->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:30 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Friends,
Went fishing to the Manchenbale dam on Saturday, I must say that this wasnt a fruitful expedition at all, we spent several hours waiting patiently but did not have a single bite. But the scenery was good so that made up for it.
Maybe the spot we selected wasnt "fishy enough :-)" - will try a second spot and a third till we succeed.
Bait used was Earthworms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:49 am 
Fishaholic

Hi
john next visit try opp to pump set i have had lots of luck there
regards
riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:49 am 
Enlightened

The only person who had some decent luck at Manchenbale dam is Riaz. And he has photos to prove that.
Riaz...come on...!!! what is that secret bait...!!!? :wink:

| Cheers
| Sreekanth Soman
|
|
|
¿ < º)))))><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:56 am 
Enlightened

Good to see that 'Enlightened' under my name.
Yes... I too feel so...!!! Thank you all....!!! [smilie=coolup.gif]

But when will I be so enlightened... so that I have so much knowledge to equal the number of posts by Owen/Bobby/Fred/Gavin etc....??? :roll:

| Cheers
| Sreekanth Soman
|
|
|
¿ < º)))))><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

planing a week end trip would you like to join me

purchased a brand new spinning rod and abu baitcasting reel through bops
wanna try both
regards
riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

What was the bait you used.
I tried earthworms and also chicken gut (man that oozed stuff that was gross).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:37 pm 
Fishaholic

try bread and vanilla..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:25 am 
Fishaholic

Aaron wrote:
try bread and vanilla..

Try this: Take some home made ghee...keep it out for @ 24 hrs or till it stinks a bit. Prepare some atta (use less water) & then add the rotting ghee to it & knead it well. Keep it open overnight (again) so that it dries up a bit. You can also add some powdered dry fish / prawns to it & your bait is ready.

Simultaneously take a banana, split it in two, put a bar of mars chocolate, wrap it in foil & carry along. If you dont get any bites, then prepare a small fire, drop the foil with banana /chocolate in it, wait for a couple of mins & u can bite into that.

Either way you will be satisfied :lol:

Regards,
Keyur

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Excellent desert recipe for camping!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 am 
Enlightened

[quote="Keyur']
Simultaneously take a banana, split it in two, put a bar of mars chocolate, wrap it in foil & carry along. If you dont get any bites, then prepare a small fire, drop the foil with banana /chocolate in it, wait for a couple of mins & u can bite into that.[/quote]

Thanks for the recipe for human and fish bait...!!!! :D
Want to try the banana/mars thing now.

| Cheers
| Sreekanth Soman
|
|
|
¿ < º)))))><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 am 
Fishaholic

Ill try them both and let u know how it goes :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 am 
Fishaholic

Yummy! banana and choc... Now want to try that with a nice juicy mango.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:37 am 
Site Admin

Hey Susheel, did you ground bait the area before fishing?

Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:39 pm 
Fishaholic

nope - no biryani was left over for that :P , we were at the other end of the dam next to the army stakeout - fish could be seen jumpin around but none took the bait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi
sorry for the late response held up with some business

for rahu first ground bait with ghee residue and sunflower oil cake wait for 30 min by mean time you can setup your tackle the best hook is #4 carp hook for hook bait use venilla essence Bush make and milk bread kneed to a soft lump leave it covered in a damp cloth for over nite

check 1st cast bait after 5min or so if found small nibbles means lot of small fish is feasting your precious bait

course ground some boiled sweet corn kernals and sprinkle some say about 5ft or so wait for some time

and start hooking rahu
hope this will be of some help for you
good luck

at memchenbele the game is too slow patience is required
regards
riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Friends check this out - better be careful when you go to Manchenbele.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Citi ... 195365.cms

"Purushotham was killed and his girlfriend left tied to a tree when they went to Manchinbele.................."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Imagine :shock: ...

And some dudes nearly walzted away with my lucky hat and Derek's spinner kit.

Riaz did warn us not to stay late...but that was for a diff reason :(

Anyways...I wonder if anyone would want to mess with such nice, decent,wellbehaved,gentlemen....I'm talking of us :P

But I am still game to go there again and get those Rohu who ate all our groundbait :evil:

Jude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

Folks, the risks are real. I suggest that if you guys have to fish at night then make sure that there are at least four of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am 

thanks for the info on the dangers at Machinabele..

In fact after the Bangers outing at machinabele, I was eying for a right time to camp overnight and try my luck at machinabele..

But now I have second thoughts on my first thought.

Arokiaraj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Read a few safe fishing tips a while ago.

1. Before heading off inform at least one person about where you are going and when you will be back.

2. Have them check/call on you if you are late.

3. If there is no cell coverage try and make a call from the nearest STD booth and give the number to someone responsible. Tell the booth owner your name and request him to take messages. (be polite)

4. Try not going alone. (hate this one) If you do go alone carry a whistle/air horn/etc

5. When stranger approach pretend to be part of a party and claim that the rest will be arriving at any time.

6. Don't flash money, gold, expensive watches, etc. Be polite. And very confident.

7. Do not carry any weapons. These can and will be used against you in case things get nasty.

Stay safe everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 pm 
Fishaholic

As the cop head puts it ` if its privacy they want, get a Hotel room` and still get raided by cops asking you for your marriage licence. :oops: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Regarding menchenbele iam the most visited person for the past one year
earlier i too used to camp in the nights never had any problems with liveing beings
unfortunately when camped on fullmoon or dark nights had experienced some extra supernatural fear full visions
first time was very hard to belive 2nd time built up a challenge in mind to feel the experience again, and had a spine chilling experience

From that day never dared to stay Again i request all my fellow anglers
not to ask too many questions regarding this issue
Prevention is better than cure
regards
riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:41 pm 
Fishaholic

PM me the details..interested in the occult!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:40 am 
Fishaholic

Riaz - Please PM me the details as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:56 am 
Fishaholic

riaz wrote:
unfortunately when camped on fullmoon or dark nights had experienced some extra supernatural fear full visions
first time was very hard to belive 2nd time built up a challenge in mind to feel the experience again, and had a spine chilling experience
riaz

Well - given the number of deaths there (suicide, Murder and swimming accidents) one can only imagine what lurks there in the darkness of the night.

If the mods permit maybe you can share that experience on a forum here - many (like me) im sure would like to hear of those experiences you had.
What say you Bops?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:09 am 
Fishaholic

HI Raiz,

PM me the details as well. I'm most interested in these cases. The last I heard of such cases was what my bro experienced at the Taj (colaba) old wing a couple of years ago & later found out that he was not the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:23 am 
Fishaholic

Riaz, Please add me to the PM list..

has any one visited at karnala bird sanctuary (60 km from mumbai)??
I & two of my cousins camped there few years back, had to run from there at about 2.30 am.... still get goose bumps thinking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:45 am 

Hi Riaz,
Last time when we were all there, I asked an old man (Local person who came there) , whether we can camp at night and do fishing? whther anyone has caught fish there at Machenabele at night? But that old man advised me to keep off that place at night..Infact he even advised me not to take a nap during the day in that place..I asked him , why? But he just told me , "nimmege artha agothilla" ( You don't understand anything)..

Hmmm Mr. Riaz, now I understand those Ghostly reasons..

Arokiaraj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:08 am 
Fishaholic

Hi,

I have camped in Manchinbele several times, I have not had any eerie experience yet. There will always be some kind of Urban Legends I guess anywhere.

The last time I camped at Manchinbele I caught 4.5 KG Murrel, and several cat fish.

The Army personnel camp there in their makeshift tents on a daily basis, apart fromt he Army practising shooting at night, I havent seen anything.

Regards
derek Dsouza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Let's hear all your supernatural stories folks!

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:34 pm 

Riaz, we are all fellow anglers her, with tons of fishy tales-"kya size tha machan!" etc etc , so whats a few more tales? go ahead and lets hear them!
;)
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:43 pm 
Fishaholic

The 1st experience of un-natural things happened while camping in minchenbele

It was my third time of night camping in that place, earliers stays were cool caught some talapias catfish small ones and few marals all for the pot had some barbaque nap and early morning swim
one unfortunate day we had no catches not even desent size talapias, haden't pre planed to stay over night due to the bad day suddenly decided to stay over night .with no proper lighting arrangements came back towards the dam where enough light of the dam was flashing got some chicken prepared for barbaque and trying luck landed up some catfish, we were five of them along with one guard, the night was too dark some where around 1 30 am three of them slept on the sand bank my self and one of my domastic helper were having chicken with some soft drinks all of a sudden we saw some kind of white light in the middle of the water as a reflection of some moon on a dark night
1st thought was of search light some hunters use both of us turned around the hills and back to find a beautiful woman walking on the stone slopes of the dam and a splash in the water was the end every thing happened so soon we were num packed all our stuff and left to the dam
when spoke to the old guard he only said [nima adustra tumba channagi idde e vattu amavasa kaldi onde dias aagida ] you are lucky today only one day has past amavasa

he offered us to sleep in his room some slept some kept on gossiping that time he told me some where around 700 plus have comitted sucide and died since the dam was built and he was the oldest guard from day one he even shared some of his experiences ghosty as well as of wild animals
he told me that there was a local person who used to remove bodies when comitted sucide was attacked by some evil spirit and hung himself ,and the guard has seen him many times weeping with weard voice

all of this didnt scare me much earlier to angling i was a jungle boy have spent most of my life in dark thick jungles of shimoga shivsamudra kollegal etc have slept in grave yards temples once woke up in the morning to find had a skull next to where i had slept never had any problems this incident made me more disturbed and was waiting for the next experience
a fortnight later on a full moon day again planned to stay over night this time the stone slopes. reached the spot some where around 5 30pm and decided to night fish on the slopes, we were 3 of them as the night fall we had caught some talapias 2 marals one tortoise which was released had our dinner the climate was too cold and all of us were sitting close by with one torch and a head light some where around 2.30 am we had caught nothing of that night and decided to leave the instance i told my boys to pack up a lot of some few hundred fishes splashed close to the bank and disappeared in this moment the tourch fell and got damaged now we decided to leave immediately one of my companian started chanting some verses of our holy book which made them both run off the scene some how i picked up my tackle with the help of head light the time i picked up the bag containg our catch found it so light that it was flying in the air and suddenly some thing pulled the bag so hard that i had to bend down towards the water and in the water i see the reflection of the same lady oops threw the tackle bag couldnt make up to the top had shivering legs the guards had closed the gates had a fearful night some how spent the rest of the hrs as day broke collected our tackle and since than we leave the place before night falls
The day when all of our gang was spinning on the stone slopes i was the only one sitting on the top watching and most worried shouting the guard to ask the gang to leave before dark
belive it or not that day till today never had the gutts to walk down the stone slopes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Love these tales. Especially the term "un-natural" things happenning.

Add so much of a bite to a night's fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Here's one from me.

As a kid we would go duck hunting to some marshes near Doon. We would reach the place in the evening, have a great dinner, watch the grown ups drink and get their shotguns and ammo ready.

Around 2am we would all get into the old Jonga and head for the marsh. Reaching the place we would all get into small groups and spread out. Being cold, misty and very wet the place was creepy and straight out of a B grade horror movie.

We had heard of ghosts and chudails and the likes. Anyone who has grown up in the hills knows all about them. The gillie, had to be an old man, had told us about how this marsh was haunted. And how the ghost would fly around and chase you if you ran. We never believed any of this though our chaddies were always a bit wet.

Then one night it happened. We were in a small blind made of a few branches and a bit of tarp. It must have been just past 4, time for the ducks to start arriving. At first we heard a sound, a deep hissing. Then a crackle or was it a sadistic laugh. And finally a green aura floated past us. Me and my cousin wanted to break into a sprint but an uncle's strong hand stopped us.

The green aura floated past our blind. Stopping for just a moment as if to look inside. Then it floated away fast towards the others. A few seconds later we heard a scream. And lots of splashing as the rest of the party came running back.

what was it? I did not know for a long time. And then I found out. It was marsh gas, methane, the stuff bubbles out from under the water. On cold nights it collect in pockets. And being highly inflammable just needs dry twigs to rub against each other to set it off.

So there is always an explanation. Riaz I am willing to spend a night at the dam. Who else is willing to join me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:16 pm 
Fishaholic

ME :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:25 pm 
Fishaholic

I wont... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm 
Fishaholic

gavin??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:51 pm 
Fishaholic

by the way...need some more description of that lady riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 pm 
Fishaholic

saikibryan wrote:
by the way...need some more description of that lady riaz

hey saiki,

I thought you had your hands full with spirits & spirited ladies in Goa, common man leave this one, will be too hot to handle.. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:00 am 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
Here's one from me.
The green aura floated past our blind. ....what was it? I did not know for a long time. And then I found out. It was marsh gas, methane, the stuff bubbles out from under the water. So there is always an explanation. Riaz I am willing to spend a night at the dam. Who else is willing to join me?

This been debated for long with Marfa lights being most famous.

methane at standard temperature and pressure is a colorless & odorless, it will be luminous only when ignited

Also these nocturnal lights have been found to be cold and not hot as burning methane.. well, could be any other gas or mixture Or..............
:roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:59 am 
Fishaholic

Iam Game :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:46 am 

Toongue firmly in cheek guys-trip reports or 'tripping' reports :0 :lol:
What ever, adds some variety...more?
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:01 pm 

Hi Riaz,

The detailed account of your experience of night out at Manchenabele makes a facinating fairy( ????) tale. Its really chilling to read and , I can not imagine the feelings/ fear that would have gripped the person there at that moment.

But still, I am game for a night halt there..Provided someone guarantees me a big catch ( Murrel).

Regards,
Arokiaraj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:31 pm 
Fishaholic

im not a baby!!
willing to get scared.!!
murrel will make up for ghostly women..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:26 pm 

I am there too - love this stuff !!! [smilie=lil_red_devil.gif]

Post subject: Friendship Day outing
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:24 pm 
Fishaholic

hey guys
Best friendship Day i have ever had .........
Cheers !!! Riaz , Prakash , Pran , Viper

kindly click the below link.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x301/theanglers/

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x301/theanglers/

Cheers !!!!!!
M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Nice! Lots of happy faces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Great pics mayur... you guys had lot of fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Riaz,Mayur,Viper,Prakash, Pran ....

U got me hooked again :(

Manchinbele ...here I come..

Calling Derek, Shrikant, Aaron, Lenny, Owen .... and all ye others...

Whats happening on 15th August ?
We gotta celebrate :twisted: independence day

Or do we try Samathenhalli (after Hope Farms) for beeg:shock: Catfish

Jude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:57 pm 

>Or do we try Samathenhalli (after Hope Farms) for beeg:shock: Catfish

Didn't know there was a lake in Samethanahalli.You sure you haven't confused it with the one in Mallasandra-that's after Samethanahalli?

Anyways don't stay after dark there-it's a crime prone area

Have fun

Pran