->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Sailendra wrote:
Lakhyada,
Thanks for the invite. Yeah, this is the time. The hilish must be at ready, get, set. Once the flood waters hit the ocean it'll be go! Will plan out a trip for sure! Rajat Da- What say?

bro would really like to make that trip let me know when you are planing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:33 pm 
Fishaholic

Yup Sailendra and he is the Secretary at Fort William and a very good friend of my dad and myself.. Do make a visit to Kolkata soon...

GRC

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:42 pm 
Fishaholic

guys,
reading ur posts makes me regret one thing i was in kokata, sikkim , dargeling,,, 2 yrs back,, i wanted to try the hilsa dish,,but my friend said ,,we goans eat so much sea fish and that we must try chinese ,,some restrauant called king kong or somthing near kfc joint. man i love the food in kolkata,,and the bengali r crazy about fish and about eating good food, also bengali girls very very very :lol: :? :P :wink: :wink: :wink: beautifull,,cannot get one girl out of my mind who i saw at kfc and whose father came with a old padmini car,,,bengali,s r differnt from us and they rock,,, kolkata is the cultural capital of our country and one painfull memory humancycle wallas,,guys who run with passengers on their carts or cycle,,in sikkim i did inquire about fishing there but could not fish,,i long to go to kolkata and sikkim,,also darjeling is rock band capital of india,, good rock bands there ,,,,rajat da :lol: where can i try hilsa in amche mumbai,,,

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 am 
Fishaholic

MERWYNTIGER wrote:
guys,
,,,,rajat da :lol: where can i try hilsa in amche mumbai,,,

at my place bro :D :D and one other good place where you might get good hilsa if the time is right is "My Calcutta" they use to rock once upon a time I am not sure now as I have not been to that place for a long time but you can surely try :D

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:49 am 
Fishaholic

and where is my calcutta in mumbai :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:33 pm 
Fishaholic

bro i am getting old the name is not "my Calcutta" it is "Oh calcutta" one used to be in Tardev and one is near oshiwara i think you can do an internet search its a very famous chain restaurant now :D
PS here is the search link http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&rl ... i&gs_rfai=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Rajat Da, Lets make it during the monsoon! July/August will be a nice time. :wink: October will be at Pancheshwar. Rest of the season will be at the Cauvery camps. You should open a restaurant- "Rajat's Maach". Will be a sure fire success!

Gavin Da, Glad that you know Shivaji Da. I donot think he would know me! He is interested in fishing the Godavari. Am trying to find out the right time and place for fishing there.
Will visit Cal, Dada and avail your hospitality. Also learn your ground baiting techniques! I would love to eat a large Katla's head in Jhol!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 am 
Enlightened

Sailendra, Rajat Da and any others, welcome, welcome, welcome. I have to be in India from the 8th of July to the 15th. otherwise welcome at any other time!

All the best

Lakhyaman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:38 am 
Fishaholic

lakhyaman wrote:
Sailendra, Rajat Da and any others, welcome, welcome, welcome. I have to be in India from the 8th of July to the 15th. otherwise welcome at any other time!

All the best

Lakhyaman

hey Lakhyaman any chance to around Mumbai would love to offer you to take you out fishing if possible in your schedule please let me know
cheers :D

Sailendra opening a restaurant is really one of my dreams I am just trying to find a right place to do so don't want to do it in Mumbai may be In Goa if god permits
Rajat :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 pm 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
lakhyaman wrote:

All the best

Lakhyaman

hey Lakhyaman any chance to around Mumbai would love to offer you to take you out fishing if possible in your schedule please let me know
cheers :D

Sailendra opening a restaurant is really one of my dreams I am just trying to find a right place to do so don't want to do it in Mumbai may be In Goa if god permits
Rajat :D :D
then i will be ur first customer rajat da

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:17 pm 
Fishaholic

God will be with you Dada in your venture. Good choice of venue too- Goa!! Best luck to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Dada,

Its best to have it close to the dabolim airport, so that I can have a early dose of fish as soon as I land :)

DeZZ

Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 pm 
Fishaholic

I was in Dhaka for 6 days on a business trip in 2006. Stayed in nice hotel (forgot the name) in Baridara. Had hilsa there honestly I did not like it.. maybe it was not made in authentic way (this Hotel had lots of foreigners staying).

To my surprise, Thai food was all over the place and people in Dhaka were absolutely crazy about it.

lakhyaman, is that the case even now??

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm 
Enlightened

Santosh

It is true that there are plenty of Thai food places in Dhjaka but there is a huge choice now of just about every cuisine on earth. However, when it comes to Bengali food it is difficult to get the truly authentic stuff anywhere outside a Bengali home. We just can't seem to understand why one can want to go out and eat what is available at home! Next time you are here please get in touch.

Rajat Da

I am afraid I will be in Delhi for a day and then off to Rajasthan where my son goes to school. Thanks for the kind offer.

All the best

Lakhyaman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Merwyn - the chinese place is TUNG FONG.. and I know the bengali girl who's dad has the padmini car :lol: :lol: Can give u an intro if u get down here
:twisted:

Sailendra - Catla head in dal is the dish u would want to eat as well as some maacher jhol (fish in question would be a 3-4kg rohu)

Rajat da - As a half bong and a foodie, I do not think that a place like "Oh Calcutta" does justice to Bengali food in the traditional way, however other Bong food joints here like "Bhojohori Manna", "6 Ballygunj Place" and "Kewpies" will have u licking ur fingers... If all else fails Maa Tara Hotel just next to my place will do the job. :D

Invitations are open to all for anything related to Kolkata (except Bong women :twisted: )

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 pm 
Fishaholic

The man is alive .. I thought only women and fishing made his P_ _ _ _K stand but hes a rergular foodie too... and having a teenie weenie dosent make you a half bong mate .... LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 pm 
Fishaholic

But it does get u enough bong women :lol: :lol: :lol: and as the wise know, "its not the length of the stick but the magic in the wand, that does the trick" [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:32 pm 
Fishaholic

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
But it does get u enough bong women :lol: :lol: :lol: and as the wise know, "its not the length of the stick but the magic in the wand, that does the trick" [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif] [smilie=happydance.gif]

Magic Wands are held in the "hand" ....... I hope youre not becoming an expert at that kinda magic Mr GRC :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

Sher Dil .... Bait fishing in the monsoon in Murud .... Thats gotta be a blast :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
Sher Dil .... Bait fishing in the monsoon in Murud .... Thats gotta be a blast :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah mate ! for fishing my rod is up and ready anytime :wink: :twisted: although I'm just back 2day after a month long vac and already itching to go back :roll: