[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Last few days I was struggling with a nagging knee pain and one day late afternoon got a call from my fishing buddy " Mario " whats up Sayed bhai he asked ? and I was quick in blaming my knee for restricting my actions and he said he had called to invite me to fish with him, I instantly acepted leaving him laughing at the other end :wink: only moments ago I was complaining about a bad knee :lol: { you see it’s the fishing bug inside me that controls Me, my Actions & Reactions }

After hanging up the phone, I popped some painkillers , grabbed a bunch of my select lures & ofcourse my lucky 14 footer rod and drove to the meeting point where Mario & Loyd were already waiting for me and Damian was to join us later , as this was Mario's secret location I blindly followed him , after a long drive we reached the spot by dusk and as I looked around I said to myself " This place although looks promising but can be equally punishing " the huge waves were menacing enough to shake the wits of any angler , Umpire loyd :wink: decided to watch out for the odd waves and warn us while Me and Mario started casting in the rough waters , almost immediately we were shaken by two back to back waves and I realised that my multiball bearing reel had tasted saltwater :wink: but what the heck ! its not soluble in water I said to myself :lol: and Continued casting

After an hour or so got a tug and I was quick to set the hook and Now the fun began KKKrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sang the reel :lol: I called out to Mario who had just taken a break after a long spell of casting ,both Loyd and Mario were by my side cheering me and cautioning me about any high waves that were to be careful of " this time it is something BIG " I said to mario as I held on to my rod there were powerful jerks stripping the line from my reel. As if having a hardtime controlling the fish was not enough for me then came a surprise wave that shook my knee "No no no don't do this to me God !! Please not now !! Let me have this one " I prayed in my heart and finally after 10 minutes of underwater 4play the fish was now willing to come close to me like a [smilie=hearts.gif] shy damsel :wink:

I switched on my headlamp and said to Mario " watch out here she comes " and after a few seconds of combing thru the water there she was :D " What a Beautiful sight !! her eyes shining like two little Diamonds and my headlight gleaming off its silver body " YES it was a Beautiful Big BARRAMUNDI

By now Brother Mario was all charged up ready to gaff her :wink: :lol: " she is all yours mario " I called out and he gaffed it with ease and expertise " ALL PRAISE BE TO THE ALMIGHTY LORD " suddenly the air was filled with laughter and joy and hurried calls were made to our overjoyed loved ones
Then we moved on to another secret spot , there Damian unfortunately lost another Big Barra after around two minutes of play I guessed it was not hooked properly or its luck was running stronger than ours , we then returned to Mario's Den where we had a photo session

Note: the fish was played with light tackle in total darkness except for the time of gaffing it = Total Time taken from Hook to Gaff was under 15 Minutes
The Barra stood 35 inches tall but only one inch short of three feet from Lip to Tail and was estimated to be not less than 9kg
A task well tackled, This was a collective victory for all four of us Mario, Damain, Lloyd and Lionheart

come on gimme a hand guys :oops: I am struggling here

............................................................LlOYD-LION-MARIO

Here we are THE 4 BOLD AND A BEAUTIFUL

This fish has added another feather to my angling cap :D

Special thanks to Mario for inviting me to fish with him and it was indeed a pleasure fishing with you and hope you come to Murud with me to repeat some successful fishing there too
Also thanks to Dennis & Damian for taking some beautiful pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 pm 
Fishaholic

great lion,,,, abe tho tum ne kamal kar diya,,,,great going sayed hope u hav another fish like this soon ,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm 
Fishaholic

i see love for the fish from all three guy;s eyes ,, good team sprit three cherrs for your gang hipp hurray(3 times),,,that is a good sign mario toast of urrack for ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm 
Fishaholic

i see love for the fish from all three guy;s eyes ,, good team sprit three cherrs for your gang hipp hurray(3 times),,,that is a good sign mario toast of urrack for ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice Barra guys.. :)
Congrats, wish you all lots of barra's.

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 pm 
Fishaholic

what a beast sayedbhai :shock: :shock: !! my heartiest congratulations to you. :D :D . i always look forward to reading your posts. what beautiful narration, it feels i was almost there. thanks for sharing :D . is it your personal best ?

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:12 am 
Fishaholic

great fish.hope i can catch one someday. barramundi r more famous from australia.didnt know they're found in india too.i'll get mine someday. cheers. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:46 am 
Fishaholic

Well done lionheart,

That is a beautiful barramundi and the equal of any found in
Australia!

Kingfish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:24 am 
Fishaholic

wat a sham guys.the barramundi is the ever popular bekti fish in india. also known as giant seaperch.the name barramundi is very aussie for it.i eat bekti all the time but didnt know they are the same.good catch lion heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 am 
Fishaholic

Great catch. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 pm 
Fishaholic

@ Merwyn, Santosh, Dr Aamir, Gautam, Mr Singh and Apoo Thank you all for your compliments and wish you all lots of good catches in your fishing trips
happy fishing & tight lines :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Wonderful Narration, feels like am there with you in the spot.

GR8 catch Lionheart.

Multiball bearing or twin bearing????????????? :lol:

Wherever LION goes, Barramundi just follows.

Keep it up. I believe your persistence is the secret of your success.

Unfortunately i missed to join the trip.

My best wishes to Mario & Lloyd.

Tight Lines.

Salmonmani

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:44 pm 
Fishaholic

FANTASTIC!

This is a great fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Sherdil

No wonders you were into hibernation all these days. You've got urself a silver monster there. Hope you enjoyed the fight thoroughly?? Indeed you have added another big scale (feather) in your cap. Well narrated report and the fish looks truly amazing. Meanwhile I'll make a hole in my cap you know just in case if I have to collect some down feather :)

Cheers and good going. Hope to catch up with you next year insha allah.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you
Bobby, Alibhai, Raj and Anand
Happy fishing and tight lines to you all :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Realy thank GOD that the big barras are not easly reacheable. [smilie=damn.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm 
Fishaholic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:16 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 am 
Fishaholic

guys... with no offence to anyone.. and a genuine desire to understand ... could those who have some practical ideas on how to educate local fishermen please spell them out.. coz this whole " tu tu mai mai .. on angler education n commercial fishermen education has gone on every now n then .. in quite a few posts.. :!:

personally if there have been locals willing to listen ... i have been willing to talk.. infact i remember at on spot some time recent... i got talking with a few elderly local netters .. seeing that the younger chaps joined in to see what was going on.. all of them were surprised to know that barra , grouper etc are hermaphrodite.. they understood that pulling out big ones would mean pulling out the mommas .. therefore less, barra for them n their sons in the future.. they understood it all.. but unfortunately.. paapi pet ka sawaal... + they went on to talk about how inept the fisheries dept can be, in educating them .. saying they themselves know jack.. then the stories of how the big barracudas who own 8 n 10 boats dont give them a fighting chance..

so really its a sad scene...

as in all problems indian.. this too is systemic.. and unless someone.. yes even one .. has the gumption .. persevering conviction ... farsightedness ...balanced knowledge ... and does not look at it purely from the angling motive .. but the need to truly do something .. even if it means trying and failing .. but trying nontheless things will be as they are.. and we will continue to bicker... so once again dear gents and brothers of the angle.. lets talk doable n practical... n then PRACTICE :!: what we preach. once again no offence..

Post subject: RE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 am 
Fishaholic

hey Lion wish you many more catches like this. [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif] [smilie=thatworks.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:29 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks Buddy lets go Barra Hunting again
My fish stock is near to zero :wink: as you know I EAT FISH 2 LIVE & LIVE 2 FISH :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 pm 
Fishaholic