->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: shopping spree
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:39 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
guyz i'm quoting my travel plan first...
26th of april>>>goa (5 days)
2nd of may>>>mumbai (4 days)
6th of may>>>surat (2 days)
8th of may>>>comin back to howrah station by train

i want to check out tackle/lure/reel/rods in the fishing gear shops
so plz gimme the addresses and names if possible, of them which would come along my way...i'm planning to check them out...
shall do a bit of shopping as well

plz gimme some reference guyz
regards :-)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:45 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
wat happened no reply guyz???
need help plz... :(


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:36 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:08 am
Posts: 2102
Location: Assam
Hi Doc,

You can try out in Champion sports in the Panjim Market. They have a few reels and rods available. I bought a Zebco pro staff graphite composite rod from there. Bought a few split rings, swivels, and a few plugs as well. There is one more shop nearby them. They mainly keep fishinf nets and stuff, but I saw a few Shimano reels too.

There is one more shop near Mapusa main circle. From the circle go left and ask anybody regarding the tackle shop which is run by a old fella. He has got some things too.

I dont know anything about Mumbai.

Cheers,
Apoo


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:11 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
hello apoo,
thanx for reply
guess bargaining is allowed in that shop ya said?
how much they'll charge for a average shimano reel or good casting rod?
i'll bargain hard...lets c
regards :-)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:13 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
and anyone knows about the shops in mumbai??? :?:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:05 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
There are a few shops in mumbai. They are at kattha bazaar, near masjid bunder or something like that, close to VT.

walk around and bargain a lot if you are buying in bulk. the good news is that you will find everything here. and if they do not have it place an order.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:00 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Posts: 776
There was a thread where I gave addresses for three tackle shops in Goa but it seems to have vanished. :(


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:03 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
thanx MK...kattha bazaar noted... :-)
@Ken...exactly...i could remember there was a thread
couldn't find it, thats why i started this thread... :(
could ya plz post the details of goan shops again???
regards


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:56 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 217
Location: Bangalore, India
Sai,

there is this guy called Sajjid Hussain 02223412414 in masjid ,mumbai.

never met him but a friend proposed his name.

All the best !!!

Jude


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:08 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
thanx jude...
masjid bunder is the place???
any guide how should i reach there? i'll be stayin close to javeri bazaar
regards


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:50 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 am
Posts: 1601
Location: Mumbai / India
Hey Saki mate ... me be your guise to Masjid ... gimme a holler or a tinkle when youre down in mumbai . Im off fishing this weekend and will be back in Mumbai on 3rd May .. 4th May should be fine


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:12 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 195
Location: Mumbai
Jude wrote:
Sai,

there is this guy called Sajjid Hussain 02223412414 in masjid ,mumbai.



Its Sajjad Hussain.
Javeri Bazar is quite close by - get into a cab and ask to go to Carnac Bridge near Crawford market. Get off just where the bridge starts. Katha Bazar is to the left.
As you walk into Katha Bazar from where Carnac bridge starts, take the second lane on the right. His is the corner shop at the far end of the road. Its called Hayderi Fishnet centre I think.
He usually has a good collection of rods and reels, although in recent times he has been stocking Korean stuff. There was a time when one could pick up Daiwa, Shimano and Abu Garcia products from him at quite respectable prices. He still stocks a large variety of Rapala lures though.
I know him quite well .... would be happy to join you and Fredfish.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:01 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
Fredfish wrote:
Hey Saki mate ... me be your guise to Masjid ... gimme a holler or a tinkle when youre down in mumbai . Im off fishing this weekend and will be back in Mumbai on 3rd May .. 4th May should be fine

fredster...check pm plz :-)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:02 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
hawkeye wrote:
Jude wrote:
Sai,

there is this guy called Sajjid Hussain 02223412414 in masjid ,mumbai.



Its Sajjad Hussain.
Javeri Bazar is quite close by - get into a cab and ask to go to Carnac Bridge near Crawford market. Get off just where the bridge starts. Katha Bazar is to the left.
As you walk into Katha Bazar from where Carnac bridge starts, take the second lane on the right. His is the corner shop at the far end of the road. Its called Hayderi Fishnet centre I think.
He usually has a good collection of rods and reels, although in recent times he has been stocking Korean stuff. There was a time when one could pick up Daiwa, Shimano and Abu Garcia products from him at quite respectable prices. He still stocks a large variety of Rapala lures though.
I know him quite well .... would be happy to join you and Fredfish.


gr8 buddy...i'll give ya a call after reaching mumbai...
check ur pm plz :-)


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:13 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
Hi Sai,

I hv brought lot of stuff from sajjad including a Daiwa 6.6 ft rod (spinning / medium) @ 1250 bucks.. the rod is OK for light / medium spinning.. apart from this model the other rod worth checking from Sajjad is a Korean tele rod (in 6.6 & 8 ft) for medium spinning.. all other stuff is cheap Korean & phil makes.. BTW.. he is a good person but a smart salesman & u hv to bargain the best way u can... for rapala, check IA online shop.. the prices are better than Sajjad's... the shop on the next lane from sajjads shops has a 10 Ft two piece shimano spinning rod.. have a look at it,.. I liked it.

regards,

Santosh


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:50 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:25 am
Posts: 791
Location: kolkata
santosh wrote:
Hi Sai,

I hv brought lot of stuff from sajjad including a Daiwa 6.6 ft rod (spinning / medium) @ 1250 bucks.. the rod is OK for light / medium spinning.. apart from this model the other rod worth checking from Sajjad is a Korean tele rod (in 6.6 & 8 ft) for medium spinning.. all other stuff is cheap Korean & phil makes.. BTW.. he is a good person but a smart salesman & u hv to bargain the best way u can... for rapala, check IA online shop.. the prices are better than Sajjad's... the shop on the next lane from sajjads shops has a 10 Ft two piece shimano spinning rod.. have a look at it,.. I liked it.

regards,

Santosh


hello santosh...
thanx for all of the infos
i'm more interested buying a casting rod rather than spinning one...
though i'll check them of course


and any idea guys how much abu baitcaster/multipliers would cost me in INR???

regards


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:42 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:40 pm
Posts: 195
Location: Mumbai
santosh wrote:
he is a good person but a smart salesman & u hv to bargain the best way u can... Santosh


I agree entirely ... he knows when he's got you hooked to a particular item in his shop and believe me he will play you well..... :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:39 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Posts: 776
OK.

Champs Sports is behind the main church in Panaji and has a reasonable range of basic kit.

There is another tackle shop in Panaji that's next door to the Nike outlet in the city centre. it's mainly a chandlers but they have plenty of line, lures and leads in boxes under the counter.

White Surf Tackle is north of Panaji in Mapusa, and is in the same complex as the football stadium. They have slightly odd hours being open 8 - 1 and 4 - 7 but stock shimano rods and reels and a good range of decent kit including proper surfcasting leads.

Hope this helps.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited