[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Jain Kul - INDIANANGLER ->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:25 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Jain Kul
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:53 am 
Fishaholic

This is a picture of JainKul, in the gorge area. It used to contain some great big masheer, silund, wallago attu & rohu. Haven't fished there in 5 years. This stretch comes under Saad Bin Jung's outfit now. Anyone been here recently ?
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen,

What a beautiful pool that is. I checked it out earlier this year when waters were perfect. I met Saad at Sangam and we went down and had a look at the stretch. There's some really fantastic water there. Its a much harder stretch to fish, but a 60lber in that water would be a fight of a lifetime.

I've fished just under the 'leap' and landed a few small catfish and a couple of mahseer. Nothing big. The bit I like is 'hanerudu chakra' just upstream. No idea how I'd land a big fish but.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:34 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen,

Have a look at this picture. I'm a bit confused :oops: Its been taken from on top of the gorge, if I remember right its a picture of the rapid just after Jain Kallu. Does it look familiar? I have a whole lot odf the stretch but I should have made a note of what I was shooting.

The water was high then, but falling. Does Jain Kallu get submerged? If so then its possible the rock is not visible (bottom right)

Thanks,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Thats it mate! Jain Kul. If you look straight down nearly 75 to a 100 feet below where you took the picture, you will see this big huge boulder that is called Jain Kul. Wonder if we will ever get to fish this spot again as WASI members ?
Tell you what, if you wait for the water to turn just the right colour, and even if the water is high, but atleast 10 feet below Jain Kul you have a great chance of hitting a biggie at the left corner. I have seen baby pigeons that fall out of the rocks above being plucked out of the water at that place. When the water is lower, only the smaller fish hang around the corner. You can see this spot in the picture that you have posted. It is just before the fast water begins.
Posting Ontigundu left & right channel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:59 pm 
Fishaholic

AAAHHH!!! Fantastic. The very same channels :-) What a piece of water this is Owen.
The small sand bank I was fishing from is just out of your photo... on the right hand side.
Ravi had cast into the channel to the left of the pic. What fun if he had got a whack, the fish would have taken him over in the blink of an eye :twisted:
I was snagged in the middle and the fish ran straight down.
Brilliant!!
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Bops!
Anything like that headlight available in India ? Run out of favours asking people to get me stuff.
Nothing like having a fishing buddy mate. Someone to keep the fire going, or fix the ragi when i'm pooped!
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:12 pm 
Fishaholic

You need to fish this place from the spot where i took the picture. The sandbank side is where one fishes from when you are camped on the right bank. From the spot where i took the picture there are 2 places to cast. One straight down the right channel, and the other just under your feet, keeping the bait from going down the left channel. Getting a fish out of the left channel is a night mare.

We once hit a Carnatic Carp from just below my feet and it went down the left channel. I had both Suban and Bola with me, and they had to launch a major operation to get back this 12 lb carp.

We all had a good laugh later, thanking our good stars that it wasen't a masheer.

Some great spots about 50 to 100 yards above Ontigundu, which is where John hit those two biggies. Good fishing also possible below Ontigundu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen,

I did swim across the channel the next day to where you've taken the photograph from. I wanted to investigate the 'left' channel. It's madness to fish that one from the left :twisted: , but if one managed to hook and land a fish, what a ride it would be :shock: .... kinda like having the rug pulled from under your feet!!!

If I was where you were when you took this pic, I'd probably be a chicken and cast straight down into the right channel :oops:

Talking about casting under one's feet.... did that at Mosslehalla while fishing there at night. It's awesome to have a fish take the bait from so close.... I must have had 15 to 20 feet of line from my rod tip.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Dude we better fish together soon and catch up on all this stuff!
The rest of the guys will think we are nut's. :?

I tend to take it with a pinch of salt when some of our forum express the idea that the Kaveri is not wild enough for them, they have been given to understand that the fish have been caught before and there is no fun in fishing there any longer. God what a river this is, and you can never have fished the whole stretch in a lifetime.

Talk about wild, i have spent a night in Mekadatu caves with a herd of elephants on top of the cave. They had the gorge shaking with their trumpeting. Never slept a wink :shock:
If inly they knew!
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rustam,

Lighthound has very reasonable shipping rates. Brightguy charges $66.41 only for shipping the headlamp to India [smilie=holyshit.gif]

I'd rather go with Lighthound if they can procure the EOS.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:09 pm 
Fishaholic

[quote="Rustam Bana]

Not a prayer, Owen. Or at least highly unlikely. It's a good headlamp and you could test drive mine if you like.

Rustam[/quote]

Hi Rustam,
Is this the same headlamp that Prathap has now? It's pretty decent for fishing. I found the battery pack a bit bulky but.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Just one word of caution. If you order too many then you may be asked for an import licence by Postal Customs and you wont be able to claim "it's for my own personal use and not for any commercial purposes." Unless, your name happens to be Ravana.

On second thought's if you do get a Show Cause notice, you could always write back saying that this was a group order by individuals and each individual gives a letter saying that one of the units is for his own personal use. Maybe worth a try.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Think we have hi-jacked this thread far enough, so pics added on a seperate thread.

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=108

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Post subject: Pun Alert!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 pm 
Fishaholic

You mean to say you have never heard of Flashaholics Anonymous? :shock:

Sheesh...talk about Philistines...

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

As long as its only torches that are being flashed Rustam.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:05 pm 
Fishaholic

LOL. Nice one! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Sorry.... couldn't resist!! You walked into that one.
See you tomorrow!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:24 pm 
Fishaholic