->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:12 am

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tiger's First Chonak
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:33 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
hi there guys ,,been a long time since i was thinking of posting the story of my first barra and some snaps too,,,,,here goes my story...
:lol: dec 2007 ,i had gone for sightseeing with a friend to some part of konkan,,,as usual i was asking about deep water rocky spots,,,so he suggeested one spot and we proceeded there,,i was impress with the place and i decided i will give this place a try next saturday / sunday.on saturday at 12 00 at night we reached this spot ,,me and my two friends full tide new moon,,,those days i was not doing spinning ,,we were into bait fishing,,,so we had taken sardines for bait.my firends got rigged first and cast using small pieces of sardine bait thinking that they ll catch small fish first for the curry,,hahahaha,
my philosphy is different,, i was always fish for the big one,,,feast fishing,,big fish or no fish i don,t care,,so i ways use full sardine big hook and wait for the big mama ,unlike my buddys,so after one minute of my buddy,s casting i did my first cast with full sardine,i felt the sardine hit the water and i felt it must have slipped off the hook so i begin to reel in after 3 seconds,,,bang something jumped out of water twice and my reel stated sceaming,,,man it is pure ectasy when your reel starts to sing the tune you have been wating to hear for so long ,,,fish on,,the fish makes 3 runs of 20 metres and then it surfaces near the rock i am fishing,,i say at the top of my voice "" arre chonak muureeeeeeeeeeeeee,"',<in konkani language my mother tongue> :lol: :lol: yupppy :lol: i am jumping like a kid who has won a prize for chistmas party,,then my friend went near the fish to gaff it,,first he misses three times to gaff the fish,,my heart comes in my mouth,,then one wave bring the fish really high and then he gaffed the fish,, what a relief,,then i take the gaff with the fish on ,,,and i start dancing on the rocks in the middle of the night like a man posessed,,then next day celebration time in my village, i cut the fish and give all my neigbours and friends,,a piece of my chonak,,,,felt like a proud guy,,,hehehe :Pthe reel used daiwa kastor and light boat rod,,with .60 mm line bait full sardine,, well i have posted picture of the baarra and also one of my mj i caught those days,guys i hope you enjoyed my post,,one snap is of a crocodile rescue in goa where the croc had entered private pond from a river,,,
also i have posted the snap where i caught the first barra ,please don,t mind my bare it all pose with the snapper,how,s the place i caught that barra, guys and also i forgot to weigh the fish in the celebration :lol:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/348/scan002m.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/3310/scan005g.jpg
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3559/scan003y.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1152/scan007z.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7154/scan006.jpg :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:


Last edited by MERWYNTIGER on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:10 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 378
Location: worldwide
Nice Barra man and great account! hope you manage to catch many more like it!

see you bro, Scott


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
thanks man where are you pm me your no,,,great fishing you doing in uk ,,,when you come to goa


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:39 pm
Posts: 755
Location: UAE
Hi Merwyn,

Nice barra.


Jeen


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:46 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:08 am
Posts: 2102
Location: Assam
Hi Merwyn,

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the pics. What took you so long to post these pics?

Cheers,
Apoo


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:19 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:58 am
Posts: 307
Good One Merwyn tat size is just right for the table Fillet with Rechade masala.........Muahhhhhhhhhhh:)Hey buts what up with the Croc trying to walk him like a dog....You sure have heads turning walking along Baga....with the croc ,Goa's own "Crocodile Dundee"


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:12 pm
Posts: 390
Location: Mumbai
Nice story. And happy to know how u felt about your first barra. Congrats there are still more go get them mooreey!!!!!. And post some good stories and pictures.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
heliox1965 wrote:
Good One Merwyn tat size is just right for the table Fillet with Rechade masala.........Muahhhhhhhhhhh:)Hey buts what up with the Croc trying to walk him like a dog....You sure have heads turning walking along Baga....with the croc ,Goa's own "Crocodile Dundee"
that,s a fine idea walking on baga beach with the croc,,, :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 969
Location: DUBAI
Hmm Tiger,

Now you are talking huh... See I guessed it right in my previous post ha ha ha ha LMAO.
PM me the location if it was close to S'Wadi. I have a strange feeling that I know this place. But would love to fish together once I am on vacation in March 2011 (Most Probably)

Congrats on the fishes.

DeZZ


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 pm
Posts: 258
Location: Mumbai
Hey Tiger congrats on your Barra.

Great going buddy.

And INDIA has its own Crock Hunter. :lol: :lol:

Wish you many more.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:42 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
Image

:twisted: :twisted: Ha ha ha and you said you were shy of posting your pics on IA ,
just three posts and now you are boldly revealing your fishing secrets :twisted: :twisted:

Congrats tiger [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] waiting for your next posts ,keep em comming :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Hong Kong
I guess we all felt the same with our first barra :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 1658
Location: Kolkata,India
nice one TIGER... And am sure that that belly of yours has seen quite a few fish in its time :lol: :lol:

GRC


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3025
Location: Hong Kong
Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
nice one TIGER... And am sure that that belly of yours has seen quite a few fish in its time :lol: :lol:

GRC


I'm in splits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:00 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
nice one TIGER... And am sure that that belly of yours has seen quite a few fish in its time :lol: :lol:

GRC


quite a few hundreds of MJs :lol: :lol: [smilie=dunceblock.gif] :p


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:39 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:22 pm
Posts: 1658
Location: Kolkata,India
.... and a few JD's, I suppose [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Tight Lines,
GRC


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 969
Location: DUBAI
Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
.... and a few JD's, I suppose [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Tight Lines,
GRC


Nah GRC. Thats URRAK for sure :)
TIGER dying to take a sip of URRAK mate. If you can courier somehow :)

DeZZ


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 217
Location: Mumbai
Beautiful fish. The crocodile looks like a saltwater crocodile.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:30 am
Posts: 489
Location: Thana
Congrats for the nice barra Merwyn. Hope you catch many more.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:01 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Fantastic fish and great account of the trip. Do you realise you actually got your first Chonak spinning. Great mate. We have to go fishing together.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:27 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Chennai
That sure is a nice Barra, Merwyn.

Ravi


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Manchester UK
Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
BritAngler wrote:
PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:


Better than Liverpool eh? Now that could be any shirt. Merwyn! You could be wearing a 'Barbie plays soccer' shirt mate.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:16 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
Mahaseerken wrote:
BritAngler wrote:
PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:


Better than Liverpool eh? Now that could be any shirt. Merwyn! You could be wearing a 'Barbie plays soccer' shirt mate.


Or Merwyn ! you could be wearing a ' Barbie plays Ball'------->{ baseball} :wink:


Last edited by lionheart on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:13 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
lionheart wrote:
Mahaseerken wrote:
BritAngler wrote:
PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:


Better than Liverpool eh? Now that could be any shirt. Merwyn! You could be wearing a 'Barbie plays soccer' shirt mate.


Or Merwyn ! you could wearing a ' Barbie plays Ball'------->{ baseball} :wink:
ho---ny sayed


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:48 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
ho---ny sayed

:twisted: :twisted: yup always ready with my rod 24x7 anytime, anyplace for some F F :wink: {Fun of Fishing }

thats what my signature says 12am --to--12pm :twisted: :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:23 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
BritAngler wrote:
Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:
cheers, mate how r u ,,,,all the barras are waiting for you,lets have a ball,,,thats nice of you to gift me a football jersy,,,,,how the weather in uk


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:25 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
teritex wrote:
Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
.... and a few JD's, I suppose [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif] [smilie=gt_grinz-browwiggle.gif]

Tight Lines,
GRC


Nah GRC. Thats URRAK for sure :)
TIGER dying to take a sip of URRAK mate. If you can courier somehow :)

DeZZ
do worry i will keep you a matka full of urrack,,,by the way i don,t drink ,,,so you can have it all :lol: :lol: :lol: with nice limca limca how,s your fishing going on mate


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:34 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
thanks for your words of encouragement ,,,,spoonangler, ravin,masheerken,dezz ,mario,apoo ,sanju , heloix,, :lol: :arrow: :lol: :lol: when will the season start on ia ,,when will guys will put up their salty water post s :lol: ,,looks like the salty season is late,, masher ken would love to fish with you in goa ,,be my guest,,brother :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Merwyn,

I would love to fish with you too bro. I know the fish in Goa throw themselves out of the water when you are there.

Soon mate. Soon!

cheers


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:21 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
Mahaseerken wrote:
Merwyn,

I would love to fish with you too bro. I know the fish in Goa throw themselves out of the water when you are there.



[smilie=giggle.gif] to Catch a glimpse of that belly button :twisted: :twisted: [smilie=lol.gif]
Image


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
lionheart wrote:
Mahaseerken wrote:
Merwyn,

I would love to fish with you too bro. I know the fish in Goa throw themselves out of the water when you are there.



[smilie=giggle.gif] to Catch a glimpse of that belly button :twisted: :twisted: [smilie=lol.gif]
Image
you can have my bellly button lion,,,mera tummmy ke pitche kyu pada hai ,,,,, :oops:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Posts: 699
agreed it might be a good bait :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:35 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
Congrats Tiger.. nice fish. Stay away from lion I guess he loves your belly.. lol


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Manchester UK
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
BritAngler wrote:
Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:
cheers, mate how r u ,,,,all the barras are waiting for you,lets have a ball,,,thats nice of you to gift me a football jersy,,,,,how the weather in uk


Weather getting cold here now, had ice on my car 2 days last week and daytime temps around 10 degrees, about 50 F, went boat fishing last Sunday and caught small rays and cod all day long, nothing really big but some nice eating, can`t wait for the Goan sunshine now :)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:27 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
santosh wrote:
Congrats Tiger.. nice fish. Stay away from lion I guess he loves your belly.. lol
he can have my belly anytime ,how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
BritAngler wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
BritAngler wrote:
Nice fish Merwyn, hope we get to see some fish in March, I just bought nice new shimano beastmaster for bait fishing so I need you to pick a spot for the big fish and the Feni is on me :twisted:

PS I will bring you a better football shirt than a Liverpool one :wink:
cheers, mate how r u ,,,,all the barras are waiting for you,lets have a ball,,,thats nice of you to gift me a football jersy,,,,,how the weather in uk


Weather getting cold here now, had ice on my car 2 days last week and daytime temps around 10 degrees, about 50 F, went boat fishing last Sunday and caught small rays and cod all day long, nothing really big but some nice eating, can`t wait for the Goan sunshine now :)
it must be damn cold,,,nice to hear you got fish for the table,,,do u fish from the beach,,with typical beach casting tackle like 14 foot rods big weights,,nodody does it here in goa ,,all of us head for the rocks for the rock fish,, :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:29 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 395
Location: Kuwait.
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
nodody does it here in goa ,,all of us head for the rocks for the rock fish,, :lol:


Or Fish on the ROCKS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work


I am doing good, thanks. Yes lil busy with work, but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

After Diwali, i am planning a serious trip.. some new tackle and tactics
to try. :D :D


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 969
Location: DUBAI
santosh wrote:
but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

After Diwali, i am planning a serious trip.. some new tackle and tactics
to try. :D :D


You caught all the above fish in 2 small trips and you still looking for a serious trip??? :roll: Planning to tag all the marine animals I believe :)

Keep us posted mate people like me can only read reports and be happy about it.

Cheers - DeZZ


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
teritex wrote:
santosh wrote:
but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

After Diwali, i am planning a serious trip.. some new tackle and tactics
to try. :D :D


You caught all the above fish in 2 small trips and you still looking for a serious trip??? :roll: Planning to tag all the marine animals I believe :)

Keep us posted mate people like me can only read reports and be happy about it.

Cheers - DeZZ
witty dezz,,had any good fishing this days,,i belive king fish season i round the corner


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
santosh wrote:
MERWYNTIGER wrote:
how are you santo...longtime no see,, i tought you took angling sanyass,,hahahaha :P too busy i think with work


I am doing good, thanks. Yes lil busy with work, but did two small trips recently.. got a couple of GT's on poppers, Groupers. Lots of big Cats, some good bluberlip's and a nice 4.5 KG MJ.. :wink: :wink:

After Diwali, i am planning a serious trip.. some new tackle and tactics
to try. :D :D
reading your angling exploits is really a pleasure,,keep them coming good luck


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
thanks Tiger,, :)))))


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
Tiger, some for you..

Image

Image


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:52 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:08 pm
Posts: 294
Location: Himachal & Mumbai
nice catch santosh


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:21 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:16 pm
Posts: 358
Location: GOA
santosh wrote:
great catch congrats


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited