->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: HOLI BARRAMUNDI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Every month I head to my beach house in MURUD JANJIRA to take my R&R {rest and recreation } for me R&R is shore fishing, rockfishing and night fishing and every thing that one has to do with fishing sometimes lunch or dinner happens to be on the rocks. This full moon was not to be wasted as it was a HOLI MOON. got some HOLI FISH, two worth mentioning were 6kg and 9 kg
first barra of 2010- 6kg
second one 9 kg
HOLI BARRAMUNDI
good old partner

And this fish has 0% mercury , 60% protien ,20% omega3 fats and the rest is bones :wink: DILIP how's that ? :lol: :lol:
wish you were there buddy "barbeque on the rocks "this HOLI

Last edited by lionheart on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 pm 
Fishaholic

NIce and wicked! Silver is the best colour for Holi. Good going guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:02 pm 
Fishaholic

Yo Chief,

I am F****** jealous of you guys and every son of a gun is pulling out monsters there in india and me and keyur are fed up of losing countless rigs and lines snapping with fish on the other end. Last friday I hooked a palm size bream and then Keyur got a silver grunter and withing next 10 minutes I was reeling heavy and almost landed "GOD knows what" but I could hear some pathan say "Bada macchi hai". I could not see the fish as I was close to the waters and the mirage made it difficult to see the fish on the line. It came as close as 5 meters and threw the hook. Well after that there were series of hook ups and no landings.. WHY the F*** am I telling this to you all coz its frustration.. and I have the right to vent it :) This weekend I'll carry a shot gun, to make the landing a bit easier..

Sayed, sorry to hijack your thread. Good catch there mate. Hope to be with you when I plan to come there on vacations.

Were the released...eh.. I mean...yeah did you release them into the sea or the frying pan???

DeZZ

Post subject: Re: HOLI BARRAMUNDI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:50 pm 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
And this fish has 0% mercury , 60% protien ,20% omega3 fats and the rest is bones :wink: DILIP how's that ? :lol: :lol:
wish you were there buddy "barbeque on the rocks "this HOLI

Great Catch Sayed, I wish I was there and 0% Mercury, now that's the best part of fishing away from Mumbai the fish are as clean as the Air...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 am 
Fishaholic

desmond wrote
Quote:
I am F****** jealous of you guys and every son of a gun is pulling out monsters there in india and me and keyur are fed up of losing countless rigs and lines snapping with fish on the other end. Last friday I hooked a palm size bream and then Keyur got a silver grunter and withing next 10 minutes I was reeling heavy and almost landed "GOD knows what" but I could hear some pathan say "Bada macchi hai". I could not see the fish as I was close to the waters and the mirage made it difficult to see the fish on the line. It came as close as 5 meters and threw the hook. Well after that there were series of hook ups and no landings.. WHY the F*** am I telling this to you all coz its frustration.. and I have the right to vent it :) This weekend I'll carry a shot gun, to make the landing a bit easier..

Sayed, sorry to hijack your thread. Good catch there mate. Hope to be with you when I plan to come there on vacations.

Were the released...eh.. I mean...yeah did you release them into the sea or the frying pan???

desmond my friend since you insisted me to post my fishing pictures on IA here they are .don't be jealous and stop wailing and be a lionhearted male you are not the only one to lose big fish it has happened to every other angler, imagine my state of mind when a 20+kg barramundi runs everywhere with my plug, in the end manages to free it self there you are standing with your bruised plug and shouting back at him " today your luck is stronger than mine I'll get you next time if you dare kiss my plug again " fishing teaches you patience most of the times the fish is happy sometimes you are
Call me when u come on vacation and what catch n release ? It's holi man I rubbed them with red colour{tandoori masala} did'nt you read
Quote:
barbeque on the rocks :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Thanks Dilip and Mahaseerken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:17 am 
Fishaholic

Great Catch Buddy :D & thanks for Sharing the Pics..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am 
Fishaholic

Quote:
It's holi man I rubbed them with red colour{tandoori masala} did'nt you read

Holi, you mean you intended to feed the whole of your village :)Anyways, its definitely a good catch. Patience - Ask me about it, if only I could have the patents for that word. A couple of weeks back I went alone on a Thursday afternoon and did not expect any fish to bite. But guess what I was wrong something gave me a heavy steady pull and was using up most of my line, at first instance I thought it was a COBIA, but little did I think that I had hooked up a 34 feet yacht. He screwed up almost 50 meters of my braid line LOL. Now I had nothing to say to that guy though I felt like, I just kept mum... Now that is what I call patience coupled with tolerance.

I will surely give you a call once I happen to be in India.

DeZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

Very nice sayed, did that fish take the lure deep under?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 am 
Fishaholic

Looks like it Bob .. thats a deep diver plug to me ... Storm ????

Post subject: Lure???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
Looks like it Bob .. thats a deep diver plug to me ... Storm ????

It is indeed a deep diver. But looks like a rapala from the shape of the lip..

What was it Sayed????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm 
Fishaholic

It looks like a Yo-zuri Hydro Magnum to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:25 pm 
Fishaholic

thanks - Viper, bobby and fred
yes the plug is indeed a deep diver from YO-ZURI hydro magnun sinking series you have seen it dilip thats the one
yes viper the small fella{ 6kg} was very active at one point he sat down constantly rubbing the leader on the rocks I could feel the vibration for around half minute, for a moment I thought maybe it's a big grouper, luckily I use a long wire leader
dezz wrote
Quote:
I could hear some pathan say "Bada macchi hai". I could not see the fish as I was close to the waters and the mirage made it difficult to see the fish on the line. It came as close as 5 meters and threw the hook.

dezz a piece of advice > STAY FAR VERY FAR AWAY FROM THAT PATHAN even the fish knows, that's why it ran back after seeing that pathan and yet you don't get it
[smilie=giggle.gif] he he he :lol: :lol: ha ha ha

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:14 pm 

hey Sayed bhai... gr8 catch. Thats what we can call a colourful holi... :wink: although i stay in delhi i travel to mumbai quite often. i would be gr8 to go fishing with u n learn a few tricks. thanks for the pics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayeed simply superb mate congrats [smilie=coolup.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm 
Fishaholic

thank you rajat dada
thanks taksh, sure ! but I'll prefer learning till the end of my days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayed,

Super catch :roll: .

I know there is lot of potential in Murud but the place is not properly explored. Keep on landing them :P.

regards,

Ali. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 pm 

coollllll.....congrats!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 am 
Fishaholic

thanx rashid
thank u alibhai,
the potential was great 5years back now every changu ,mangu whose father's working in the gulf got himself a rod, even the local fishermen now keep local halco plugs in their boats they use their plug when going back and forth to lay and lift their nets, we now go to far of places to fish :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Great catch sayed and thanks for the great pictures :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sayed ,, Great catches ... I recognise the place .. tried trawling once there but no luck .... I stayed at Atiq's place in Murud ... we also did Bhalgaon .... maybe the timing was wrong .... check your PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Congrats buddy on the barra beauty... I am still searching for my barra of 2010. :cry: got two to hit my lure but lost both.

Fredfish wrote:
I recognise the place .. tried trawling once there but no luck .... I stayed at Atiq's place in Murud ... we also did Bhalgaon .... maybe the timing was wrong ....

The only fish that came on this trip was on spinning.. lunch for 4 tired anglers.. my first saltwater catch on a lure. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks - sanjay , fred and santosh

fred :arrow: the place is always covered in MAYA JAAL { nets } and double nets sometimes, I guess I got lucky when the local fishermen lifted their nets and were busy decorating their boats for holi , I do know Atiq well. you have a PM

santosh :arrow: buddy don't be sad 9 magical months still remain and we shall see you smiling with your prize catch on this forum :-) :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm 
Fishaholic

That was a great catch. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:17 am 
Fishaholic

lionheart wrote:
santosh :arrow: buddy don't be sad 9 magical months still remain and we shall see you smiling with your prize catch on this forum :-) :-)

Had them in plenty.. there was a time when i saw barra’s as a normal catch.. MJ's were coming thick and fast... groupers were in plenty, GT's on popping, barracudas like trash fish.. all this was when I started fishing three years back.. and now, with plenty of tackle, 100's of lures and fishing is now hard work.. , welcome to the anglers world. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:27 am 
Fishaholic

thanks apoo

Santosh wrote
Quote:
Had them in plenty.. there was a time when i saw barra’s as a normal catch.. MJ's were coming thick and fast... groupers were in plenty, GT's on popping, barracudas like trash fish.. all this was when I started fishing three years back.. and now, with plenty of tackle, 100's of lures and fishing is now hard work.. , welcome to the anglers world.

have seen all your snaps :wink:
I agree with you plenty of different lures in the market and still its hard to fool that peanut size brain under the water :?

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:28 am 
Enlightened

Hi...
Hello Sir...
Congrats on you catch sir. Please allow me to join you sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Sayed bhai! sorry haven't posted my comments on this thread before, surprisingly came across it but didnt post at the time. Congrats for the lovely chitada's both look very beautiful and yummy!

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Hi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm 
Fishaholic

sagar_mane wrote:
Hi...
Hello Sir...
Congrats on you catch sir. Please allow me to join you sir.

Thanks Sagar , OK will do after the rains {3months}

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
Sayed bhai! sorry haven't posted my comments on this thread before, surprisingly came across it but didnt post at the time. Congrats for the lovely chitada's both look very beautiful and yummy!

Regards,

@ Omesh This is my very first picture released on IA :wink: it was a hit in the first week itself :P

:x Omesh the correct name of the fish is Jitada next time if you misspell the fish " I will keep catching but stop eating that fish " :evil: :evil: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Lovely, thanks for sharing