[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Qibla Bandi - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Qibla Bandi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 am 
Fishaholic

Finally Managed the time to go for a trip. And what a trip it turned out to be.

The camp

Left @ 5.30 on Saturday morning for Qibla Bandi Dam. Reached the water @ 7.25, selected a spot ( That wasnt my fav :twisted: ) but decided to sit there as every1 else was in favour of the area. Casted our rods but there was no action. At around 10.30 I got my first bite and landed my first Narian also known as ( Mori/Moracca)

The first of many Narian

After that landed two Narain of similar sizes ( all on Worms) and a Rahu close to a Kg on Atta.

Then Rohail managed to Land a similar fish in just his second outing) :P

Rohails first catch

On the first day caught 7 Narian in total, I rahu, A dozen Talpia and a couple of eels. Decided to call it a day as the team was exhausted.

Got up early next morning and I decided to move to the spot that I thought was the better one and WALA!!!! :D . The fish kept pouring in.

Narian

and more Narian

The vigil of Shah jee :lol:

Over all it was a very good trip and we managed to catch close to 45 Fish amongst the 6 of Us. Took home a few of them, all of the species taken home were the not on the endangered species list.... :-)

My daughter Aayla inspecting the catch :lol:

Last edited by shaphan on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:58 am 
Fishaholic

Great trip mate. And your daughter is a doll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:30 am 
Fishaholic

Thanx MK.

just a question I cant the pics the rite size. Although i resized them for Large but there just the size of Thumb nails in the post :roll:

Help needed :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice pics, mate !! Way to go ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:25 pm 
Fishaholic

Shapan!

Actually the way you have posted the pics is perfect. It does n ot slow down the site and if anybody needs to see the pix in a larger size all he has to do is click on it. Imageshack (the host) then opens up and displays the pic/s.

Or you could resize your pics on photoshop and try and keep them less then 1 MB or 4 inches wide.

Bops is the best person to guide you through this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

Shaphan, good show, nice place.

You will have to resize the pics as per the instructions in the first posts under the image gallery. Max size is 640 X 480 and you have used the wrong link from imageshack. Have a look at the how to post images tutorial also under the image gallery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: fish
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:14 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:48 am 
Fishaholic

Shaphan, are there any sowls there?? (you know my fascination for lure fishing :lol: :lol: ). What size were the baam that you caught/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:37 am 
Fishaholic

The eels weren't that Big as we weren't at the rocky spot near the spill way 8) . As per the locals the eels are bigger there. The same rocky part is the only spot were u can catch the occasional masheer/ Snake head. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:30 pm 
Enlightened

wow! nice catch, as always. your daughter is just like a little angel and its heartening to see angels too like fish :-)

my past few weeks were also quit boring, now starting to have some time.
after looking at your pics, thinking qibla bandi is the best for a fresh start. you know i m pindi, how to reach qibla bandi dam (especially your spot :wink: :evil: ). can you please guide?

thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Just about great to see pics of a good fishing trip,nice sweet kids,tents and the rods laid out - Could life be better ?
Cheers...Ham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:25 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:09 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm 

Shaphan, Great pics.Keep on doing it!
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 pm 
Fishaholic

eljefe,

Thanx mate :lol:

Gavin,

Yeah its a real beautiful place. They are big fish also there. Rahu, Common carp, Narian but thats a rare scene as the dam is on commercial lease and when the lease period is about to end the contractor does net the dam religiously as he has invested a fair amount into it. :cry:

Owen,

as for the fish Narian are also refered to as ( Moracca and Mori), will try and search up the scientific name as well. It is a resonably bony fish, but the bones are bigger and not a pain. ( Tasty Fish Tough :lol: ). I also always thought that it looked some what like a Mirgal. A few of the Narian we caught reflected signs of a cross with Rahus as they had similar colorations.

I have never heard any 1 in Pakistan using the word Mirgal, may be Narian is the Pakistani version of a Mirgal.

Narian are bottom feeders, grow reasonably quickly. Are caught from April to Novemember ( Angling), put up a decent fight. MOstly caught on worms ( reports of Narian on Atta are also there). If u hit a school then rest ashore u'll catch a few of them. Like the Rahu a fish driven by smell.

Weight Chari is the best way to improve your sucess rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen as per my Fosh Base search Morakha/Narian/ Mori is the same fish as Mirgal :lol:

The link is

http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/Species ... hp?id=4494

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:34 pm 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:16 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:57 pm 
Enlightened

yes shah sahib, i heard that same, don't understand the reason though, any idea?

thank you shaphan, i'll definitly try to visit in couple of days.
other than that will wait for your friend's call too.. :-)

regarding other places, i m a starter, so prefer to follow you guys instead of jumping on new grounds... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:35 pm 
Fishaholic

i think he want save fish from anglers
i don't understand why mix grease, if u wanna save fish from angler don't give them permission. I saw my self the water was oily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:34 pm 
Fishaholic

By mixing grease in water he can save fish from everyone!!! including himslef :wink: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:21 am 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:49 am 
Enlightened

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:00 pm 
Fishaholic