->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:39 pm 

After a gap of almost 2 months from my last trip finally i set out with my family and a close friend for another fishing adventure in the Konkan. We left Mumbai in the morning around 8ish to arrive 8 PM . By the time we checked into our Hotel we were totally exuasted and drained,after a quick dinner we retired to rise up early in the morning. At 5 AM in the morning me and my friend Vijay were in the boat and set sail to troll . Till about 0730 there were no strikes however we could see the bait fish jump out of the water. At about 0735 i get the first strike on my bomber lure,few minutes of run and we get a nice mangrove jack of about 1.5 kg out of the water. Another 15 min and another snapper of same size. Next time it was Vijay's turn and he gets a small grouper on his Rapala fire tiger .we trolled around the rocks on the coast and once again it was Vijay's reel which started running with a Blue line grouper on the other end. It was 0930 and we decided to head back to the jetty when i got a massive strike with the rod bending in the form of U. The next 30 min were spent in paying out the line and again reeling in ,towards the end the fish ran under the boat and the lure was released from the fish's mouth with both of us dissapointed to not have a look at this fighter. We reached the Hotel in the afternoon and took some rest to have another session in the eveing . This time we decided to get the family into the boat as it was not windy and water was tranquill. Unfortunately 3 hrs of evening trolling session didnt result in any game nevertheless we enjoyed the scenic beauty of the place.

Next morning we gave another shot by trolling for 3 hrs ,we got many hits but could only convert one to a catch of about 2 kg Snapper. Afternoon was spent lazing around and evening on the beach

Fishes Caught: Two Snappers 2 KG , One Snappers 1.5 KG , One small Grouper and another 1 KG

Equipment Used: Rods:Abu Garcia Tounament Spinning rod 9 feet,Dam onliner 10 Feet
Reels: Daiwa Cross cast 6000 and Okuma Trinity
Lines: 50 Pound braid power Pro
Lures: Bombers(HD SALT A) Rapalas

Below are some pics of the trip:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 pm 

Nadeem

Nicely written giving all details including all the gear used which is very insightful and wonderful location as well.

Tight lines and keep it coming.

Rgds

Vipin
Chennai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:05 pm 

Hi Nadeem,
You have documented the incidents very well, can you throw some light on the locations you visited in Konkan, as I'm planning for a trip in next 2 mths.

Regards,
Ashish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice report Nadeem!

The place looks nice and make me want to go for a swim :-)

Cheers, Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Nice report Nadeem!! Sad u missed the big one after a long fight!! The place looks beautiful!!