->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Wazirabad Weekend!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:29 pm 
Fishaholic

Compared to the waters at Okhla Barrage, it seems that the Wazirabad Barrage is fed by snowmelt... pristine waters for a place like delhi, with minimal pollution... but no fish...

Spent 2 days there (Sat & Sunday 14th & 15th April)... tried everything short of dynamite... not a single fish... no sighting... no biting...

Satruday started with ground baiting the place with charai and home made bollies... tried the concoction at my pond at the critters loved it! So all hope full, land up at wazirabad, pleasently suprised by the water conditions and ground bait the place... Dipped the lines in with Rapps & mepps, but no bites... no big deal, maybe the fish didn't feel like biting...

Back on sunday morning... shocking surprise awaitng me... ( no not the 8 ft 'do mooy' snake at the spot, but the number of net floats bobbing all over the place... anyway, put the rods out and waitied for a bite... no luck... same thing happened in the evening (minus the snake)... but this time round, the natives were there to check their nets... went out on the boat with them to see what their catch was like... boy did they fare better than me...

After laying out about 800 yards of nets which criss crossed the river mulitpole times and seal it offcompletely, they had a huge catch... 3 little bugger ( i could not identify the fish) with a combined weight of 1 kilo!!!

no wonder nothing was biting.... there is nothing there.... he waters have been completely seived end to end, and its done on a daily basis... there is absolutely no regulation there and netting is totally blatant...

so in my humble opinion... don't waste your time... better bet is Dadupur...

Dying to go check out the pumphouse with Mahseerken...

Cheers,

Dhruv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:41 pm 

Dhruv, I had the poo on my shoes to prove that!
No fish in Okhla, or Hindon or...
Better luck in Dadupur.
best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:55 pm 
Fishaholic

ouch!

Post subject: Pump House!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:49 pm 
Fishaholic

All aboard for the pump house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:42 am 
Fishaholic

to the pump house it is then. but let me warn you that it is small... very small. the canal is a not more that 25 feet wide. But the place is nice and open. and there are a few fish... that's more than wazirabad.

might need some soli for the mulley. any idea how to get that... or we could carry chicken guts.

this sat or sunday then. give me a call. it's 9811021219.

Asif,

mate if you are reading this then try and come along. we have made too many plans that have been released but not caught.

Post subject: Solly
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:42 am 
Fishaholic

chicken gut not an issue... will try to figure out solly... two places i know of are Darya ganj & Ambedkar Nagar...

Will check in both places...

Won't mully take plugs there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:18 pm 
Fishaholic

mulley will certainly take plugs. the last and only tiime i went there i carried one jointed rapala sliver, one daiwa deep minnow crawdad type, daiwa suspending perch. flogged all three but did not stir anything. infact i did not see any fish movement even though the pump guys insisted there were big fish.

i hope we prove them right

this time i'll take some spinners and a few smaller plugs. the chicken gut should work on baam for sure.

still i remind you it's not dadupur might just be more like wazirabad. but hey i am not complaining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:56 am 
Fishaholic

as long as the lines are wet and an attempt is there, I'm happy! Dadupur will be another plan for another week-end!