->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:12 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 pm 
Fishaholic

Was Back again today (8/4/10) evening fished for about an hour and got this beautiful Jack around 1.5kgs clicked some pics and it was released...

When fishing in South Mumbai, there are good days and then there a lot of bad days, after my last barramundi's, I did not get anything for a long time in my backyard I fish there at least 2-3 times a week, so finally today I decided to give my 30lbs tackle a much needed break and took my light 8lbs monofilament tackle instead fishing with 2-3inch lures and this is what I got during the low tide in a span of 1hr and man these fishes can fight on a light drag..Image

All the fishes were released...

Last edited by Dilip Kawad on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Those are MJ's right?? Where in south mumbai is this???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Apoo and Dezz and yes those are MJ's all caught in colaba where I live.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
in my backyard I fish there at least 2-3 times a week,

Great going buddy keep it up [smilie=coolup.gif]

2-3 times a week :?: now I'm getting jealous of you dilip :evil: :evil:

O GOD ! [smilie=cwl.gif] fishing one week in a month is not enough for me, please ! increase my fishing trips, let me work one week instead and fish the other 3 weeks -AAMEN :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:27 pm 

Very very cool Dilip. Great pictures.

regards Siddharth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Sayed and Siddharth.

@Sayed why dont you also find some spot nearby in New Mumbai then even you will be able to fish every second day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 am 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:

@Sayed why dont you also find some spot nearby in New Mumbai then even you will be able to fish every second day.

Yes Dilip I did went out searching for some good spots around here and am still too find one hopefully very soon

Calling all anglers in and around Navi Mumbai,Panvel and Uran. If you know an good FISHING hole let me know {through PM } I need to fish, I need no fish {you can keep them}
sorry dilip for using your thread I know you understand my passion buddy :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:53 am 
Fishaholic

@ Dilip is that the same rapala plug ? the one with which you caught two mangrove jacks { 3kg & 3.3kg } in an hour last year when we were fishing in murud together at 1pm on one fine saturday of 2009 { hope you remember }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
@ Dilip is that the same rapala plug ? the one with which you caught two mangrove jacks { 3kg & 3.3kg } in an hour last year when we were fishing in murud together at 1pm on one fine saturday of 2009 { hope you remember }

Hi Sayed this is the same lure Rapala Xrap same color only difference is that the lure used in murud was 4 3/4" long and the one in the picture for small game was 2.5" long,

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayed,

PM me the details we were talking about and will try my best to get some. The sooner the better though :)

Cheers - DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:04 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Sayed,

PM me the details we were talking about and will try my best to get some. The sooner the better though :)

Cheers - DeZZ

OK Chief :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Good stuff Dilip.

We are fortunate to get to go fishing once in 2 -3 weeks. I envy you. Anyway, hopefully Dezz & myself will be able to end this season on a good note.

regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Keyur wrote:
hopefully Dezz & myself will be able to end this season on a good note.

All the best Mate but when does the season end..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Dilip,

Nice fish caught. Maybe sometime I will also join you at your backyard. Thnks for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 am 
Fishaholic

Anytime Abhi,

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:18 am 
Fishaholic

Season end by April, but for us I guess may be 2 more sessions. After which I intend to keep polishing my ROD and lures for next 5 months :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 pm 
Fishaholic

teritex wrote:
Season end by April, but for us I guess may be 2 more sessions. After which I intend to keep polishing my ROD and lures for next 5 months :)

Well why don't you guys fish for 5 months in UAE any particular reason.

Man if I could not fish for 5 months ill have withdrawal symptoms, ill pick up a fight with every second person including my wife, screw up at work and will do god knows what, I need my weekly dose of fish whether I catch anything on every trip does not matter, I just have to go out to Sea and cast my lures out,

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
teritex wrote:

Well why don't you guys fish for 5 months in UAE any particular reason.

regards

Summer is here!!!!!! :shock: When outdoor temperatures can range between 45 to 65 degrees celcius in the middle east, Im sure you will pack all your rods :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
Man if I could not fish for 5 months ill have withdrawal symptoms, ill pick up a fight with every second person including my wife, screw up at work and will do god knows what, I need my weekly dose of fish whether I catch anything on every trip does not matter, I just have to go out to Sea and cast my lures out,

regards

[smilie=hiya.gif] I totally agree Dilip ! The same feeling here too and I thought only I had this rare syndrome [smilie=dunceblock.gif] { mad fisher syndrome } am glad to have company and many more guys from IA will also come forward and admit someday of having it Image

Without humor, life suck. Without courage, life is hard. Without love, life is hopeless. Without fishing, life is impossible!

Last edited by lionheart on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 am 
Fishaholic

Nice catch Dilip, keep them cming. I just love light tackle (Ali what you say? :lol: ) have a bad habit of hooking big fish on 10 LB tackle, BTW, I end up landing most of the fish.. :twisted:

I have gone as low as 5 lb tackle in powai. I'll bet if any one fishing there has gone that low. I lose some fish, but fighting a 2 KG Mrigal on that setup is something.

I'll love to fish in your backyard one day. Light tackle, small lures [smilie=upyeah.gif]

Sayed, trust me where you stay I'll show you a place just 5 mins by road and you can get similar fish. :wink:

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 am 
Fishaholic

santosh wrote:
Sayed, trust me where you stay I'll show you a place just 5 mins by road and you can get similar fish. :wink:

Santosh

:D GRRRREAT ! buddy for fishing this lion is always ready to wet his paws be it any part of the day or night {24X7} let me know when you are free and you will find me ready with my rod [smilie=gt-happyup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Santosh and your welcome anytime to fish with me here in colaba and Sayed let me know more after your fishing trip in New Mumbai..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
Thanks Santosh and your welcome anytime to fish with me here in colaba and Sayed let me know more after your fishing trip in New Mumbai..

Sure mate, am waiting impatiently for the great Santo to lead me there :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
Was Back again today (8/4/10) evening fished for about an hour and got this beautiful Jack around 1.5kgs

What ! another Jack :evil:
what say Santo ? [smilie=wink.gif] let's raid Dilip's backyard and round up all the Jack & Jills and if Dilip want's revenge he is more than WELCOME to raid my backyard in murud and gather the dolphins & the jumbo turtles :badgrin: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:26 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
Dilip Kawad wrote:
Was Back again today (8/4/10) evening fished for about an hour and got this beautiful Jack around 1.5kgs

What ! another Jack :evil:
what say Santo ? [smilie=wink.gif] let's raid Dilip's backyard and round up all the Jack & Jills and if Dilip want's revenge he is more than WELCOME to raid my backyard in murud and gather the dolphins & the jumbo turtles :badgrin: :lol: :lol:

Well all you guys are always welcome to my backyard and gathering all the dolphins and turtles in Murud together what a spectacle that would be absolutely beautiful...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Dilip Kawad wrote:
Well all you guys are always welcome to my backyard and gathering all the dolphins and turtles in Murud together what a spectacle that would be absolutely beautiful...

O yeah :wink: than let me help you catch atleast one dolphin,
here is the free tip buddy :
1. get 200lb braid
2. heavy trolling rod
3. nice juicy sardine on a big hook
4. put on your water skis

and cast it from the place called K***A and when the dolphin takes your bait hold on tight and enjoy the skii ride. Ofcourse I'll be there recording your heroics on camera only to post it on IA under the title THE PHANTOM OF MURUD [smilie=coolup.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 am 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
Dilip Kawad wrote:

O yeah :wink: than let me help you catch atleast one dolphin,
here is the free tip buddy :
1. get 200lb braid
2. heavy trolling rod
3. nice juicy sardine on a big hook
4. put on your water skis

and cast it from the place called K***A and when the dolphin takes your bait hold on tight and enjoy the skii ride. Ofcourse I'll be there recording your heroics on camera only to post it on IA under the title THE PHANTOM OF MURUD [smilie=coolup.gif]

LOL :lol: That was funny, but Boss not interested in catching any Dolphin's would just love to watch them play...