->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:12 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Tiger's First Chonak
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:33 pm 
Fishaholic

hi there guys ,,been a long time since i was thinking of posting the story of my first barra and some snaps too,,,,,here goes my story...
:lol: dec 2007 ,i had gone for sightseeing with a friend to some part of konkan,,,as usual i was asking about deep water rocky spots,,,so he suggeested one spot and we proceeded there,,i was impress with the place and i decided i will give this place a try next saturday / sunday.on saturday at 12 00 at night we reached this spot ,,me and my two friends full tide new moon,,,those days i was not doing spinning ,,we were into bait fishing,,,so we had taken sardines for bait.my firends got rigged first and cast using small pieces of sardine bait thinking that they ll catch small fish first for the curry,,hahahaha,
my philosphy is different,, i was always fish for the big one,,,feast fishing,,big fish or no fish i don,t care,,so i ways use full sardine big hook and wait for the big mama ,unlike my buddys,so after one minute of my buddy,s casting i did my first cast with full sardine,i felt the sardine hit the water and i felt it must have slipped off the hook so i begin to reel in after 3 seconds,,,bang something jumped out of water twice and my reel stated sceaming,,,man it is pure ectasy when your reel starts to sing the tune you have been wating to hear for so long ,,,fish on,,the fish makes 3 runs of 20 metres and then it surfaces near the rock i am fishing,,i say at the top of my voice "" arre chonak muureeeeeeeeeeeeee,"',<in konkani language my mother tongue> :lol: :lol: yupppy :lol: i am jumping like a kid who has won a prize for chistmas party,,then my friend went near the fish to gaff it,,first he misses three times to gaff the fish,,my heart comes in my mouth,,then one wave bring the fish really high and then he gaffed the fish,, what a relief,,then i take the gaff with the fish on ,,,and i start dancing on the rocks in the middle of the night like a man posessed,,then next day celebration time in my village, i cut the fish and give all my neigbours and friends,,a piece of my chonak,,,,felt like a proud guy,,,hehehe :Pthe reel used daiwa kastor and light boat rod,,with .60 mm line bait full sardine,, well i have posted picture of the baarra and also one of my mj i caught those days,guys i hope you enjoyed my post,,one snap is of a crocodile rescue in goa where the croc had entered private pond from a river,,,
also i have posted the snap where i caught the first barra ,please don,t mind my bare it all pose with the snapper,how,s the place i caught that barra, guys and also i forgot to weigh the fish in the celebration :lol:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/348/scan002m.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3310/scan005g.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3559/scan003y.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1152/scan007z.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7154/scan006.jpg :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:10 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Barra man and great account! hope you manage to catch many more like it!

see you bro, Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks man where are you pm me your no,,,great fishing you doing in uk ,,,when you come to goa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Merwyn,

Nice barra.

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Merwyn,

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the pics. What took you so long to post these pics?

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 am 
Fishaholic

Good One Merwyn tat size is just right for the table Fillet with Rechade masala.........Muahhhhhhhhhhh:)Hey buts what up with the Croc trying to walk him like a dog....You sure have heads turning walking along Baga....with the croc ,Goa's own "Crocodile Dundee"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am 
Fishaholic

Nice story. And happy to know how u felt about your first barra. Congrats there are still more go get them mooreey!!!!!. And post some good stories and pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 am 
Fishaholic

heliox1965 wrote:
Good One Merwyn tat size is just right for the table Fillet with Rechade masala.........Muahhhhhhhhhhh:)Hey buts what up with the Croc trying to walk him like a dog....You sure have heads turning walking along Baga....with the croc ,Goa's own "Crocodile Dundee"
that,s a fine idea walking on baga beach with the croc,,, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hmm Tiger,

Now you are talking huh... See I guessed it right in my previous post ha ha ha ha LMAO.
PM me the location if it was close to S'Wadi. I have a strange feeling that I know this place. But would love to fish together once I am on vacation in March 2011 (Most Probably)

Congrats on the fishes.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Tiger congrats on your Barra.

Great going buddy.

And INDIA has its own Crock Hunter. :lol: :lol:

Wish you many more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 pm 
Fishaholic

:twisted: :twisted: Ha ha ha and you said you were shy of posting your pics on IA ,
just three posts and now you are boldly revealing your fishing secrets :twisted: :twisted:

Congrats tiger [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] waiting for your next posts ,keep em comming :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

I guess we all felt the same with our first barra :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

nice one TIGER... And am sure that that belly of yours has seen quite a few fish in its time :lol: :lol:

GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
nice one TIGER... And am sure that that belly of yours has seen quite a few fish in its time :lol: :lol:

GRC

I'm in splits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:

GRC

quite a few hundreds of MJs :lol: :lol: [smilie=dunceblock.gif] :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Fishaholic

.... and a few JD's, I suppose [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
.... and a few JD's, I suppose [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Tight Lines,
GRC

Nah GRC. Thats URRAK for sure :)
TIGER dying to take a sip of URRAK mate. If you can courier somehow :)

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Beautiful fish. The crocodile looks like a saltwater crocodile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats for the nice barra Merwyn. Hope you catch many more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Fantastic fish and great account of the trip. Do you realise you actually got your first Chonak spinning. Great mate. We have to go fishing together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 pm 
Fishaholic

That sure is a nice Barra, Merwyn.

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:19 am 

Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am 
Fishaholic

BritAngler wrote:

Better than Liverpool eh? Now that could be any shirt. Merwyn! You could be wearing a 'Barbie plays soccer' shirt mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:16 am 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
BritAngler wrote:

Better than Liverpool eh? Now that could be any shirt. Merwyn! You could be wearing a 'Barbie plays soccer' shirt mate.

Or Merwyn ! you could be wearing a ' Barbie plays Ball'------->{ baseball} :wink:

Last edited by lionheart on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
Mahaseerken wrote:
BritAngler wrote:

Or Merwyn ! you could wearing a ' Barbie plays Ball'------->{ baseball} :wink:
ho---ny sayed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:48 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
ho---ny sayed

:twisted: :twisted: yup always ready with my rod 24x7 anytime, anyplace for some F F :wink: {Fun of Fishing }

thats what my signature says 12am --to--12pm :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm 
Fishaholic

BritAngler wrote:
Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

cheers, mate how r u ,,,,all the barras are waiting for you,lets have a ball,,,thats nice of you to gift me a football jersy,,,,,how the weather in uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:25 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Nah GRC. Thats URRAK for sure :)
TIGER dying to take a sip of URRAK mate. If you can courier somehow :)

DeZZ
do worry i will keep you a matka full of urrack,,,by the way i don,t drink ,,,so you can have it all :lol: :lol: :lol: with nice limca limca how,s your fishing going on mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:34 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks for your words of encouragement ,,,,spoonangler, ravin,masheerken,dezz ,mario,apoo ,sanju , heloix,, :lol: :arrow: :lol: :lol: when will the season start on ia ,,when will guys will put up their salty water post s :lol: ,,looks like the salty season is late,, masher ken would love to fish with you in goa ,,be my guest,,brother :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Merwyn,

I would love to fish with you too bro. I know the fish in Goa throw themselves out of the water when you are there.

Soon mate. Soon!

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
Merwyn,

I would love to fish with you too bro. I know the fish in Goa throw themselves out of the water when you are there.

[smilie=giggle.gif] to Catch a glimpse of that belly button :twisted: :twisted: [smilie=lol.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
Mahaseerken wrote:
Merwyn,

[smilie=giggle.gif] to Catch a glimpse of that belly button :twisted: :twisted: [smilie=lol.gif]
you can have my bellly button lion,,,mera tummmy ke pitche kyu pada hai ,,,,, :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm 
Fishaholic

agreed it might be a good bait :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:35 am 
Fishaholic

Congrats Tiger.. nice fish. Stay away from lion I guess he loves your belly.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm 

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
BritAngler wrote:

cheers, mate how r u ,,,,all the barras are waiting for you,lets have a ball,,,thats nice of you to gift me a football jersy,,,,,how the weather in uk

Weather getting cold here now, had ice on my car 2 days last week and daytime temps around 10 degrees, about 50 F, went boat fishing last Sunday and caught small rays and cod all day long, nothing really big but some nice eating, can`t wait for the Goan sunshine now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Congrats Tiger.. nice fish. Stay away from lion I guess he loves your belly.. lol
he can have my belly anytime ,how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 pm 
Fishaholic

BritAngler wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
BritAngler wrote:

Weather getting cold here now, had ice on my car 2 days last week and daytime temps around 10 degrees, about 50 F, went boat fishing last Sunday and caught small rays and cod all day long, nothing really big but some nice eating, can`t wait for the Goan sunshine now :)
it must be damn cold,,,nice to hear you got fish for the table,,,do u fish from the beach,,with typical beach casting tackle like 14 foot rods big weights,,nodody does it here in goa ,,all of us head for the rocks for the rock fish,, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:29 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
nodody does it here in goa ,,all of us head for the rocks for the rock fish,, :lol:

Or Fish on the ROCKS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 pm 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work

I am doing good, thanks. Yes lil busy with work, but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

After Diwali, i am planning a serious trip.. some new tackle and tactics
to try. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

You caught all the above fish in 2 small trips and you still looking for a serious trip??? :roll: Planning to tag all the marine animals I believe :)

Keep us posted mate people like me can only read reports and be happy about it.

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
santosh wrote:
but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

You caught all the above fish in 2 small trips and you still looking for a serious trip??? :roll: Planning to tag all the marine animals I believe :)

Keep us posted mate people like me can only read reports and be happy about it.

Cheers - DeZZ
witty dezz,,had any good fishing this days,,i belive king fish season i round the corner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work

I am doing good, thanks. Yes lil busy with work, but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

reading your angling exploits is really a pleasure,,keep them coming good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks Tiger,, :)))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Tiger, some for you..

Post subject: