->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Fishing in Uttar Pardesh
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:02 pm 

Mahaseer fishing is done in Kathgodam / Nainital at Pancheshwar 8 hrs trip in Kumaon Himalayas at the confluence of river Kali & Sarju.

Unable to find site for fishing lic in UP

Navdeep

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:02 pm 

Thanks for the info Navdeep,
Appreciated.
Axx

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:24 pm 

eljefe wrote:
Appreciated.
Axx

Asif
UP destinations are nearer to you from Noida, especially Dehra DUn/Yamuna Nagar but Bhakra Dam could also be a good alternate site for fishing. On the way to Bhakra there is Ropar Hydel head and further up is Bhakra.. Current Punjab's gov Gen Rodrigues ( mis-spelled) casts his lines in Ropar Hydel ( red in Tribune newspaper).
But then again not knowing current traffic patterns and congestion points, driving times can vary.. It takes me 2 hours sometimes just getting to airport from outer ring road in New Delhi
All the best

Navdeep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:23 pm 
Fishaholic

ngrewal wrote:
eljefe wrote:
Appreciated.
Axx

Asif
UP destinations are nearer to you from Noida, especially Dehra DUn/Yamuna Nagar but Bhakra Dam could also be a good alternate site for fishing. On the way to Bhakra there is Ropar Hydel head and further up is Bhakra.. Current Punjab's gov Gen Rodrigues ( mis-spelled) casts his lines in Ropar Hydel ( red in Tribune newspaper).
But then again not knowing current traffic patterns and congestion points, driving times can vary.. It takes me 2 hours sometimes just getting to airport from outer ring road in New Delhi
All the best

Navdeep

Yamuna Nagar is in Haryana navdeep :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:24 pm 
Fishaholic

ngrewal wrote:
Asif
UP destinations are nearer to you from Noida, especially Dehra DUn/Yamuna Nagar Navdeep

Yamuna Nagar is in Haryana and Dehradoon is in Uttaranchal navdeep :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:28 am 

kanwar76 wrote:
ngrewal wrote:
Asif
UP destinations are nearer to you from Noida, especially Dehra DUn/Yamuna Nagar Navdeep

Yamuna Nagar is in Haryana and Dehradoon is in Uttaranchal navdeep :roll: :mrgreen:

Kanwar

Thats correct I meant paonta Sahib area cross river bridge its UP. I used to travel from DDun to Chandigarh and preferred Via Nahan route rather than Saharanpur / Jagadri /Yamuna nagar.
navdeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:20 pm 
Fishaholic

I hve been told by various people that beats after Poanta Saheb Gurudwara are good for Golden mahseer and rainbow trout.

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:09 pm 

Maybe a good idea to try Dadopur near Yamuna Nagar.

Am planning a trip to Pancheshwar this oct , any takers ?

Cheers Rohit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 am 

kanwar76 wrote:
I hve been told by various people that beats after Poanta Saheb Gurudwara are good for Golden mahseer and rainbow trout.

Inder

are u saying Poanta sahib is great place to fish for Mahaseer?

Navdeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:26 pm 
Fishaholic

ngrewal wrote:
Navdeep

Yah Nevdeep,

If you come downstream towards Kalesar, there are some good beats according to locals and that area is not heavily fished. Fishing happens after Hathini kund, Last year I was there at Hathini Kund, saw some locals bag some Big Rohu's on Handline

Haryana Fisheries Department even have annual angling competetion there See This

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:55 pm 

kanwar76 wrote:
ngrewal wrote:
Navdeep

Yah Nevdeep,

Haryana Fisheries Department even have annual angling competetion there See This

Inder

Check the picture gallery..one of them is aquarium shot..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:31 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Navdeep,

Call GMVN <gmvn.org> for Licenses for Pancheshwar Mahseer fishing. The nearest rest is GMVN, Lohaghat about 35 kms. GMVN also has offices throughout india.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:36 pm 

Ashok

Thanks for the info, frankly I am just a beginner in this sport. Hardly fished much and this was just some info I gleaned from internet. Glad to have you around, especially some one from Chandigarh area. Are there any fishing jaunts nearer to Chandigarh especially towards Ropar/Bhakra or up in HP? Do they allow fishing in Sukha lake?

Regards
navdeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:36 pm 
Fishaholic

ngrewal wrote:
Check the picture gallery..one of them is aquarium shot..

Saw this post today... That must be from Bade babuji's office aquarium :evil: :twisted:

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:37 pm 
Fishaholic

ngrewal wrote:
Do they allow fishing in Sukha lake?Regards
navdeep

I once saw some people fishing with handlines on the other side of the lake.

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Navdeep,

Some serious spots near Chandigarh would be :
1.Pong Dam [Chandigarh-Ropar-Bhakra Dam-Una-Pong Dam]
2.Bhakra Dam [see above route]
3.Ganges [15-40 kms upstream section of Rishikesh, please fish all the confluences at Vyasghat & one or two more]
4.Hatnikund [about 20 kms from Poanta Sahib, Poanta is on NH72, Chandigarh-DehraDun]
5.Maybe some spots on Yamua upstream of Dakpatthar [Juddu-Hatiyari section]. Dakpatthar is just 10 kms off the road on the Poanta Sahib-DehraDun road [NH72 turn off from Herbertpur for Vikasnagar and take final directions from Vikasnagar].

But if you are looking for pukka Mahseer holiday + Corbett National Park go for the Marchula-Banghat beat on the Ramganga. The best time would be 2,3 & 4th weeks of Oct , i suppose.

That brings to my mind that we should have a log book on the forum where anglers would post catches, lures that worked & the ones that did not and such details. Such info would be of great help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Kanwar76, Navdeep.

There was a time Poanta was a great place for Mahseer but that may not be true now. There are pockets around Poanta that may hold good Mahseer but the fishing is not consistent.Poanta does not have Rainbow Trout. This is not rainbow trout area as about less than 15 kms downstream the Yamuna enters the plains of Haryana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:21 am 

Thanks Ashok nice bit of information on North India fishing. Maybe you could post your pictures sometime.

I used to love that drive to DDun through Nahan Poanta sahib, there is place between Solan and Nahan for trout..cant recall the name or area but last I heard thanks to dynamite fishing nothing much was biting there.

regards
Navdeep

Post subject: rainbow trout
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:29 am 

Guys, very informative... Ashok, you are a veritable fountainhead of fishy info! Waiting for a sortie with you and the rest of the gang -as many as can!
Long time Navdeep, hope all fine? have been posting erratically here and on the other forum :lol:
Read about the rainbow trout-must make mention here of a trout fly pack I picked up, in my ignorance(to a newbie, all hooks are the same-there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel now)last sun, went out to check out my new equipment at the Hindon barrage a few km from Noida,and tied the trout fly and cast with it-was absolutely irresistable to 2 socks and a 20 lb wet gunny sack :wink: :lol: :lol: Have just exchanged the flies for two spinners locally
But I know how to tie, confident that knots will hold, and hopefully the rod will not follow the cast :twisted:
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Asif,

I was in Noida for two weeks last september. I had my tackles and gears also. But at that time I didnt know you and there was nobody to accompany me to take me to some lakes and pools. It would have been great.

Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Asif,

I stayed in Sec 22 in the IOC flats.

Apoo