->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm 

Hi All,

Its been a week I returned to Doha from my wonderful vacation back Home.
Almost every other day I wanted to go fishing but was afraid of my mom and wife :D ... although I had less chance but I could manage to have some real good fishing time.

This is the pond where I fished most of the time in Hyderabad, located near Hakeempet Kunta of Tolichowki. You can see Ducks getting ready for a fight with water snake.

Duck chasing snake away from its home

One Big Tilapia I caught using treble hooks and flour as bait

Its not that clean due to duck weed and waste thrown by locals but it has plenty of Gold Fish(Carp), Tilapia and few Giant Catla

Siraj(guy on left) is an expert at catching Carp and its the first time I saw this big carp being caught in that pond(I heard that there are 9 KG carps too) ... guy on right is my cousin.

Then I went to Visakhapatnam to visit my grand parents, took out time to visit Meghadri Gadda Dam(angling paradise) ... its full of Huge Catla, Rohu, Murrel and Carp ... I had very less time so could not fish for big one but caught a Rohu using earthworm as bait(which is rare)

Next day I went to the same spot and this time targeting only Rohu with Treble hook and Flour mixed with Vanilla essence as bait and caught this one ...

Returned back to Hyderabad and after a week I decided to catch some carp in our same old pond and got lucky with this small one, took a snap and released it back

While waiting for carps to bite my bait I had my floater missing so when I pulled my line up I found this Turtle which was hooked on.

One more, smaller and beautiful turtle caught on the same spot ... completely un-intended ... both of them were kept as pets by my friend.

By the time I was fishing my friend siraj caught one Indian Shag using fishing line.

There was one big Catla splashing water ever couple of hours so Siraj decided to catch it any way and casted his nets ... After few hours a huge one got caught in net and was dragging the net to bottom of pond(18ft deep) ... with all difficultly it was almost brought to the shore but it just slipped away tearing the net :( ...

Next day Siraj castes his nets as well as borrowed some nets from local fishermen and castes them too ... waited for two days with no fish caught and on the third day morning I got a call from Siraj that a Big Catla is caught ... when I went there it was a Giant Catla Catla ... weighing about 15 KG ... here is the pic of that fish

My brother posing with the Giant Catla in Siraj's house

Thats all folks, my vacation had a happy ending :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice report and a nice place for angling too..........

cheers and keep posting.
Manish Nagpur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Many Congratulation

where there is a will there is a BIG KATLA :P

Good catches always make anglers happier

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm 

Good catch. Congratulation and best of luck for your next trip.

Siddique

Post subject: Congratulation
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:41 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Luqman,

Nice to see that you had a good times for fishing :-) and congratulation for such catches :D

that monster Catla looks so damn big :shock: this might be the same fish which i heard from one of my friend who told me about one big fish caught near shaikpet which is very next to Hakeempet Kunta in recent time!

those pics of Ducks chasing away snake are cool and thank for sharing. :)

Quote:
Almost every other day I wanted to go fishing but was afraid of my mom

Same to me too but what i would like to say is "Maa Ki Kirkiri" :lol:

BTW is there still fishes left :?: :?: in Hakeempet Kunta so that i will try my luck there

Arish!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:44 pm 
Enlightened

nice catch . wonderful report keep up :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14 pm 
Enlightened

nice really nice......

you had a great trip mate.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 pm 

Thank you for your comments manishgin, fishergomian, Siddique, arish, apoo, vishnucochin, Mr Big Fish.

@Arish, there are plenty of fish still available. Go ahead and try your luck. Try at Himayathsagar too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:29 pm 
Fishaholic

A very nice report and some very fine photographs.

Wish you would have caught that catla on a rod and reel. That would have been a fabulous catch.

Congratulations on some very entertaining fishing.

Regards,

Ali. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:45 pm 

@angler_ali,
Ali bhai, thank you for your comments and as a matter of fact I tried the feeder which I ordered on ebay but it got stuck in, I also tried a Hair rig with Home made boilies(Wheat Husk, Wheat flour, Eggs, Rasgulla Syrup) but there were no bites. Hopefully I will try these things at big Dams :) ... there is always lot to learn from you and other experienced anglers here.