever had happened, is between Bobby and Lionheart. Mken as a moderator has asked everyone to cool off and as a rule you are not supposed to post anything like this since Bobby himself is a moderator. I am posting this as i am a moderator too.

Cheers buddy,
Apoo