->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:32 am 
Fishaholic

Just to the right of Madh beach,is a long out crop of rocks going bout a km,excellent for both ravas and Kajura,u can go there on the out going tide,but excellent skilll is needed to keep the fish from fraying u line on the rocks.My friend Ralph(Rolly)and myself had worked out a table regarding the height of tide one could stay out on the full tide on the Bhati point.But things did go wrong one day and we found ourselfs clinging on to dear life being lashed by waves and from the corner of our eyes watchin the fish feed,but we lived to talk bout it,please guy take care on Bhati point,and especially Manori point where on the out going tide you get a rougue wave that comes right out at u.Monsoons stay clear, fish the manori creek for barra(kajura).New anglers caution we lost 3 anglers to date.Lenny at pathwadi madh island,and the two Parsi brothers at Manori island may they cast in peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:48 am 
Fishaholic

Never Fished Bhati for some reason..

I dont think too many people fish these places any more accept maybe fome of the boys from Orlem..

One of our members Kamlaker is on a hardcore fishing trip, will be fishing Manori - Bhati - Mhad now and he should have some reports on how those spots is doing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:13 am 
Fishaholic

Ive fished Bhati many times but you had to get the tides right ( had to be Bhang tide ) or youre in big big trouble .. The key is to know the way at low tide out ... there is just one route .. u miss it and ... trouble . Even more dangerous is when youre on the way back with a fish .. it then gets bloody trecherous .. and if you miss the one path back then theres even more trouble . I once caught 3 Barra in one session and i was alone on the rock . The fish were still feeding and I just had to pack up as I would not be able to carry the fish back ... Bhatti is a prime Barra spot .. The rawas were always there but invariably feed beyond casting range .. Must try to go there once again and check out the place .. maybe Ill wait for Rao's report , Bobster ..

Neil ,, i heard about the two of you and ure escape at Bhatti .. must have been hell .... but one things for sure .. if you were lucky and did get a good high tide ie calm tide in the 3.5-3.7 metre range and you stayed there .. the Rawas came in closer and then the action was dynamite ... ive been there once at a 3.5 metre tide and pulled out 4 Rawas .... and lost a couple more after hook ups ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:02 am 
Fishaholic

The Best we did there was,Ralph 2 ravas 10lbs plus,myself 1 barra,1 ravas 10 another 18 pounder who had one treble in its jaw and the second in its tail,no fight till i landed him,boy u should have seen him jump then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Fred/bobby/Neil...

would like to know abt a nice (safe) place near madh/Manori ... plan to go there in next few weeks..

Is this time of the year good for fishing from there..?.. pls also help what bait to use (natural / artificial).. i hv couple of small spoons & rubber baits which i guess can be used..

regards,... santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:44 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Santosh,

It will be a bit difficult to explain in type, suggest you give Fred a call.

I have not fished Manori for a very long time now, but I heard it is still producing some fish.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:41 pm 
Fishaholic

santosh use spoons about 4 inches and rapala killer plugs in blue/siver combination,ull meet a guy called DESMOND,he will help u out,always there atr manori the spot is due south west,omn a sunday u will meet some guy going across to manori island,also at the ferry jetty u will see fish feedin at times,i caught both ravas and kajura in the creek at early morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:27 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Bobby & Neil,

I will write to fred after some time, i guess he must be busy with the task on hand & don't wish to disturb him now....

next sunday i'll go to madh..I have small spoons (3' Nickel).. will try them.. Neil wht time in the morning should I try..? (very early?)..

how abt using fish OR prawns for bait.. does it work..?

when u refer to manori.. is it manori island .. i guess i hv to take the ferry from marve to go to manori.. any particular place i should go.. pls advice..

sorry for so many ques.. :oops:
Thanks again.. santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:32 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Santosh,

I would suggest going about a week before the fullmoon to 2 days after, I do not know what the tide/moon is at them moment.

Going very early will help before Dawn, the fish tend to be closer in, the only problem is you do not know where the nets are.

And yes, be carefull of those damn village dogs.

Regards,

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi bobby,.. thanks for the info..will check for the tide/moon before i go..

Did u say dogs..??? :shock: Yaj, wants me to meet his dogs (he has three).. and I am doing my best to stay away from them.. we are making a plan to take his dogs to my farm land in pen for some hare chasing.... just imagine of his big hound on the back seat of the car, with his jaws right near my ear .... he whispering to me.. when can i bite uuu ..
[smilie=intent.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:59 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi santosh .. you can gimme a call anytime after 2000 hrs as by that time im usually home ... i can direct you what to do at manori and Madh ... Maybe we can even go together

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Super !!! [smilie=coolup.gif] .. fred, it would be great if we can go together,.. I m sure Dr. Yaj will also love to join.

Will give you call after 20.00 Hrs.. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:27 pm 

Freddie-
Watch out, you cant handle these guys... :twisted:
Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:33 pm 

Santosh, thanks for the info, Praveen will get in touch.You guys have a great time and dont forget to get a spare helmet for freddie :twisted:
Enjoy
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:38 pm 
Fishaholic

HEy Asif ... they havent met me yet !!!!! maybe they should watch out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What say OMO :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear fred, .. Asif was referring to the marathon fishing session I & Yaj had in pursuit of catching big fish.. the fish were jumping all over, showing us their @$$ [smilie=kiss_it.gif] ... we did all that was super-humanly possible, BUT :roll: ... [smilie=cwl.gif]

Asif,...spare helmet for fred , only if decides to travel with bulli kutta.... :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Cool guys ,,, im a billi kutta guy myself .. have a frigging zoo at home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:03 am 
Fishaholic

Looks like most Anglers have,billi-kutta and popats guess i ll start a new thread on anglers pets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:23 am 
Fishaholic

hi Neil,

The bulli Kutta is not exactly Billi [smilie=meow.gif] & kutta ...

Bulli Kutta is a very aggressive, ferocious north indian hunting dog that grows huge & very strong. [smilie=shake.gif] .. there are cases were two big males have killed a full grown buffalo & heard of some cases where even the master was attacked & killed.. [smilie=shocked.gif] [smilie=shake.gif]

Yaj has one & he wants me to meet his bulli kutta & hound.. on a drive with his dogs sitting behind (reason for needing a helmet)... [smilie=shake.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:07 am 
Fishaholic

That's amazing Santosh, can you post a picture of this dog under general topics or under Niels new thread..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:10 am 
Fishaholic

hi bobby,

Yaj has a year old female .. i'll ask him to post her pic in neil's new topic abt pets..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Posted doggy pics on Neil's thread.
By the way my Indian mastiff(called BK in Pakistan and parts of India) female is a doll! No ferocious beast,she just doesnt like strangers :wink:
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:33 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Bobby/Neil,

Freddy took me & yaj to madh & marve jetty..,, unfortunately it was a low tide & also a bit windy... but meeting him & learning how to cast was very interesting & fun :-)

Landed lot of plastic / HDPE bags, some decorative items & nylon scrap.. :roll:

Fredy also showed us Bhati point & some other spots..(wondering how much fun u guys must hv had when things were different)

Thanks fredy... we enjoyed it... :-) look forward to go fishing with u again..

Santosh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 am 
Fishaholic

Mate, yes perhaps things were a bit better, but then, we felt the same way you probably do now about what it must have been like earlier, we heard stories from the old timers too. You must remember that anglers will only relate their exciting and successfull days out, the question is what was the success ratio?

Bottom line, we are always going to feel that another era was better.

You have to look at it like this:

The time and effort it took travelling in Bus/train or on a cycle V/S modern vehicles today gives you greater access more fishing areas, so broaden your horizons today.

The quality and difference in tackle today should improve your strike rate/hook up and landing rate.

Look to what is currently available, enjoy, Preserve and better what we have now for the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:59 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Look to what is currently available, enjoy, Preserve and better what we have now for the future.

I agree....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

I second both Santosh and Bobby's statements.
It was great to meet Fred and learn from him
And we got to make the best of what we have now and preserve it for the future.
Yaj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Same here guys .. nice meeting you both ... Yaj dont forget the IM ... regards Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Fred,already spoken to the guy in Delhi about the IM,he said he'll get back to me.Will stay on it till we get you one :-)
Regards,
Yaj.