->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Kids Go Fishing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

About Fishing
Mom feels the kids are spoiled!!! [smilie=hate.gif] [smilie=mad.gif]
Kids feel thats the thing [smilie=gt-happyup.gif] [smilie=hiya.gif] [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=coolup.gif]

Whats your take :?: :?: :?: :?:

FIRST CATCH, A small Talapia [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
Wow!!!!!!!!! [smilie=shock.gif]
A large size Channa Punctata, locally called 'Dola', caught with an earthworm
Talapia
Big Bro :arrow: Big Talapia [smilie=hiya.gif] Small Bro :arrow: Small Talapia :cry:
Identify the fish, please :?: :?:
You Dont catch a fish every time [smilie=romanjury.gif]
Finally, the dream come true. [smilie=hiya.gif] A big rohu (landed with dad's help)
By sualeh

Last edited by Sualeh on Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sualeh,

your boys are living a dream...fishing with dad... keep it up. I'm sure your boys will go on to talk about this to their kids someday :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sualeh,

with a father like you, I am sure your kids are going to grow up as good anglers.

have 4 &1/2 and 8 month old boys.. will get the elder one started later this year.. :D

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:22 pm 
Fishaholic

hi sualeh,

nice fishing mate. your pics made me remember my childhood fishing days with my dad. the fish you want to identify looks like a seetul to me.

regards,

aamir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Santosh
Just to tell you, my sons have gone so crazy about angling that they asked me to buy complete tackle for them. I told them they are too young to have complete tackle but they offered to forego their pocket money for many months. You know than i had to buy complete tackle for each one of them. I have found that kids are too good at evolving new techniques. Atleast better than me. Must take your kids. They are a lovely company.

Cheers

Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:22 am 
Fishaholic

Well done to train a new generation of anglers, brings back memories of when I started fishing with my Dad and when I first took my son fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:57 pm 
Fishaholic

good going.... the fish you are trying to id is the notopetrus notopetrus, commonly known as the cheetul in N. India...

Keep the kids at it... seems that they are hooked!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Take them fishing every time now. And later they'll take you fishing. That's what families are all about. God bless you and your family mate.

If it is a Cheetul then it will grow big, up to 8 kgs maybe even more. Or it could even what we call a patta (leaf) which stays small, up to 500gms. either way they are good to eat. The Bongs love them.

Cheers mate

PS teach them the importance of conservation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerkan and Indiangypsy

Thanks a lot for the nice sentiments. My boys have also read the massage and feel great about it. Immediate result: we are going fishing sunday morning at 4 in the morning. You know its a hard job every day to get the kids up in time for school. On Sunday when we are going fishing, they are up at 3:30 am on ist call. Half asleep, they pick up their tackle and sit in the car. They are crazy about it and can even forego a cricket match for fishing.
As for conservation, dont worry about it. During the fishing session, its infact kind of an informal class/quiz test going on. i talk to them about environment conservation, fish species, nature, plants and every thing (worst part for them is remembering the spellings of all these things, which they have to). But we really enjoy the surroundings, fishing and each others company. Thanks a lot again for the good wishes.

Cheers

Sualeh

Post subject: fish
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:48 pm 
Enlightened

Hi Sualeh,
to me there is nothing nicer to see than a father and his sons enjoying fishing together. Well done.
Henry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:33 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Sualeh, Have no kids of my own ( I think :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: )... but have been fishing with my Dad for about 15 years now and believe me, it's one great feeling.. Learnt a lot and have shared a lot of ideas with him..
With my busy schedule and travelling, I hardly get time to spend with the parents but thrice a month, my Old Man and myself will make it a point to go and wet our lines..

My best wishes to your kids and I know they will grow to be fine anglers just like their Dad.. Cheers !! :P :P

All the best once again... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:35 am 
Fishaholic

P.S.Get them the tackle and help them out.. Encourage them while thay have an interest for the sport..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:01 am 
Fishaholic

Good fishing pics
But where is the location?
Please post in the trips and locations whenever possible

Post subject: Hi, Congrats
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am 
Enlightened

Hi Sualeh,

Your kids are Great.
Kids- Congrats !!. Keep it up, and have patience and after some lessons from Dad, surely there will be a big catch. Dont forget to post your picture with big catch.

Congrats to you -Sualeh, for your patience.............kids will remember all this.

Nice location. Where is this?

All the Best.

Ronald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi Sualeh

How did it go?

IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Great going.

Great to see that your taking your kids with you and there doing great.

Where was that you went fishing????

Any ways great going

Looking forward to meeting you

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Shaphan
Thanks. Went to Rawal Lake. This was my first time on Rawal lake, so didn't know about the places and than there were too many people around. Looking forward to meet you.

Cheers

Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Gavin
Thanks for the comments. All 4 or my sons have complete tackle now, i mean the bare minimum required for fishing. ie, rod, reel, tackle box, a variety of spoons and spinners etc which they keep buying from their pocket money. They are in it and i dont think they will ever be able to get out of it. Initially they were afraid of worms etc but now they handle them quite profeciently. In fact so proficiently that my youngest son picked a large earthworm from the lawn and slipped it in the shirt of one of his class mates. Result: I was called in the school and --------. Anyway, i am happy that they are becoming outdoor type and no the computer games crazy kids. Apreciate your feelings. Thanks.

As for the photos, they have been taken from various places , mostly near Maralla where Chenab, Jammu Tawi and Munawar Tawi rivers meet. There are many recreation parks in that area too.

Cheers

Sualeh.

Post subject: hi sualeh
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am 
Fishaholic

great pics dude. it is not important what fish ur kids catch. what is more important is the ideas which they use to catch them. so motivate them for new ideas. thats really great. every avid angler would want these type of children. these are gods blessings to ur entire family.
regards,
spoonangler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 am 
Fishaholic

Hi spoonangler

Thanks a lot and happy fishing. i saw your mahseer pics. really great ones.

Cheers

Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:17 am 
Fishaholic

Great going at Rawal Dam :-)

Where about ??? And was the rahu caught on a float????????

So when are we meeting up????? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Shaphan

All the rohu that i have caught till date are with float fishing. The one in the pic has not been caught from Rawal lake but from Marala using roti as a bait. Good luck with float fishing.

Cheers

Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:59 pm 
Fishaholic

This morning, the kids rached Rawal Lake at 5. Were able to catch one fair size common carp (gulfam), a grass carp and more than fifty Talapias of decent size. Interesting thing was that the kids had prepared their own style of rigs, getting help of my angling books. Most interesting was that one of my sons came to me and borrowed a dry fly. I asked him what will he do with the dry fly; he was using a spinning outfit. But he attached an earth worm on the hook and casted it using 11 gm float. And to my utter surprise, Talapias attacked the dry fly ferociously. It was good fun and the kids caught over fifty talapias and other small fish. Except about a dozen large Talapias, all were either released or brought home and released in a nearby pond (a permanat pond). But the worst or the best part was that the kids started giving me angling lessons after a while as i was looking for a big one and could not catch anything. :cry: A good day out.
[IMG]
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=524&i=dscn00101yu2.jpg][IMG]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm 
Fishaholic

Just About GREAT - I have never known better development of the human mind then to let it venture on to an unknown medium (ie water).
Ur Sons will do well in life just let them go on .
I remember my son that age when he would rig one rod after another(he had little patience) and try one technique after another -and I would scream- and he did bring out fish -though mostly small.
And what did we biggies do - we would deserte our eqpt and run for what he was doing - and maybe catch one odd one.
Angling truly contributes towards the development of a mind
Keep Going Strong - This Is it
God Bless ur Kids
Hamdhingra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot Hamdhingra, my sons read your posts with lot of interest.
Regards
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:24 am 
Fishaholic

Hey! People learn form them kids. Innovate, experiment and give up those tried tested ideas that hardly catch any fish.

Thank your kids from me Sualeh. Will try this soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:49 am 
Site Admin

Hats off to the boys! Sualeh you will never have to worry about having someone to drive you to the river in your old age :-)

If you have anyone coming from Bangalore to where you live let me know. I would like to send the boys some things.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot Bops! Myself and my sons feel honoured. By the way they have started reading the posts with lot of interest. I live in Islamabad but unfortunately, have no one known in Banglore. Thanks a lot mate.
Regards
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Sualeh Saheb,

Great going. Agree with every1 else. Angling teaches us a lot only if the people would understand. Paitence, Displine and keeps us in tact with nature. Way 2 go.

"Hats off to the boys! Sualeh you will never have to worry about having someone to drive you to the river in your old age" BOPS ur very rite in saying that. Sualeh and evryother person is very lucky whos kids r into fishing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:48 am 
Fishaholic

Sualeh,
I wish U consider Safety. I have brought in 4 of these PFD vests Gd 3 .I myself fit them onto the kids and elders aswell.and then I write their names behind the vests.they are not allowed to change settings.
Then by the river side I am carefree - earlier I used to be on tenterhooks when I was with kids. this would mostly apply to fast flowing water.
WW...Ham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 am 
Fishaholic

Perfect point there Ham.

Safety for the kids is of utmost importance.

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:05 pm 
Enlightened

I too agree with Hamdhingra, safety is first.

I am happy for the boys who show so much interest in fishing in their early years. And of course boys - don’t ever neglect studies......

Regards,

Ronald.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks for the point, its a very valid one and I could not agree more on this. It will be taken care of.
Regards
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 pm 

Sualeh, For starters , Congrats on a great way to keep the art and bonding going! Viva the nexgen, minus the "power rangers" and "transformers".
Just keep on doin it!
As For Gavin;s claim about not having kids....;)
best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Sualeh the second thing I ensured was that there were always chocolates in my pocket On one trip I found my son who I anchored / secured to myself with a 30 ft parachute cord and was made to spin fish upstream from me .(Bata river where it joined Yamuna then in Paonta sahib in 1989- he was 9 then) . After 1 hour of standing in the running water and spinning, I found he was not performing and kind of lackluster and just not himself. Wondered what was on –was it the hard breeze-the absence of the mother-or was the child gonna go sick.By God these Kids are too proud and will not say there are down.Wondered ----and then the 5 Star Choc did the trick and in 20 minutes it was the same boy running in and out of water. Chocs thereafter became a part of our kit even if it is summers.We still have not devised a way to keep them dry in our cooler . but then even semi soggy chocs will do – it keeps them going strong for 2-3 hrs.
And its great to have kids around
God Bless Them
Hamdhingra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:39 am 

Hi..
Well, this reminds me of the days when I took my son, AARON for fishing when he was very young.

Its always nice to go out angling with your kids..The kids grow up learning to be patient..enjoy nature and the wild..explore new places..Today , I have no regrets on getting my son into angling..Now he is 17 years and he plans our fishing expeditions..He now teaches me the finer aspects of angling..We have a whale of a time fishing together..

Regards,

Arokiaraj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Hamdhingra, we normally carry chocolates along.
Hi Arokiaraj, thats a lovely setting, son planning the fishing trips and taking the father along. Thats wonderful.
Regards
Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Zains first big one ( a 1/2 kg Kalabans), caught on 12 Oct 2007 from Masriot Lake on atta.
Waiting.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Congrats Zain! Keep it up, good show :-)

Cheers
IA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:53 am 
Fishaholic

Way to go Zain.

You should sign up and have your own 'call sign' now. Then start posting your views and experiences. We will all learn something new and innovative.

Keep them coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:25 am 
Fishaholic

Keep it up Zain

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Good Zain -Keep it up
Hamdhingra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 am 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot. I will try to catch more next week.:lol:
Zain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:56 pm 

HI Zain, go for it mate!
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Great going zain,

A half kg Kalbonse coooool mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 am 
Fishaholic

Nice Kalbonse Zain. Keep at it and you'll get a twenty pound mahseer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks a lot uncles. I am very happy for my fishing.
Zain